BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-26-2020, 12:14 AM   #1
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Repeated TPMS Failure

Picked up a 2020 X5 a few weeks back. About 100 miles on it and I'm getting a TPMS malfunction every time I start the car. Tried resetting it but it just gets stuck at 49% no matter how long I drive and then the failure pops up again. Tried changing the tire type options as well but nothing. Manually checked the tires and they're all good.

Unfortunately dealer said they are only taking urgent issues right now due to staffing with COVID 19. You guys have any other ideas on resetting or fixing this?

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:35 AM   #2
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosely View Post
Picked up a 2020 X5 a few weeks back. About 100 miles on it and I'm getting a TPMS malfunction every time I start the car. Tried resetting it but it just gets stuck at 49% no matter how long I drive and then the failure pops up again. Tried changing the tire type options as well but nothing. Manually checked the tires and they're all good.

Unfortunately dealer said they are only taking urgent issues right now due to staffing with COVID 19. You guys have any other ideas on resetting or fixing this?
Did you try rebooting iDrive by holding down the volume button for about 20 to 30 seconds until the screen goes black? If that doesn't fix it a service call is probably your only option.
Appreciate 0