BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-07-2019, 05:51 PM   #23
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
2020 Benz GLE offering 11 colors including silver & 2 light grays & allows ACC option to be added to these colors. Audi Q7 also offers silver with ACC. BMW - "Houston we have a problem"
I think BMW also offers ACC with all colors, it is the Driver Assistance package that is not available on all.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 01:33 AM   #24
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT_X5 View Post
10 months from now. I won't hold my breath. Order can't be input for production queue, so while I've got your attention, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona you seem like a great client for.
Haha nice sense of humor it’s not super urgent for me and if you want something special, that long wait is part of the deal. The wait time for my frozen grey 4gc was also double compared to the normal wait time but in the end worth it.

I need to receive it before 2021 really. But you don’t wanna receive a car late in the year right (nov-dec 2019). Then the build year is older which doesn’t help to sell the car some years later.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 07:15 AM   #25
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I think BMW also offers ACC with all colors, it is the Driver Assistance package that is not available on all.
My issue is that the number of colors offered is lousy. Silver is a basic, popular color & is not offered. 4 of the 7 colors offered on the X5 are black or white. Only gray is dark enough to be almost black.
I see some saying it has to do with ACC or DAP - but my point is other brands offer more metallic colors with ACC / driver assist.
Hope this improves for 2020, as this would be a deal breaker for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #26
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

They are adding colors in April. Question is - was anyone successful ordering one? (how about full leather?)

"new BMW X5 will also be further expanded in spring 2019. The Sports Activity Vehicle will now be available with the exterior paint finishes Sophisto Grey Brilliant Effect metallic and Terra Brown metallic and BMW Individual paint finishes Ruby Black metallic, Pyrite Brown metallic, Ametrine metallic and Tanzanite Blue metallic."
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 08:18 AM   #27
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
My issue is that the number of colors offered is lousy. Silver is a basic, popular color & is not offered. 4 of the 7 colors offered on the X5 are black or white. Only gray is dark enough to be almost black.
I see some saying it has to do with ACC or DAP - but my point is other brands offer more metallic colors with ACC / driver assist.
Hope this improves for 2020, as this would be a deal breaker for me.
I agree they need more colors, no doubt about that.

What is interesting is that DAPs are offered on Sunstone Metallic in some countries and not in others (at least as far as I have been told and can translate on configurators) so maybe it is a marketing decision to not offer DAP on Sunstone and not a technical one. I Just don't see how that would make sense for them but who knows. Maybe it is a regulation issue with some type of camera/system limitations in the US and some other stricter countries. At one point I thought someone mentioned they read an article on why Sunstone can't use the DAP, I looked around but couldn't find anything but would love to get a link to that is anyone has it.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 08:29 AM   #28
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
They are adding colors in April. Question is - was anyone successful ordering one? (how about full leather?)

"new BMW X5 will also be further expanded in spring 2019. The Sports Activity Vehicle will now be available with the exterior paint finishes Sophisto Grey Brilliant Effect metallic and Terra Brown metallic and BMW Individual paint finishes Ruby Black metallic, Pyrite Brown metallic, Ametrine metallic and Tanzanite Blue metallic."
Yup, ordered Tanzanite Blue and Full leather so it's possible. The options were available on the BMW application at dealership - they were not visible online for me though
Appreciate 1
Ilyam5888.50
      04-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #29
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I agree they need more colors, no doubt about that.

What is interesting is that DAPs are offered on Sunstone Metallic in some countries and not in others (at least as far as I have been told and can translate on configurators) so maybe it is a marketing decision to not offer DAP on Sunstone and not a technical one. I Just don't see how that would make sense for them but who knows. Maybe it is a regulation issue with some type of camera/system limitations in the US and some other stricter countries. At one point I thought someone mentioned they read an article on why Sunstone can't use the DAP, I looked around but couldn't find anything but would love to get a link to that is anyone has it.
For sure, would love to know what the BMW technical reasons are for color restrictions with ACC or DAP. I have played with the Benz & Audi configurors, & do not see any restrictions.

And the 2 new X5 colors coming this month are a brown (no thanks)
and ANOTHER dark gray. I don't know who's making these decisions but needs some help.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #30
djurgens
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

I ordered a Tanzanite Blue X5 in mid-March and picked it up Friday. Waaaaay darker than I expected. I love it, but it's not what I expected.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...M5-6kdJN36r8Av

Last edited by djurgens; 04-21-2019 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2019, 02:39 PM   #31
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djurgens View Post
I ordered a Tanzanite Blue X5 in mid-March and picked it up Friday. Waaaaay darker than I expected. I love it, but it's not what I expected.
Any photos?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 02:43 PM   #32
djurgens
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speuk View Post
Quote:
Any photos?
Quote:
Quote:
Any photos?
This site won't let me upload, it keeps failing, maybe because I'm a new user. Can you get to my Google drive?
Appreciate 1
Cooltones241.00
      04-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #33
SwedeJohanson
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50i

Quote:

Wow, looks sharp! My carbon black is supposed to arrive this week.

Good luck with your new ride!
2012 BMW X5 35d Silver/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #34
djurgens
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeJohanson View Post
Quote:

Wow, looks sharp! My carbon black is supposed to arrive this week.

Good luck with your new ride!
Thanks! It's my first BMW and I love it so far!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 02:49 PM   #35
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
This site won't let me upload, it keeps failing, maybe because I'm a new user. Can you get to my Google drive?
Yep. Looks great and darker than I was expecting too but I like it!!

Enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 03:05 PM   #36
djurgens
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yep. Looks great and darker than I was expecting too but I like it!!

Enjoy!!
I just added the production screenshot from when it completed. Even that shows a much brighter blue. We ordered it sight unseen, going by pics of other BMWs in that color, and were shocked by the color that arrived. Granted, we took delivery in the rain and it's been a rainy weekend, so maybe the color will pop in the sun. Don't get me wrong, we love the color and the vehicle, but it's a far cry from what we expected, especially for $2k extra.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 03:48 PM   #37
squeaky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

It definitely pops in the sun. Here's an M3, for example.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      04-21-2019, 04:01 PM   #38
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

Looks a lot like Mediterranean Sea Blue.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 05:21 PM   #39
denniss
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
It definitely pops in the sun. Here's an M3, for example.
Wow beautiful color.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #40
Abegweit
Private
Rep
Drives: 17' 340 6mt/19' X5 40i

Quote:

That's really beautiful, I'm pretty envious. We have a Tanzanite Blue 340, and though I didn't really want two cars in the very same colour, I waited a couple of months for it to become available in Canada as it was the best option in my opinion. Finally gave up waiting and ordered Carbon Black. It's a spectacular colour, especially when clean.

Enjoy, you'll be able to boast a pretty unique car, won't see nearly as many as you will in the standard colours.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #41
djurgens
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abegweit View Post
Quote:

That's really beautiful, I'm pretty envious. We have a Tanzanite Blue 340, and though I didn't really want two cars in the very same colour, I waited a couple of months for it to become available in Canada as it was the best option in my opinion. Finally gave up waiting and ordered Carbon Black. It's a spectacular colour, especially when clean.

Enjoy, you'll be able to boast a pretty unique car, won't see nearly as many as you will in the standard colours.
Thanks! Today was a sunny day and when you caught it straight on in the sun, it was super sparkly! But the other side of the vehicle, in the shade, was so dark it looked almost purpley-black. Over the weekend, my Mom saw it on a cloudy day and said it looked like dark gray. The color definitely changes depending on the light. Very cool color, and definitely unique. The dealer said it got a lot of attention when it came in because they only seem to ever sell white, silver, or black!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #42
bandwagn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
2006 330Cic  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abegweit View Post
Quote:

Isn't Tanzanite darker than Mediterranean -and Deep Sea Blue, but not quite as dark as Imperial Blue and Carbon Black (and Monaco Blue) - and I believe it's a multi-coat process that has a deeper shine than the standard colors
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #43
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
The dealer said it got a lot of attention when it came in because they only seem to ever sell white, silver, or black!
Since those are pretty much the only “colors” available, that’s not hard to believe.
Appreciate 2
rlou81.50
      04-23-2019, 10:50 PM   #44
marcosg
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 G05 X5 M60i

Quote:

Great colour.
I am waiting on a M50D in Tanzanite Blue as well, ordered without seeing it.
Would you be able to post some photos in the sun?
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 1