BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-22-2019, 07:35 AM   #67
JayInVa
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 40i MSport Tanzanite Blue

Saw it up close and in person when test driving the other day in the sun. This color is gorgeous. Carbon black was my first choice before seeing this color.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 08:04 AM   #68
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
i ordered tanzanite blue ii individual on x5 45e with ivory (alphenweiss) / black combination “full” individual leather interior (also included leather dashboard) on m sport pack, nearly full option (only left few things out), 21inch m sport wheels (to stay below 50gr co2 because I also picked towing hook) with air suspension - delivery around 02/2020
I looked at the tanzanite blue in the web site. It's crap - just another shade of dark blue. Tanzanite is actually a bright blue /purple color. It would be spectacular on a car.

I know the dark blues are popular. I ordered the mineral white and I'm glad I did. I've never had a white car but in the heat here (southern Maryland) I didn't want a dark color. Haven't gotten the car yet. I hope I still like the white in a few years. I have to park outside under trees.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #69
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandwagn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsFixer View Post
How do people feel about Tanzanite vs Pytonic vs Carbon Black? Pondering color choice for an order.
It depends a bit on what you want - the sun really brings out the color, especially tanzanite and carbon black.

The big difference is in the shade. Pytonic will still be full blue - carbon will be all but pure black and tanzanite will still show a hint of blue hue (like the photos in the post above).
Carbon any day , jet black at night and a rich looking blue during the day , fell in love with it with the ivory interior
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 12:33 AM   #70
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
I looked at the tanzanite blue in the web site. It's crap - just another shade of dark blue. Tanzanite is actually a bright blue /purple color. It would be spectacular on a car.

I know the dark blues are popular. I ordered the mineral white and I'm glad I did. I've never had a white car but in the heat here (southern Maryland) I didn't want a dark color. Haven't gotten the car yet. I hope I still like the white in a few years. I have to park outside under trees.
You should really Google some images and see how vibrant the color can get. It can range from bright blue to purple to dark blue, love it. Pictures in the shade don't do it justice, it's the kind of color you have to see in real life in different circumstances.
Attached Images

Last edited by apocalypsbe; 05-23-2019 at 12:41 AM..
Appreciate 3
Denk1006.00
Cooltones241.00
      05-23-2019, 06:49 AM   #71
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I can see it better with that photo, thanks!

Yup it has some of that purpley sheen. It is a gorgeous color but I’d still like a brighter and lighter color. But that wouldn’t really fit the bmw Gestalt. I’m lucky they had white.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #72
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I can see it better with that photo, thanks!

Yup it has some of that purpley sheen. It is a gorgeous color but I’d still like a brighter and lighter color. But that wouldn’t really fit the bmw Gestalt. I’m lucky they had white.
I wasn’t into white until a had a temporary bmw which happened to be white. It definitely grew on me and it doesn’t get dirty as quickly as you would imagine so my guess is you’re going to be fine with it.

Nevertheless I wanted to have something special. I asked for a satin colour “frozen” first but it is not possible at the moment. The factory isn’t equipped for it or doesn’t have the skill set available.

I went on to look for something else, something special still and found tanzanite blue that way. It looks super classy on a well equipped car. I took ivory white combo with black accents individual full leather interior to contrast it.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 05:58 AM   #73
ILM_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

How's that 45e build coming along? Still can't believe you have the pull to order a car that doesn't exist. I wish I had pockets that deep.
      06-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #74
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

I still find it amazing that the 2020 will still have the same skimpy color choices. No silver or light gray which is incomprehensible. Just Whites - blacks- a dark gray & a bright blue. Pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:36 PM   #75
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT_X5 View Post
How's that 45e build coming along? Still can't believe you have the pull to order a car that doesn't exist. I wish I had pockets that deep.
It’s not like I already have to pay anything The dealer already knows me and how specific I want to gear my car out and they know I can afford it so no sweat on that part. Not much news for the rest, added some more options, drive recorder, alcantara black individual roof headliner and individual shadow line (should include black grill / exhausts). Options that recently became available.

For the rest I’ll check for an exhaust line if I can get the standard replaced. Not in options list (for example m performance exhaust line). Have to look for winter setup (wheels) by time the car comes. Same for charging station so I can get it charged at home.

Up till this point the x5 45e logo’s cannot be removed (option) from trunk according to dealer. Not sure why but I think/guess it’s related to emergency services (fire department needs to know it’s a hybrid I guess). I plan to black those out in case they are in chrome.

Should become a really nice car, looking forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 10:33 AM   #76
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Found another Tanzanite blue X5 G05 online, finding more on more lately, love what I'm seeing in terms of color
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-04-2019, 11:03 AM   #77
Cavman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 35i M-Sport

That looks a lot like Carbon Black. So good to see the Tanzanite can become a dark blue as well as a lighter blue in sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 01:47 PM   #78
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
That looks a lot like Carbon Black. So good to see the Tanzanite can become a dark blue as well as a lighter blue in sunlight.
I kind of expect it to be dark blue most of the time since I live in Belgium
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #79
Jcrane
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 20d xdrive

For your viewing pleasure. Looks hot!

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 06:36 PM   #80
propellerlogo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Our new 40i.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
TurtleBoy13124.00
marcosg24.50
Cooltones241.00
      08-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #81
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerlogo View Post
Our new 40i.
looks great, thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #82
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I ordered a 2020 M50i in Tanzenite Blue II
Can't wait. I did Full White Ivory/Night Blue Merino leather.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 08:53 AM   #83
Flippy_00
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsbe View Post
Up till this point the x5 45e logo’s cannot be removed (option) from trunk according to dealer. Not sure why but I think/guess it’s related to emergency services (fire department needs to know it’s a hybrid I guess).
I am a Belgian firefighter, and indeed it's VERY useful for us to know if the car is hybrid/electric. In that case we will immediately look for the electronic rescue sheet.
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #84
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy_00 View Post
I am a Belgian firefighter, and indeed it's VERY useful for us to know if the car is hybrid/electric. In that case we will immediately look for the electronic rescue sheet.
I asked a Belgian BMW engineer but he said it’s allowed to remove the logo’s. The extra cap on the driver side to charge the car gives away it’s a hybrid. Nothing specific for the rest from BMW that indicates it’s a hybrid except for the logo’s (e).
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 10:38 PM   #85
Mongoose777
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X 5 M-Sport

Quote:

You're the first and only one who has ever said Tanzanite was crap, it is NOT another shade of blue and it is not bright blue.
Tanzanite is a beautiful color and would look awesome on an X5.
Both are great colors.
Actually, MWhte it is a very pretty color, which also looks great on cars too.
Best to ya as Im sure you'll have lots of fun with MWhte.

Last edited by Mongoose777; 08-04-2019 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 03:21 AM   #86
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose777 View Post
You're the first and only one who has ever said Tanzanite was crap, it is NOT another shade of blue and it is not bright blue.
Both are great colors.
I ordered Tanzanite Blue Individual II but I get what he is saying and he’s right.
It looks like crap on the configurator, it doesn’t do the colour any justice. I probably wouldn’t even recognise it as being that colour. It would be better to have a rotating 3D model under different lighting conditions to actually get a sense of what a colour may look like.

What I do is use Google / Pinterest whatever search engine or image app to look up cars that were build in a specific colour and look at pictures / videos to see what it might look like. It’s not perfect, still not like in reality but it definitely beats the crappy colour preview in the car configurator
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 05:28 PM   #87
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose777 View Post
Both are great colors.

Oh my!
Well, thanks to your post (not) I’ve changed my mind.

Subaru has a stellar bright turquoise color. Saw a few of them last week. I wish BMW would offer other lighter colors, other than the whites and sandstone.

Light yes, beige no.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 10:08 PM   #88
Mongoose777
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X 5 M-Sport

Quote:

Oh my!
Well, thanks to your post (not) I’ve changed my mind.

Subaru has a stellar bright turquoise color. Saw a few of them last week. I wish BMW would offer other lighter colors, other than the whites and sandstone.

Light yes, beige no.
Same here, Im glad I took your advice (NOT) about Tanzanite, because the color is absolutely stunning and is nothing like a different shade of blue.
It's better to see in person and hear and see images about others opinions who actually have that color.
This is the reason why we picked this color because we saw the 2020's line up and didn't like them.
We really missed out on Tartufo, but settled for Coffee Merino.
I thought you settled for Mineral White?
That was our second color of choice, but those go extremely fast!
The other problem for me is I see way too many white cars and I just
had a hard time blending in with everybody else. IMO, I bet white is close to 65%
over all other colors combine, just drive around and take notice at intersections
as it is very surprising to see so many white cars, but Mineral White in the X 5 is great.

Last edited by Mongoose777; 08-05-2019 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0