United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
I came to this forum from the G01 X3 forum where I learned about a drive train vibe issue that still to this writing has gone unresolved. I know of at least two who have invoked the lemon law and BMW is in fact buying their cars back.. ..https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1485010. So I decided against buying the G01 X3 and came here to see if the G05 was to be in my future.

Many of the issues I read about are comms and software but your issues involve hardware and a stubborn BMW NA so until I see that BMW has addressed your issues, I will continue to hold off from buying a new X5. I know others who have posted feel the same way. If it happened to you, it can happen to me. I don't need a new car, I just wanted to renew what I have but will wait. I for one really appreciate your transparency here.
I'm glad you are, maybe BMW will read this and come to their senses. I told them, as an enthusiast brand, their image on forums, communities, etc is what makes them a brand. Without communities like ours, BMW would be like Audi or Mercedes who lack a true core of people that are passionate about the brand. BMW and Porsche have the largest communities of enthusiast so it's in their best interest to resolve problems or risk losing their brand identity and audience.

I have nothing to hide and will always share my experience with people. That's why I try being active on here because everyone deserves to know the full picture before making a purchase. Thank you
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 2
gpitts247.00
MystroX56283.50
      06-14-2019, 01:38 PM   #90
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
I would keep in mind most forums, people tend to post when they have issues.... I wouldn't rely on them for enough information to decide to buy or not, heck if I did that I wouldn't own anything.
True, just seems to be some major issues that I haven't had with any of my other BMWs and is concerning. I haven't made a firm decision yet, as I was very impressed when I test drove a 50i, but if these quality control issues keep popping up, I will probably pass on the G05.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 02:17 PM   #91
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
True, just seems to be some major issues that I haven't had with any of my other BMWs and is concerning. I haven't made a firm decision yet, as I was very impressed when I test drove a 50i, but if these quality control issues keep popping up, I will probably pass on the G05.
I think he's assuming I'm only here to complain or something. Obviously, my extensive reputation (forum 'thanks') and long posts documenting the good, bad and ugly of my BMW's is nonsense
Appreciate 1
TXSchnee1307.50
      06-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #92
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I think he's assuming I'm only here to complain or something. Obviously, my extensive reputation (forum 'thanks') and long posts documenting the good, bad and ugly of my BMW's is nonsense
Not at all, simple comparison from actual posts if you could pull the data and show positive (any) to negative (any) you will see an offset. No where would I say you are here to complain, and just like you I have a recent post about my warranty items, its a boring read but same as you its transparent to share with others. My point is one should not base choices on something so one sided.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #93
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

Quote:
I think he was directing it to someone who is on the fence looking to buy. He's saying in general, "bad" things on these forums. I have not seen many positive post since purchasing, that's just the nature of these forums. Most people without problems would not post, well except for a few, you included. most do appreciate it.

Personally, we havent had one issue with ours. I'm usually here to see if there cool things i dont know about or things i can do to "customize"

Your situation is definitely not a common and how BMW is handling is extremely bad rep for them.
Appreciate 2
Tenac4537.00
      06-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #94
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

It was directed to me, and I agree a lot of people come to vent on forums. My F25 had zero issues, my F15 was flawless, not a single problem (shouldn't have traded it on the Audi S6), and my G01 has had one major issue that was fixed and no other problems, so all the issues that have been posted about are concerning. I am hoping that BMW can figure out how to fix most, if not all, of these problems since many of them seem widespread. The BMW would save me $11,000-$15,000 over the Cayenne, so that is an added bonus for me to stay with BMW.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #95
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Not at all, simple comparison from actual posts if you could pull the data and show positive (any) to negative (any) you will see an offset. No where would I say you are here to complain, and just like you I have a recent post about my warranty items, its a boring read but same as you its transparent to share with others. My point is one should not base choices on something so one sided.
I'm glad you had a good experience, I wish mine was the same. I don't hate BMW, but dealers suck sometimes as does BMW NA. If they keep going down this road I very well will dislike them, so only time will tell. I read your post for what it's worth. I wouldn't call my experience one-sided because it's a common enough trend in our microscopic community relative to all vehicles sold to be concerning. The enthusiast community is more vocal about things, of course, this doesn't make them wrong. I'd be concerned too seeing all of these problems repeated on here with any car. Compared to MB or some others this is nothing so there's that.
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      06-14-2019, 07:08 PM   #96
Simon.iv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 30d

Here my list of bugs after 2 weeks owning a new X5 G05.

1. Misaligned mirror (passenger side)
2. Leather of rear seat (looks like the right one has a bit crack)
3. Driver seat back (seem like it has a small thing keep poking my back or Im just too sensitive)
4. Driver side right shoulder area has annoying sound (guess it from the plastic area hold the seat belt)
5. Wireless charging heating my phone so much
6. Apple carplay sometimes disconnected and hard to reconnect
7. Digital key cant be set up
8. Atm card key (my dealer said it's not included and need to order but the other dealer confirmed it must be included)
9. Cruise control at 110km/h cornering is a bit scary then I need to take control, other than that is great.

That're my list so far. Other than that, everything is great so far. I love the driving feeling and when doing the corner, the feeling was much better than my previous lexus.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #97
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.ha View Post

3. Driver seat back (seem like it has a small thing keep poking my back or Im just too sensitive)
4. Driver side right shoulder area has annoying sound (guess it from the plastic area hold the seat belt)
8. Atm card key (my dealer said it's not included and need to order but the other dealer confirmed it must be included)
9. Cruise control at 110km/h cornering is a bit scary then I need to take control, other than that is great.

That're my list so far. Other than that, everything is great so far. I love the driving feeling and when doing the corner, the feeling was much better than my previous lexus.
while I appreciate your list of issues this OP is not for that. A few of those are easily fixed and do not require a dealer to address.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2019, 08:21 PM   #98
Simon.iv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 30d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel.ha View Post

while I appreciate your list of issues this OP is not for that. A few of those are easily fixed and do not require a dealer to address.
It's kind of my notices in the first few weeks driving this g05. Im not sure and would not like to touch rather than have it explained at the service center as it is scheduled to replace the battery as well.

And to be honest, the dealer where to buy it did not spend much time to explain about the car when delivery, and try to avoid when I call them to ask. Then I decide to take it to another dealer for service which is nearer my place as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 08:28 PM   #99
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Having bought well into double digits brand new cars where the majority are BMWs and spent significant time on different forums I don’t see much unique here in terms of dealer and manufacturer responses. It is my experience that if you have a near bullet-proof lemon law case and professionally and calmly provide the service manager with the supportive documentation ( service records ) and discuss options the car will get bought back. Short of that the car will be fixed for any/all issues that the dealer get approved for warranty claims by the manufacturer.

I know from experience how extremely frustrating it is when a new car has issues but these things happens to different degree with most cars. The only year 2000+ MY cars I owned with absolutely zero warranty issues are my only two Japanese cars and my E90 M3, no wait I did replace a failed throttle actuator at 40k miles...

What is unique here is the HUGE list of issues, I think my max. is 4 with a gawd awful 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited ( that I happily dumped after 2 years. ). I can only imagine how I would feel with the list in this thread amounting to 5x of that, this must be Alfa/Rover level... To add I never had any of my warranty claims denied by BMW.

I hope things get fixed one way or another.

Last edited by solstice; 06-14-2019 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2019, 09:58 PM   #100
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Having bought well into double digits brand new cars where the majority are BMWs and spent significant time on different forums I don’t see much unique here in terms of dealer and manufacturer responses. It is my experience that if you have a near bullet-proof lemon law case and professionally and calmly provide the service manager with the supportive documentation ( service records ) and discuss options the car will get bought back. Short of that the car will be fixed for any/all issues that the dealer get approved for warranty claims by the manufacturer.

I know from experience how extremely frustrating it is when a new car has issues but these things happens to different degree with most cars. The only year 2000+ MY cars I owned with absolutely zero warranty issues are my only two Japanese cars and my E90 M3, no wait I did replace a failed throttle actuator at 40k miles...

What is unique here is the HUGE list of issues, I think my max. is 4 with a gawd awful 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited ( that I happily dumped after 2 years. ). I can only imagine how I would feel with the list in this thread amounting to 5x of that, this must be Alfa/Rover level... To add I never had any of my warranty claims denied by BMW.

I hope things get fixed one way or another.
German cars normally have had issues for me with one exception, our 2010 Golf diesel, had it for eight years without a single issue, not one, nada, zilch, null and then dieselgate hit and I sold it back to VW. Every BMW I've owned since 1980 has had issues under and over warranty. I remember the 1976 Datsun 280Z I had, when winter hit and it got cold, the doors would not close, I mean they would close when you pulled them from sitting in the car but they would not latch. You had to manually hold them closed till you had driven enough for the heater to heat up the car, and it was a brand new car! Ha ha ha, I loved the car so much I really didn't car! I would not see it the same way today, that car would have pissed me off and been back to the dealer.

Last edited by Marty in NY; 06-16-2019 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50
      06-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #101
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Android, are you a member of BMWCCA? They do have Ombudsman that can assist you with issues, it seems that you may fall into where they could be of some help. May be worth a try before having to pay lawyer fees to deal with this...
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      06-16-2019, 01:24 AM   #102
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Android, are you a member of BMWCCA? They do have Ombudsman that can assist you with issues, it seems that you may fall into where they could be of some help. May be worth a try before having to pay lawyer fees to deal with this...
Can you elaborate on that? I am a BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 08:12 AM   #103
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They used to list the Ombudsman per car model in their monthly Roundel along with the editors, etc. Its been awhile since I have had that mag, but they definitely had them.
Appreciate 1
natahoa252.00
      06-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #104
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

BMW Ombudsman

Here is a screen shot off the BMWCCA page

https://www.bmwcca.org/ombudsmen
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TXSchnee1307.50
      06-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #105
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Here is a screen shot off the BMWCCA page

https://www.bmwcca.org/ombudsmen
Marty beat me too it, but this is the relevant information.

Edited to fix my brain fart in word choice
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #106
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

I would temper your expectations with the CCA Ombudsmen. They're all volunteers and assist when they're able. Some forum members have had mixed past results.

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #107
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
I would temper your expectations with the CCA Ombudsmen. They're all volunteers and assist when they're able. Some forum members have had mixed past results.
when I saw that I knew it wouldn't be helpful. As nice as the people and idea may be, nothing will get solved like that. I'll update you guys tomorrow when I speak with the BMW NA rep
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      06-17-2019, 12:35 PM   #108
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
I asked my case manager why some of the safety aspects aren't being fixed and this was her response. I'm waiting on a call once she's out of her morning meetings today.

I swear it's like they're trying to create a bigger problem
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 01:17 PM   #109
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
I asked my case manager why some of the safety aspects aren't being fixed and this was her response. I'm waiting on a call once she's out of her morning meetings today.

I swear it's like they're trying to create a bigger problem
Is she TRYING to be a pain in the arse, or does it just come naturally to her?
      06-17-2019, 01:24 PM   #110
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
Is she TRYING to be a pain in the arse, or does it just come naturally to her?
I'll ask her. She also said which things do I feel are warranty related, and I said all of them obviously... it's like talking to a wall lately.
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00