BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-13-2020, 09:53 PM   #23
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
That should be the least of concern. If you get an OEM one you will have nothing to worry about. Here in AZ I get about 1 every year due to rocks its just the way it is here. Never once have I had one done incorrectly and if it was they would re-do the work.
It was OEM glass
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 09:55 PM   #24
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellch00 View Post

I hate messing with windshield. it's an integral piece of the structural safety of the car and i never feel it can be replaced as well as when it's done at the factory.
I agree with Tenac, I have had several windshields on my X3 and other cars, never had an issue with the replacement windshields. I'm on my 3rd one now with my current X3. I always get OEM glass and my insurance pays 100%. Just give it a solid inspection when picking it up to be sure the replacement company has got everything back in place, A pillars, mirror, sensors, rubber seals, etc and there's no glue or damage to anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 09:59 PM   #25
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorttt View Post
OP,

Would you mind showing us the pics before and after the repair? Just curious. Sorry that you have to go through all these.
Don't have any before pics. They didn't repair the hood, it was replaced. The PPF definitely helped as there were only minor scuff marks on right front fender. And obviously the glass.

It wasn't like the car was totally trashed. in fact, if you just happened to walk past it you probably wouldn't have noticed anything, other than glass obviously. it just sucks that it was a brand new car.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 05:18 AM   #26
BrandonMllr
Rep
Drives: BMW 1series F52

really unpleasant situation. I hope that everything will work out and something good will happen for you)
Appreciate 0