BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-07-2021, 09:24 PM   #177
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.ashraf56 View Post
Yeah i get it now i will suggest you to shop around and find a dealer who has a better allocation else you will have to wait until your build week is getting current. You can ask bmw genius for build week if dealer has provided production number.
That's what I was going to do tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 04:40 PM   #178
IDAHOME
Rep
Drives: 2001530i

Where did you see the price changes for the 3 packages? I am ordering the Executive package soon I think but am very confused what BMW is and is and is not offering for HK Radio and glass controls.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 07:30 PM   #179
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHOME View Post
Where did you see the price changes for the 3 packages? I am ordering the Executive package soon I think but am very confused what BMW is and is and is not offering for HK Radio and glass controls.
The Configurator reflects the new package pricing for both the xLine and MSport packages.
Attached Images

03-08-2021, 10:08 PM   #180
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 x40i M Sport

So I just ordered my car last week. A day before I place my order I, not my SA, discover HK is dropped. Complete confusion at my dealer on the HK issue and Premium pricing. I end up with no HK and no Premium package because the pricing without the HK makes no sense (was $2800, then $1925 to compensate for no HK according to my SM). Now 7 days later pricing is completely changed again and I can get HK, premium, or Executive for far less. How is this in any way acceptable? I’ll be on the phone with my dealer tomorrow but my car has entered the production queue. What are my options at this point? Is it unreasonable to expect knowledgeable SAs, some clarity and consistency in pricing when buying any car let alone on a $74k build? Pretty disappointed with the entire sales process, the miscommunications, the just plain ignorance of what they are selling (on major design features and options), and now this, what a hassle, makes me just want out at this point.

Last edited by VertigoAtHome; 03-08-2021 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 12:16 AM   #181
Grumpy311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VertigoAtHome View Post
So I just ordered my car last week. A day before I place my order I, not my SA, discover HK is dropped. Complete confusion at my dealer on the HK issue and Premium pricing. I end up with no HK and no Premium package because the pricing without the HK makes no sense (was $2800, then $1925 to compensate for no HK according to my SM). Now 7 days later pricing is completely changed again and I can get HK, premium, or Executive for far less. How is this in any way acceptable? I'll be on the phone with my dealer tomorrow but my car has entered the production queue. What are my options at this point? Is it unreasonable to expect knowledgeable SAs, some clarity and consistency in pricing when buying any car let alone on a $74k build? Pretty disappointed with the entire sales process, the miscommunications, the just plain ignorance of what they are selling (on major design features and options), and now this, what a hassle, makes me just want out at this point.
Well, called the BMW genius hotline this morning. The girl I talked to eventually didn't even know what Harman Kardon meant. So there is that.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 07:14 AM   #182
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
So I just ordered my car last week. A day before I place my order I, not my SA, discover HK is dropped. Complete confusion at my dealer on the HK issue and Premium pricing. I end up with no HK and no Premium package because the pricing without the HK makes no sense (was $2800, then $1925 to compensate for no HK according to my SM). Now 7 days later pricing is completely changed again and I can get HK, premium, or Executive for far less. How is this in any way acceptable? I’ll be on the phone with my dealer tomorrow but my car has entered the production queue. What are my options at this point? Is it unreasonable to expect knowledgeable SAs, some clarity and consistency in pricing when buying any car let alone on a $74k build? Pretty disappointed with the entire sales process, the miscommunications, the just plain ignorance of what they are selling (on major design features and options), and now this, what a hassle, makes me just want out at this point.
Unless for some crazy reason you have already paid for the car, you do have options but don't wait till your car is delivered, do it now. You've ordered a 2021, you should be paying 2021 pricing for the car and each option you selected that is still currently available. If BMW is showing pricing on their build web site that is lower than whatever you are being charged, you need to show that to your dealer. Now, if in fact you got a nice fat discount, it becomes muddy. However, you can simply take your discount percent and apply it to the lower MSRP pricing from the build site and tell you're dealer that is all you are willing to pay. Otherwise, like you said, just get out and start over elsewhere if your dealer refuses.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 10:50 AM   #183
MAWGinMD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 x45e

So checking my order compared to what's offered today (3/9), here's what I noticed:

- Harman Kardon is now a separate option for $750
- Executive Package is $750 less and no longer includes the HK
- Parking Assist package is not available

Otherwise, everything is the same as when my order was placed in early February. (I am picking it up for the BMW Experience in 10 days)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #184
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAWGinMD View Post
So checking my order compared to what's offered today (3/9), here's what I noticed:

- Harman Kardon is now a separate option for $750
- Executive Package is $750 less and no longer includes the HK
- Parking Assist package is not available

Otherwise, everything is the same as when my order was placed in early February. (I am picking it up for the BMW Experience in 10 days)
Sure it is.. .. this is from the 40i build

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 11:19 AM   #185
Ebomb808
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Parking Assistance is no longer an option in the configurator for the 45e, still there for the 40i. Maybe this was the trade for removing Air Suspension from the 40i.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 11:22 AM   #186
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebomb808 View Post
Parking Assistance is no longer an option in the configurator for the 45e, still there for the 40i. Maybe this was the trade for removing Air Suspension from the 40i.
That has got to be a mistake, give it time and lets hope it reappears as I don't see it included in any of the pkgs :-(
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 11:49 AM   #187
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Unless for some crazy reason you have already paid for the car, you do have options but don't wait till your car is delivered, do it now...
Spoke with my SM a couple times this morning. First call to inform him of the HK availability and other pricing changes which he promptly denied were true and questioned my sources. After telling him about this thread and the fact that it's available on the configurator, I asked him to please research it further and when he called back the second time he told me after looking through their bulletins and speaking with the order guy he doubled down and told me it's still not true and using the configurator doesn't mean it's available. While we were discussing the possibility of canceling the order, his order guy texted him to say I was correct after all, you can now get the HK unit. He's not sure if he can change my build since it's "Entered the production queue", which it has been for a couple days now, so he's sorting through options. We'll see what they come up with...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #188
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Spoke with my SM a couple times this morning. First call to inform him of the HK availability and other pricing changes which he promptly denied were true and questioned my sources. After telling him about this thread and the fact that it's available on the configurator, I asked him to please research it further and when he called back the second time he told me after looking through their bulletins and speaking with the order guy he doubled down and told me it's still not true and using the configurator doesn't mean it's available. While we were discussing the possibility of canceling the order, his order guy texted him to say I was correct after all, you can now get the HK unit. He's not sure if he can change my build since it's "Entered the production queue", which it has been for a couple days now, so he's sorting through options. We'll see what they come up with...
Well, hard to tell by reading text what the SM's tone of voice was but just remember who the customer is in all of this. If they can't get you what you want, simply tell them that getting what you want and living with it has to be more important than where you get it. After all, all X5's come from the same place, your dealer is only "how" you get it. If you cannot achieve a win-win situation, then make sure you win.
Appreciate 2
      03-09-2021, 02:58 PM   #189
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So they can't modify my build but they will allow me to order a new car for the deal but they may not be able to honor by trade-in (even though its been onloy 7 days since I submitted my order. The SM told me that I can add HK for $895 as a stand alone option. All good until I asked them to put it in writing... they went away an now are telling me that I need to order the Executive package to get HK. You can't make this up, but can anyone confirm the HK can be ordered as stand-alone option on a X5 M Sport? Meanwhile I've asked to talk with the "Order Guy" to see if I can get to the bottom of things.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 03:04 PM   #190
Stoshu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
So they can't modify my build but they will allow me to order a new car for the deal but they may not be able to honor by trade-in (even though its been onloy 7 days since I submitted my order. The SM told me that I can add HK for $895 as a stand alone option. All good until I asked them to put it in writing... they went away an now are telling me that I need to order the Executive package to get HK. You can't make this up, but can anyone confirm the HK can be ordered as stand-alone option on a X5 M Sport? Meanwhile I've asked to talk with the "Order Guy" to see if I can get to the bottom of things.
Isn’t the HK system the base system on X5M and X5 M50i?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #191
jaynesj13
Rep
Drives: BMW X5; Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
I was able to tack it on as an option after getting the premium package. Good luck, sounds like this dealer either has no clue what's up or is taking you for a ride.
Appreciate 1
volodp193.50
      03-09-2021, 04:18 PM   #192
Cbew
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e PHEV

I was able to add it as an additional option on my x5 45e. I had the Premium package originally, then the HK went away, but today the dealership manage to add it and shows in Mw garage build.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #193
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You sure you are talking about the X5M? If so, the HK audio system comes as standard and the only OPTIONAL audio is the B&W for $3,400. I have to agree with jaynesj13 in that either the people you are working with at the dealer are morons or they are trying to take you for a ride. Personally speaking, I would just cancel and go elsewhere.
If you are not talking about the X5M, then which model are you talking about?

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 06:48 PM   #194
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
You sure you are talking about the X5M? If so, the HK audio system comes as standard and the only OPTIONAL audio is the B&W for $3,400. I have to agree with jaynesj13 in that either the people you are working with at the dealer are morons or they are trying to take you for a ride. Personally speaking, I would just cancel and go elsewhere.
If you are not talking about the X5M, then which model are you talking about?

He is referring to the X5 with the MSport package.
      03-09-2021, 07:02 PM   #195
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
He is referring to the X5 with the MSport package.
Okie Dokey, thanks for the clarification - then per my earlier post, the HK is an option that lists for $875 unless you pick either the Premium or Executive Pkg in which case it is still a separate option but the price is reduced to $750. This is per the current online configurator.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 07:38 AM   #196
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I believe the consensus is that you can only choose the HK option if you either have Premium or Executive package. I may be able to confirm that on Thursday when I talk to the “order guy” since no one else there can definitively answer the question. Either way HK is there now. With respect to my car, they are telling me I can’t add it to my build since it already has a VIN so it means ordering a new car and dealing with the wait and whatever new problems arise.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 07:51 AM   #197
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I believe the consensus is that you can only choose the HK option if you either have Premium or Executive package. I may be able to confirm that on Thursday when I talk to the “order guy” since no one else there can definitively answer the question. Either way HK is there now. With respect to my car, they are telling me I can’t add it to my build since it already has a VIN so it means ordering a new car and dealing with the wait and whatever new problems arise.
I don't buy into that consensus. If that were the case, the configuration would somehow block access to the HK system if the Premium or Executive packages were not selected. The very fact that they charge $875 for it without those two packages and lower the price to $750 with either of those packages tells me the consensus is wrong.

Remember, you have to live with what you accept.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 08:57 AM   #198
VertigoAtHome
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I saw that and inferred what you did. However as it sits, if you pick the HK option without the P or E package, the configurator automatically includes E. Delete E and it drops HK. Choose P and then you can add back HK. So no P or E, no HK. I'll see if I can confirm that tomorrow although if anyone else can confirm it, great, since I've lost confidence with my dealer. At this point they resist everything I ask them until I push back hard and force a response.
Appreciate 0