BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-25-2023, 07:13 AM   #1
Aloux
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x45e

Paint color code for X-line silver trim on rear valence

Would one of you know the color name or color code for the X5 x-line rear valence? It is the silver portion between the two exhausts. I have a small chip that I want to touch up.

I stopped by the dealership today and they told me that there was no touch up paint or paint code for it. I can either getting it color matched from the bodyshop department or purchase a new pre painted part from BMW. That seems a little crazy to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 09:46 AM   #2
doyall
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 45e

Black Plasti Dip. (Helps to eliminate what in my opinion is a mis-match of silver painted plastic trim, silver painted wheels - if you have them, satin aluminum trim and chrome.)
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 02:39 PM   #3
Aloux
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x45e

Thanks. I am still looking for a best match to take care of the chip now. I can’t believe there is not touch up paint for it. I also have a tiny chips on the front silver part of the bumper from road rocks. If I can find it, I may go straight to match my pythonic blue color.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 08:06 AM   #4
alison
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloux View Post
Thanks. I am still looking for a best match to take care of the chip now. I can’t believe there is not touch up paint for it. I also have a tiny chips on the front silver part of the bumper from road rocks. If I can find it, I may go straight to match my pythonic blue color.
Did you happen to ever figure this out? I just bought a used 2021 X5 and have a few little chips in the X-line silver trim I'd like to touch up, but can't find the paint color code anywhere.
Appreciate 0