BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-26-2020, 12:20 AM   #1
WTB_135i_ 6Speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e90

Input & advice please, going in to production next week

hello friends, just pulled the trigger on X5 e45 2021.. would love to get your input/feedback on the options.

Does Premium package have the panoramic skyroof ?

This will be our family (wife's) car, we have a 2 month old new born.
Our other cars are Tesla Model 3, 911 Carrera S & 2016 BMW 328i.
Plan is replace 328 with the X5.

Thank you all, below are the options list

Exterior
Alpine White

20" V-spoke wheels, style 738 with all-season run-flat tires

Interior
Ivory White Vernasca Leather

Aluminum Dark Mesh Interior Trim

Options
Driving Assistance Professional Package
$1,700
Executive Package
$4,850
Parking Assistance Package
$800
Aluminum running boards
$400
Front and Rear Heated Seats
$350
Heated Front Seats, Armrests & Steering Wheel
$250
Anthracite headliner

Additional Costs
Destination & Handling
$995
Total Price (MSRP)
$76,795
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 12:25 AM   #2
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Yours is almost exactly like mine except I added the trailer hitch and opted for the 19" wheels for a bit more sidewall. The panoramic sunroof is part of that package.

Depending on where you live, some swear by the night vision. I've not tried it, and didn't opt for it as it's not inexpensive, but I suppose if it saved you from one incident, you might consider it to be cheap...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 01:41 AM   #3
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

738 wheels is what I got, I was expecting a something a little different for some reason maybe it's the tires that give the illusion or lack of color, but they don't look bad, but they don't turn heads either.

I just wish we had the option of getting them in black gloss coat. Are those not OEM, but replicas?

Regarding executive package, it's basically Laser Lights, rest is kinda trivial since most of it is included in the Premium package. How often are you going to need the LED lights in sunroof, and glass controls lose the touch-pad capability, and shades are individual add-on. I went with air suspension, step bars, heated armrest and shades instead of executive package and still saved $$. Heated/Cooled cup holders are not available, would have added those if it was an option, neither soft close doors.

>Does Premium package have the panoramic skyroof ?
Yes.
      10-26-2020, 07:59 AM   #4
Spencer518
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e

The panoramic sunroof is standard on all X5 in the US. The sky lounge lighting is added with the Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 01:06 PM   #5
WTB_135i_ 6Speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
738 wheels is what I got, I was expecting a something a little different for some reason maybe it's the tires that give the illusion or lack of color, but they don't look bad, but they don't turn heads either.

I just wish we had the option of getting them in black gloss coat. Are those not OEM, but replicas?

Regarding executive package, it's basically Laser Lights, rest is kinda trivial since most of it is included in the Premium package. How often are you going to need the LED lights in sunroof, and glass controls lose the touch-pad capability, and shades are individual add-on. I went with air suspension, step bars, heated armrest and shades instead of executive package and still saved $$. Heated/Cooled cup holders are not available, would have added those if it was an option, neither soft close doors.

>Does Premium package have the panoramic skyroof ?
Yes.

THANK YOU ALL ! Appreciate your help & input..

UPDATED my congif based on your feedback..

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...ldtp4w/summary

$65,400
Design
M Sport
$5,500
Exterior
Phytonic Blue Metallic
$550
20" M Star-spoke bi-color wheels, style 740M with all-season run-flat tires

Interior
Ivory White Vernasca Leather

Aluminum Tetragon trim

Options
$1,700
$800
Premium Package
$1,750
M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers
$650
Extended Shadowline Trim
$300
$350
$250
Rear manual side window shades
$250
Multi-contour seats
$750
Additional Costs
Destination & Handling
$995
Total Price (MSRP)
$79,245
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 01:30 PM   #6
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

No air suspension ($150 for mSport, $1000 for xLine) ?
      10-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #7
wifesbimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5 M50i, E92 M3, '16 F150

That is a pretty comfortable build for a wife. Although, the M-sport package would really aesthetically improve its look. Then, you would loose the running board which is awfully convenient for families with kids. Good call on the options.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 01:32 PM   #8
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
No air suspension ($150) ?
Standard on the 45e
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #9
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Isn't the panoramic roof standard on ALL models of the X5 now? I think the Convenience package is essentially standard now so whether the pano roof is considered part of the Convenience package or just standalone, it's always included in every model now.

Other than color, that's very similar to my build. We just had to go to Extended Merino leather cuz Vernasca feels like garbage to us. Getting rid of the X3 primarily cuz the seats are just too uncomfortable for us. Sensa-Tec feels nicer than Vernasca in my opinion (just had to get Vernasca in order to get ambient lighting in the X3 at the time).
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #10
WTB_135i_ 6Speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
Isn't the panoramic roof standard on ALL models of the X5 now? I think the Convenience package is essentially standard now so whether the pano roof is considered part of the Convenience package or just standalone, it's always included in every model now.

Other than color, that's very similar to my build. We just had to go to Extended Merino leather cuz Vernasca feels like garbage to us. Getting rid of the X3 primarily cuz the seats are just too uncomfortable for us. Sensa-Tec feels nicer than Vernasca in my opinion (just had to get Vernasca in order to get ambient lighting in the X3 at the time).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate your input.. I updated the build.

Loved the ALL your recommendations & suggestions. Build is so different from the original. You all have been lifesavers.: bow:

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...l4z45d/summary

Base MSRP
2021 X5 xDrive45e
$65,400
Design
xLine

Exterior
Phytonic Blue Metallic
$550
20" V-spoke wheels, style 738 with all-season run-flat tires
$600
Interior
Ivory White Extended Merino leather
Availability Information
$2,450
Aluminum Dark Mesh Interior Trim

Options
$1,700
$800
Premium Package
$2,550
Aluminum running boards
$400
$350
$250
Rear manual side window shades
$250
Trailer Hitch
$550
Multi-contour seats
$750
Anthracite headliner

Additional Costs
Destination & Handling
$995
Total Price (MSRP)
$77,595
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 02:28 PM   #11
WTB_135i_ 6Speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesbimmer View Post
That is a pretty comfortable build for a wife. Although, the M-sport package would really aesthetically improve its look. Then, you would loose the running board which is awfully convenient for families with kids. Good call on the options.
Great call, Appreciate the recommendation.

Removed M Sport & Upgraded the leather.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 02:47 PM   #12
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

We have a 2.5-year-old and a 7-month-old and I would get black or brown interior if I were you. I mean you can get car seat covers for the back seat but kids still find ways to dirty your seats somehow...
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:04 PM   #13
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Nice build. Good that you changed to phytonic blue. I think it looks better with the plastic parts of the xline.

Just curious why did you take the heated back seats with a child seat?

I had Ivory white when my kids were 5 and 6. I had trouble keeping the back of the seats free of footprints. But at the end doable. Black seats like I have now are safer.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 04:14 PM   #14
WTB_135i_ 6Speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thumbs up

Heated back seats are for me : ) sitting next to baby with feeding bottle

If it is doable, I will work hard to keep them clean.
Really like the blue & white combo.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIMELY INPUT.

I was able to make changes. I am told ..no more changes after today.

Thank you all much !

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Nice build. Good that you changed to phytonic blue. I think it looks better with the plastic parts of the xline.

Just curious why did you take the heated back seats with a child seat?

I had Ivory white when my kids were 5 and 6. I had trouble keeping the back of the seats free of footprints. But at the end doable. Black seats like I have now are safer.

Last edited by WTB_135i_ 6Speed; 10-26-2020 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 06:48 PM   #15
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep

In my personal opinion, the build looks pretty damn perfect now. I love the Phytonic with Ivory combo. To me, it screams BMW and luxury mixed with sportiness. When I think BMW, I think blue.

The only possible thing, and you have to think about this, is to add the blue M brakes. I've heard they cause a lot of dust and probably cost a bit more to service. Perhaps painting the calipers is an option?

I ordered them, but I'm just gonna ceramic coat the wheels I think and hope for the best. But Phytonic with the blue calipers is gonna look good. Or you can go crazy like my wife and add the Exec package in order to get the blue accents in the laser lights as well (she also really wanted the crystal shift knob and LED pano roof). Our build also changed dramatically. LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:23 PM   #16
WTB_135i_ 6Speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In my personal opinion, the build looks pretty damn perfect now. I love the Phytonic with Ivory combo. To me, it screams BMW and luxury mixed with sportiness. When I think BMW, I think blue.

The only possible thing, and you have to think about this, is to add the blue M brakes. I've heard they cause a lot of dust and probably cost a bit more to service. Perhaps painting the calipers is an option?

I ordered them, but I'm just gonna ceramic coat the wheels I think and hope for the best. But Phytonic with the blue calipers is gonna look good. Or you can go crazy like my wife and add the Exec package in order to get the blue accents in the laser lights as well (she also really wanted the crystal shift knob and LED pano roof). Our build also changed dramatically. LOL
Quote:

Love your analogy: sportiness & luxury.
That is what I was trying to go for.
Could not get M blue calipers without adding $5500 M package option.

You guys have been amazing... I would recommend all newbies like me to thru this drill.

Thank you for the support!!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 01:36 PM   #17
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep

Perhaps paint the calipers then? It'll add pop no matter what color rims you have.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 01:37 PM   #18
WTB_135i_ 6Speed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Perhaps paint the calipers then? It'll add pop no matter what color rims you have.
Quote:
Appreciate 0