BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-06-2023, 08:30 AM   #1
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Spotify 'Liked Songs' no longer working in car

Up until yesterday, in the in-car native spotify player (no Android Auto or Car Play), there were always the following options in the Library:

Podcasts
Playlists
Albums
Artists
Songs

'Songs' contained my 'Liked songs'.

The above should be familiar to anyone that uses the native Spotify app.

As of yesterday, 'Songs' is now greyed out and cannot be accessed.

I have logged out of Spotify and logged back in, done an iDrive reboot, and on my computer I have removed every song from 'Liked' (which the car recognises because the car went from saying there were 99 liked songs to 0 like songs) and then added songs back to 'Liked' so essentially started the list from scratch. Still in the car its greyed out.

Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited by mobilejo; 04-06-2023 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 12:27 PM   #2
maka007
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 xdrive45e

Don't know how to fix this but have similar issue with build-in Spotify, which I really like.

The Recently Played has never worked for me, but 3-4 weeks ago, my Library option started saying "No Entries", which makes you search for your music every time.

I contacted BMW, and spoke with Genius who forwarded me to Connected Drive support, since my '22 still covered by initial new car Connected Drive subscription. They created a case for me after asking to log out/in of Spotify in the car, rebooting iDrive, updating Apps/Services, even delete MyBMW App (go figure why). None of the above made any changes.

What was interesting though, is even after logging out and back in to Spotify, the search history within the vehicle was saved and that's how I mainly started using Spotify to find music.

Fast forward, couple weeks into it, the Library started displaying all entries with no changes on my side, but Recently played still being empty. I contacted Connected Drive and was told it's not a Connected Drive issue and I should contact infotainment feedback BMWNA via email. I called BMWNA customer service, and while they were more empathetic, they only recommendation was to bring the car to the dealership to debug further. It's not that critical, but would be nice to have. Next time I'll bring a car for service (which is few months away), I'll mention it and see what happens.

Would be interested to know if anything changes on your side.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 01:40 AM   #3
Fsoj89
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw

This is quite unusual, does this happen to only Spotify or if can happen to other music play stores too. ?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 05:27 AM   #4
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

My issue just resolved itself after about 4 days. Back to normal now.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 02:28 PM   #5
maka007
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
My issue just resolved itself after about 4 days. Back to normal now.
That's great - sounds like mine with the Library issue.

The Recently played had never worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 02:30 PM   #6
maka007
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsoj89 View Post
This is quite unusual, does this happen to only Spotify or if can happen to other music play stores too. ?
There is only one build-in music option by a third-party integrated in the iDrive, Spotify, as far as I know.

Using CarPlay works just fine, but that uses your phone for running the app and data, not from the car.
Appreciate 0