BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Mini Clubman US Configurator Is Up

I know that some of you, like me, have at least a passing interest in the new Mini Clubman.

Well, the Configurator is up. If BMW can do it for the Clubman, they damn sure can do it for the 1er! :mad:
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

The Chocolate Leather/Cloth interior is incredible in a so-retro-it-hurts kind of way. Why can't BMW be half this creative on options for the 1er interior?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I sat in a Mini S Clubman last night (both front and back seats), and it was pretty darned nice. I even called my wife from the car show to say that we need to check one of these out for her.

The one thing I don't like is that the speedometer seemed even more cartoony huge than in a regular Mini. I also liked that they got rid of the cheapy looking/feeling plastic "struts" from the center console to the center dash. Just about every Mini that I've driven in has had those all scratched and with rub marks on them.

The split tailgates were cool, and I like how they made "full width doors", by having cutouts for the tail lights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0