E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I finally took delivery of my 330i

08-27-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I finally took delivery of my 330i

I've put about 120 miles on my new car today. After originally placing my order back in late May, I took delivery of my new 330i.

I could have gotten the car sooner, but I wanted to have a clear schedule when I got the car and the last 2 months have been extremely busy for me.

WOW is the only word to describe this car . Driving at 80mph feels like 40mph. But even more impressive is the flat cornering. I would have never thought a 4 door sedan could handle so well. I still have a lot to learn about this car, but I really like the iDrive and voice control system.

I also got my Cingular Treo 650 paired with bluetooth without much difficulty. The phone pairs with the car and also transfers the number stored in my shortcuts.

I will say more as I get a better feel for the car. So for I have only revved the car to 4000 rpms and can already tell that this car has all the power I'll need to regular driving and more.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Red face

CnoteMD,

Congrats on the delivery of your new baby! I look forward to more posts from you on its virtues. I still have three more weeks to wait before my baby arrives. Pouring over other members' messages on this board and sometimes others helps me with my wait.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
Jason P
Rep
Drives: 325i

I should only have a few more weeks left befor I have to "learn" how to shift my brand new E90. This has been one of the longest waits in my life. My congrat's to you. Enjoy what life has given to you. Peace!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2005, 04:19 AM   #4
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD
I've put about 120 miles on my new car today. After originally placing my order back in late May, I took delivery of my new 330i.

I could have gotten the car sooner, but I wanted to have a clear schedule when I got the car and the last 2 months have been extremely busy for me.

WOW is the only word to describe this car . Driving at 80mph feels like 40mph. But even more impressive is the flat cornering. I would have never thought a 4 door sedan could handle so well. I still have a lot to learn about this car, but I really like the iDrive and voice control system.

I also got my Cingular Treo 650 paired with bluetooth without much difficulty. The phone pairs with the car and also transfers the number stored in my shortcuts.

I will say more as I get a better feel for the car. So for I have only revved the car to 4000 rpms and can already tell that this car has all the power I'll need to regular driving and more.

Michael
Congratulations CnoteMD.

If you think you are impressed now, you haven't seen anything yet...just wait until towards the end of break-in... she will start to sing... and the gear changes (especially from 1 to 2) will get smoother and easier to execute....

Everything gets effortless after break-in :rocks:
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2005, 05:32 AM   #5
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I have driven manual transmission cars since I was 18 and I have noticed that this car is very easy to get started in first gear, but the shift from 1st to 2nd does take a little getting used to. My wife says that my shifts didn't seem any more rough than previous, but I can see how some may have a bit of "jerkiness" with that first shift.

I am VERY impressed with the hill start. Even without this feature, I had perfected starting on hill with minimal to no rolling back. But now, I can really take my time and the car will still behave

I have always noticed that many BMW drivers seemed to be driving around much more aggressively than the other cars on the road. Now I can see that they aren't necessarily just driving "like maniacs", but just driving normally. This car makes high speeds way too easy.

On the technical side, I am more and more impressed with the Idrive and Bluetooth on this car. It just so happened that I am on-call the weekend of delivery and have used the voice commands to return pages while driving. Makes me wonder how I ever got by without this feature in my previous car.

My only criticism is the stereo system. Overall, it is very good. I used to have a VW Jetta with Monsoon. Logic7 is a definite improvement over that car in both clarity and power. You can go to very high volumes without distortion. But I think that the system in my Volvo S60 may have a slight advantage in clarity over the Logic7. Granted, the Volvo will begin to distort at lower volumes than the BMW.

Overall, this car may be a little more than other cars in its class, but the difference is very much worth it.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2005, 05:50 AM   #6
thrill30
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD
I have always noticed that many BMW drivers seemed to be driving around much more aggressively than the other cars on the road. Now I can see that they aren't necessarily just driving "like maniacs", but just driving normally. This car makes high speeds way too easy.
Exactly :rocks: ... these cars are meant to be driven harder and enjoyed .

Nobody ever taught me to drive harder, the car just tells you in its own way that "hey, plant that right foot...."
E90 330i 6MT|Space Grey|Red Brown|Alumin|Sunroof|Voice Control|Logic 7|Xenon|Prof-Navigation|Storage Pack|Luggage Pack|Extended Lights|Anti-dazzle Folding Mirrors|Climate Comf. w/screen|M-Sport Pack|Exclusive Pack|Innovations Pack|Alumin Pedals|CF Splitters|Delivered:19 March 2010
Appreciate 0