BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #23
ikke123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
Could you program it to be started from the shortcut buttons? That was my plan.
Good news: found that if you long press the Camera icon on left side of center console, then it will start the Drive Recorder
or so it should... Driver Recorder is unavailable due to technical error :-(

I know whom I am going to call tomorrow.

Second feature not working:
- Drive Recorder
- 3D remote view

Buggy software??
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50
      11-19-2019, 11:45 AM   #24
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke123 View Post
Good news: found that if you long press the Camera icon on left side of center console, then it will start the Drive Recorder
or so it should... Driver Recorder is unavailable due to technical error :-(

I know whom I am going to call tomorrow.

Second feature not working:
- Drive Recorder
- 3D remote view

Buggy software??
sounds about right...

I am really curious about this 7.1 now...wonder if it is the "version" that opens OTA in conjunction with the expanded features/store. Or if it may be specific to the 45e given it probably has more going on. Hopefully you're enjoying the vehicle!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #25
ikke123
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
sounds about right...

I am really curious about this 7.1 now...wonder if it is the "version" that opens OTA in conjunction with the expanded features/store. Or if it may be specific to the 45e given it probably has more going on. Hopefully you're enjoying the vehicle!
Awesome car. Self driving and air suspension are for me the greatest features.

But seems like still is not 100% ready. ConnectedDrive and some features are buggy at best.

7.1 is indeed OTA but will only be useful if they do release new features.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #26
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Good to hear! I love the air suspension. I was always a speed freak, and having come from an M car...I never thought I'd use Eco Mode. Now, it's a game to see how many miles I can add...plus it's a more relaxing ride when you're not trying to rip down the highway.
Appreciate 1
1230vani637.00
      11-19-2019, 12:00 PM   #27
ikke123
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Good to hear! I love the air suspension. I was always a speed freak, and having come from an M car...I never thought I'd use Eco Mode. Now, it's a game to see how many miles I can add...plus it's a more relaxing ride when you're not trying to rip down the highway.
I hear you.

Self-driving on the highway is so relaxing. Even the self lane changing works like a charm. It is not on par with Tesla but man it is great.

I even use self-driving on suburban streets.

People having a hard time believing an X5 would just follow a truck driving in front without wanting to overtake it :-)
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2019, 01:19 PM   #28
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

ikke123 Oh I love using it on the suburban streets! I was out around 5 on Sunday morning and had a chance to "test" the driver's attention camera and the driver's assist/self-driving features. It's pretty neat when it starts beeping and blinking red when I did a simulated sleep haha. That probably would've been the time I hit a deer or something. But at least I know how it works and that it works!

I just wish it could adjust the speed of the vehicle based on the speed limits picked up and in the navigation. But I guess it does not in the US.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:03 PM   #29
sjak92
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 30d MY24 + G20 M340i MY24

Think you guys have lost the plot! I have iD 7.0 and have drive recorder (August 19 build) in a 3.0d.

Nowhere online have I found anything about iD7.1 and I actually think that the guy just made a is take in the video (despite not speaking German)

No chance that BMW would spend millions developing a system to replace it 11 months later.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:08 PM   #30
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

To record on command just press and hold down the record button on the center console. It's the second button from the top, just below the button that turns off/on DSC. It records from 20 seconds before you press the button until 20 seconds after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke123 View Post
Drive recording limited to 20 seconds only. Switching to manual mode is a pain. For example if you want to catch an incident that involves you but was not automatically triggered then you need to go to X screens and confirmations before it starts recording. It should have a record now button, potentially triggered also remotely from the mobile app.

Valet mode is another flawed (incomplete design). Have been able to try it a couple of times. The key card concept is great. But the key missing feature is that I want to be able to track where my car has been while it was in valet mode. Not rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:11 PM   #31
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjak92 View Post
Think you guys have lost the plot! I have iD 7.0 and have drive recorder (August 19 build) in a 3.0d.

Nowhere online have I found anything about iD7.1 and I actually think that the guy just made a is take in the video (despite not speaking German)

No chance that BMW would spend millions developing a system to replace it 11 months later.
Can we pretend it's a conspiracy?! I don't want to call anyone a liar, but I got to see a picture of it! I couldn't find anything either, but you never know! The only difference seems to be he can purchase drive recorder post-delivery, which I don't think anyone else has brought that up.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 02:18 PM   #32
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
I just wish it could adjust the speed of the vehicle based on the speed limits picked up and in the navigation. But I guess it does not in the US.
You can by enabling the manual option in the Speed Limit Assist. Using coding, you can have it automatically change speed based on sign detection and have a + factor applied.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #33
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2017 Audi Q7

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
You can by enabling the manual option in the Speed Limit Assist. Using coding, you can have it automatically change speed based on sign detection and have a + factor applied.
This is not available on my 2019 X5. Is this from a 2020 owners manual?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #34
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull2 View Post
This is not available on my 2019 X5. Is this from a 2020 owners manual?
No, it is from a 2019. You need to have either the 5DF (Active Cruise Control) or 5AU (Active Driving Assistant Pro) in order to have the Speed Limit Assistant.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #35
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2017 Audi Q7

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
No, it is from a 2019. You need to have either the 5DF (Active Cruise Control) or 5AU (Active Driving Assistant Pro) in order to have the Speed Limit Assistant.
Strange. I have driving assist pro. Nothing about it in my manual, but in the car, I have speed limit assistance>>speed limits>>then I can select - adjust manually or show current limit, or off.

I don't have any options for adjusting to route.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 05:40 PM   #36
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
I don't have the Adjust option on mine either. I just use show but a US member here posted regarding roundabout signs being show and I think the car slowed down why itself. It could be in the new versions of iDrive they made Adjust part of the Manual option. Maybe someone who uses it in the US will chime in.

Edit: Here is his post. Looks like the Adjust is built into the Manual option from what it looks like.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...59&postcount=1
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 05:36 AM   #37
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Quote:
Strange. I have driving assist pro. Nothing about it in my manual, but in the car, I have speed limit assistance>>speed limits>>then I can select - adjust manually or show current limit, or off.

I was messing around this morning with the speed limit assistance. I think you are looking for the same thing I am, which was fixed with changing it to manually adjust. It sounds like it’s not the right thing, but it changes to the current limit showed on the HUD whenever you hit SET. Before, I was using the rocker to adjust with the option as Show Current selected. It’s definitely a great option now that I understand it. Almost a year later, and I’m still learning the nuances and features.
Appreciate 1
dbull255.50
      11-20-2019, 05:41 AM   #38
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

The automatic speedlimit assist is only functional in certain countries, so if you want it everywhere you'll need to code it. Instead of having to push SET every time the speedlimit changes, it'll automatically adjust. Also it'll adjust speed for some types of upcoming intersections, especially if using the navigation so it knows if you're intending to take a turn. Downside is when it hasn't seen a sign yet when pulling onto the freeway or when driving through school zones when not active...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 06:20 AM   #39
ikke123
Private First Class
Rep

Here in Belgium we have the automatic speed limit shown in the HUD but also with the self- driving taking it into account. And when you use GPS navigation it automatically knows when to brake (turns, roundabouts, steep curves...)

Automatic speed limit and signs recognition is a must with all speed trap cameras we have.

I can only assume that they don't want to do by default in the US to avoid any legal claims in the event it did not recognize it or similar.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 09:38 AM   #40
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
The automatic speedlimit assist is only functional in certain countries, so if you want it everywhere you'll need to code it. Instead of having to push SET every time the speedlimit changes, it'll automatically adjust. Also it'll adjust speed for some types of upcoming intersections, especially if using the navigation so it knows if you're intending to take a turn. Downside is when it hasn't seen a sign yet when pulling onto the freeway or when driving through school zones when not active...
It's a shame this is the case in the US, along with the anti-dazzle lights without coding. I don't trust myself going down that route, otherwise I would be right on it. I do like the manual adjustment though...it's a step in the right direction, but still neutered!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #41
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
It's a shame this is the case in the US, along with the anti-dazzle lights without coding. I don't trust myself going down that route, otherwise I would be right on it. I do like the manual adjustment though...it's a step in the right direction, but still neutered!
Agreed on the neutering. I was apprehensive regarding the coding too, but hindsight it's easier then it seems. I love and absolutely love the anti-dazzle and quite fond of the aSLA also.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #42
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

homerrr I know it's mentioned a million times in the forum, but I am feeling lazy...what do you use for coding? Can Bimmercode in Expert Mode do this?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 06:00 PM   #43
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
homerrr I know it's mentioned a million times in the forum, but I am feeling lazy...what do you use for coding? Can Bimmercode in Expert Mode do this?
I use esys
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #44
chrisvd183
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
What's the 210 euro for the drive recorder if you order the car? Subscription for 3 years?
No they say life-time. Also high beam assistent is an option (fabric) but can now also being bought on connect-drive.
I think sooner or later all options will be HAAS or "Hardware as a service" like microsoft :-) SAAS.
Appreciate 0