BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #23
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

I have the "fool me once, fool me twice" option, it stopped searching for a software update after 3 attempts, it since then shows a little shimoji on the software update screen...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 06:04 PM   #24
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

I just received this update today to fix some recalls, one was the KAFAS camera which was replaced. I had been on the July release which had fixed some other stuff.

This one reset a bunch of things and it appears my unreliable wireless charging pad has completely stopped working. I know there is some kind of TSB on that pad and wonder if that needs to be swapped out also?

I’ll admit I am growing weary of the software updates.
Appreciate 1
skiboy34.50
      01-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #25
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnx5er View Post
I just received this update today to fix some recalls, one was the KAFAS camera which was replaced. I had been on the July release which had fixed some other stuff.

This one reset a bunch of things and it appears my unreliable wireless charging pad has completely stopped working. I know there is some kind of TSB on that pad and wonder if that needs to be swapped out also?

I’ll admit I am growing weary of the software updates.
My wireless charging pad worked before and after my update. I would bet the pad is defective.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 09:38 PM   #26
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'll admit I am growing weary of the software updates.
Have you tried the charging pad with your phone at a low charge state?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #27
mnx5er
Captain
Rep

Still no luck with the charging pad but a bigger problem happened. The steering wheel stopped returning to my setting when start the car. I normally have it all the way out and up, it did nothing. It did work by manually moving it.

Tried a bunch of things with no luck. Finally I threw a Hail Mary and delete my profile. That wiped out everything and I had to reset it all.

So far that has worked for two starts. New problem is I have a connected drive profile that is my email address, I entered that as a username when I created the new profile on the car. Anyone know how to rename that?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #28
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
So far that has worked for two starts. New problem is I have a connected drive profile that is my email address, I entered that as a username when I created the new profile on the car. Anyone know how to rename that?
Are you wanting to change the name that is displayed when you enter the X5? If so, just go into the CD site and change your first name under personal data under your account.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #29
mnx5er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Are you wanting to change the name that is displayed when you enter the X5? If so, just go into the CD site and change your first name under personal data under your account.
Thanks. When I created the new profile I used the email address for my CD account, thought I had to login first. So now it shows the email address as my name. I just changed my first name on the CD website to see if that syncs down and fixes it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 07:47 PM   #30
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

I have this.

Will ask them to look into updating tomorrow when I go in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:38 AM   #31
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

I got this message this morning. I searched for updates, then ran into the store to grab something. I turned the car off, then hit the remote start once I got out to keep things warm. When I got back in, this showed up on the screen. Not sure if it's just from the remote start? I am on 11/2019.40 as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 07:54 PM   #32
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
I got this message this morning. I searched for updates, then ran into the store to grab something. I turned the car off, then hit the remote start once I got out to keep things warm. When I got back in, this showed up on the screen. Not sure if it's just from the remote start? I am on 11/2019.40 as well.
Can you still drive it?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:00 PM   #33
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You asked for it for Christmas, but received it for (almost) 3 wise men
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 08:31 PM   #34
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Haha it still drives! It’s been doing it all day whenever I start the car back up. I guess it’s what I get for hoping and complaining.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #35
MGDisco
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by speuk View Post
11/2019.40 is also current version in the U.K.. not noticed much new other than the ability to switch off rear running lights and Spotify and Connected Music is back and improved functionality.
Can I ask if you had this update via your dealer? Reason for asking is I received a notification today on the Connected Drive app for a remote software update to 07/2019.75 - now downloaded to my iPhone and waiting on being uploaded to vehicle?

I've posted in the thread over in the iDrive,Audio, etc area:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1621261

Since I've not had any issues that needed a trip to the dealer, I haven't made a point of going in for an update of the software. But the remote update version is still one cycle behind it seems?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 09:22 PM   #36
mnx5er
Captain
Rep

11/2019.40 is a bit of a dangerous upgrade. I have been fighting with it, came from 07/2019. I had to delete and recreate my driver profile to get the steering wheel to return to its set position. My comfort access also became flak. Now the climate control rules do not work at all and my wireless charger is dead. The wireless charger could be related to other recall work.

One of these days BMW will figure out how to do software updates. My patience is very thin, this is my 2nd 2019 and it continues to have stupid problems. Called my dealer and they said they would need the car and would have to reach out to BMW.

The thing drives great, but the stupid issues have me about to exit the brand after over 20 bought new. Not telling others not to buy BMW - I’m just tired of flaky technology and software.

Hopefully they get it right by the 2021 MY. Pretty amazing.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 10:26 PM   #37
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Saw this same message over the summer. Ignore it. It will go away.

#stupidbmwdevelopertricks
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2020, 10:57 PM   #38
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
11/2019.40 is a bit of a dangerous upgrade. I have been fighting with it, came from 07/2019. I had to delete and recreate my driver profile to get the steering wheel to return to its set position. My comfort access also became flak. Now the climate control rules do not work at all and my wireless charger is dead. The wireless charger could be related to other recall work.

One of these days BMW will figure out how to do software updates. My patience is very thin, this is my 2nd 2019 and it continues to have stupid problems. Called my dealer and they said they would need the car and would have to reach out to BMW.

The thing drives great, but the stupid issues have me about to exit the brand after over 20 bought new. Not telling others not to buy BMW - I’m just tired of flaky technology and software.

Hopefully they get it right by the 2021 MY. Pretty amazing.
Unfortunately this is the new norm in almost "ALL" technology. I retired from the IT industry about 2 years ago. I've been dealing with it for more than 30 years. I've watched the IT industry go from changes once or twice every other year to once or twice every other month. It has gone from mostly stable to constantly in a state of buggy/flaky and unreliable state of blue screens, crashes, reboots, and other "WTF" episodes! I could write a book on the progression, or should I say degradation, of the technology industry. Take 1 or steps forward only to crash and burn 5 steps backward.

The reality is that by the time they get it figured out your automobile/device will be obsolete and the manufacturer will no longer offer updates/fixes for that automobile/device. They've moved on to the next generation where the cycle begins again...

The Auto industry needs to get their shit together and pay for the best IT people they can find that are currently working in the business IT sector. I'm talking about people that actually use and support the technology as well as develop it. Right now I would consider the Auto industry as being on the "Bleeding Edge" not the "Leading Edge".

Welcome to the world of "Technology"! Oh, and good luck with all the other automobile manufacturers too. By a Toyota! There technology is in the dark ages but I bet you won't have near the technology issues that you're experiencing now. Probably because they decided to just not progress because they can't or won't deal with the technology woes...Just don't expect anywhere near the technology "Bells and Whistles" that you get with the BMW.

I feel your pain. You should feel my pain after dealing with angry and belligerent customers because their technology doesn't work. I won't even go into the issues with those that use technology but have no concept or understanding of that technology or what it can and can't do.

Programmers aren't users. They have no concept of "Intuitiveness" and "Usability". Plus, they seem to think that "Everyone" grew up with technology. When I grew up technology was going from a rotary dial telephone to a push button telephone. Cell phone? Now that was just plain "Science Fiction" when I was growing up.

Believe me, it pisses me off to no end as well. But I knew before I bought my X7 that there would be a shit pile of technology issues. But I've already been dealing with far worse on the support end. So I consider myself lucky that I don't have to deal with it on a daily basis as my job anymore.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2020, 05:23 AM   #39
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

I just hope we can make it to 03/2020 without an update...then I can see the stupid ConnectedDrive store still say 03/2019 for software updates. They’re so innovative. One year later, and the thing they still promote, promise, and sell is a sham. This was a major selling point for me since I love the latest and great...but also hate going to the dealership. 11/2019.40 has ruined the CarPlay scroll menu in the HUD/control display. Full playlist and apparently there’s no media, or I get the good old please wait message. I’m tired of waiting BMW!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:25 PM   #40
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

I found a new glitch to the latest firmware. I noticed that in the GPS settings, my “Home” position gets erased randomly. I enter and save my home position with my address and it’s there for awhile but later it’s gone and I need to re-enter it?? Oddly enough all my other “favorite” and “Recent destinations” are fine and not affected.
Anyone else notice this?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:28 PM   #41
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I found a new glitch to the latest firmware. I noticed that in the GPS settings, my "Home" position gets erased randomly. I enter and save my home position with my address and it's there for awhile but later it's gone and I need to re-enter it?? Oddly enough all my other "favorite" and "Recent destinations" are fine and not affected.
Anyone else notice this?
It was doing that in 3/2019.45 for me as well. I gave up on it months ago, there are only so many times you can beat your head against a wall. Good to know there is no need to try again in 11/2019.xx
      01-16-2020, 08:37 PM   #42
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
It was doing that in 3/2019.45 for me as well. I gave up on it months ago, there are only so many times you can beat your head against a wall. Good to know there is no need to try again in 11/2019.xx
What’s odd is all the other favorite and recent destinations are rock solid??
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 09:05 PM   #43
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
What’s odd is all the other favorite and recent destinations are rock solid??
"You Can't Go Home Again"
      01-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #44
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

My work around is to save my “home” address as a favorite with all the others.
Appreciate 0