BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-26-2022, 03:30 PM   #1
wbeemer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x5 45EEEEEE

My BMW app faulty

Since the update from last night, the app has become useless. Can't show accurate charging status, can't lock unlock, can't climate control. It seems the new app can't communicate with the car at all. Is it just me?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 11:02 PM   #2
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

Many of us are having ConnectedDrive issues. I think it's affecting users all over North America. Mine hasn't worked since Nov 19th and it's been longer for other members.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 11:41 PM   #3
leightos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 XM,'21 45e 'Lemon', '23 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbeemer View Post
Since the update from last night, the app has become useless. Can't show accurate charging status, can't lock unlock, can't climate control. It seems the new app can't communicate with the car at all. Is it just me?
always at least try an idrive reboot. Works for me most of the time. hold the radio on/off down for a full 30 seconds.

btw - there are lots of threads on this app issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 11:45 AM   #4
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
My app has never showed a picture of my car due to I have a individual color frozen black just displays a car undercover when I called and asked about why it's not showing My x5 they told me due to the individual paint. It won't show. Other than that, I've had no issues with the app even with the update.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 11:56 AM   #5
Stacker93
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d G05

Mine had an issue recently where I couldn’t renew the connected package but a quick call to Connected Drive services and they sorted this, it was because the packages have changed!

I can’t get the My trips to work though, have tried loads of suggestions online so sort of given up!!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 12:00 PM   #6
arRod1981
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swainbmw View Post
My app has never showed a picture of my car due to I have a individual color frozen black just displays a car undercover when I called and asked about why it's not showing My x5 they told me due to the individual paint. It won't show. Other than that, I've had no issues with the app even with the update.
Not true at all. Unless it has something to do with it being you're on an iPhone? Though thinking about it, my iPad shows the individual color too.

I'm on a Samsung S22 Ultra, and for the longest time it showed mine as gray/white, but on my husband's Galaxy Z Fold3 it showed the individual color from when we were at PCD.

However, one day after getting frustrated with his bragging about it showing the green on his phone, I saw there was an app update. So before updating I logged out and deleted the app from my phone. When I reinstalled the app and logged back in it shows the individual color on my phone now too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 12:02 PM   #7
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arRod1981 View Post
Quote:
Not true at all. Unless it has something to do with it being you're on an iPhone? Though thinking about it, my iPad shows the individual color too.

I'm on a Samsung S22 Ultra, and for the longest time it showed mine as gray/white, but on my husband's Galaxy Z Fold3 it showed the individual color from when we were at PCD.

However, one day after getting frustrated with his bragging about it showing the green on his phone, I saw there was an app update. So before updating I logged out and deleted the app from my phone. When I reinstalled the app and logged back in it shows the individual color on my phone now too.
Interesting I have to delete it and try that. Thanks. It is an iPhone. I worked with tech-support for a month never could get it updated on their system. I remember them saying, cannot be updated on the there end
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 12:06 PM   #8
arRod1981
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Interesting I have to delete it and try that. Thanks. It is an iPhone. I worked with tech-support for a month never could get it updated on their system.
Loading the app in my iPad it has shown the Java Green from day one.

Hope what I did gets it to work for you as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 01:28 PM   #9
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting I have to delete it and try that. Thanks. It is an iPhone. I worked with tech-support for a month never could get it updated on their system.
Loading the app in my iPad it has shown the Java Green from day one.

Hope what I did gets it to work for you as well.
Tried the iPad same thing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 01:38 PM   #10
arRod1981
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yuck dude! Was an easy fix for me, and am stumped for you. The only time mine looked like yours was before we actually took ownership of it. After that, it showed the X5 uncovered in white/gray on my phone and Java Green on the hubby's phone.

DuskPhilosophy, for your individual Atlantis blue, does the app show your color? Or is it like swainbmw where it's covered?

TurtleBoy mentioned he also has an individual color BMW. TB, does yours show the color or is it covered?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 01:39 PM   #11
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Yuck dude! Was an easy fix for me, and am stumped for you. The only time mine looked like yours was before we actually took ownership of it. After that, it showed the X5 uncovered in white/gray on my phone and Java Green on the hubby's phone.

DuskPhilosophy, for your individual Atlantis blue, does the app show your color? Or is it like swainbmw where it's covered?

TurtleBoy mentioned he also has an individual color BMW. TB, does yours show the color or is it covered?
It's definitely something on BMW server it's not allowing it to change
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 05:10 PM   #12
wbeemer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leightos View Post
always at least try an idrive reboot. Works for me most of the time. hold the radio on/off down for a full 30 seconds.

btw - there are lots of threads on this app issue.
Thanks, I tried this but doesn't seem to work. Are there any other possible solutions?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 05:15 PM   #13
DonKeedic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbeemer View Post
Thanks, I tried this but doesn't seem to work. Are there any other possible solutions?
Unplug from charger, turn off Bluetooth, do 70 second iDrive reboot. Once you're back in to the system, go to apps tab and click options. Once "update apps" is no longer grayed out, select that option. That often fixes these connectivity issues, but sometimes it takes several attempts and may not immediately fix the issue.
Appreciate 1
wbeemer43.50
      11-27-2022, 11:36 PM   #14
wbeemer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKeedic View Post
Unplug from charger, turn off Bluetooth, do 70 second iDrive reboot. Once you're back in to the system, go to apps tab and click options. Once "update apps" is no longer grayed out, select that option. That often fixes these connectivity issues, but sometimes it takes several attempts and may not immediately fix the issue.
This worked. Thanks a lot
Appreciate 1
DonKeedic180.50
      11-28-2022, 12:05 AM   #15
DuskPhilosophy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's definitely something on BMW server it's not allowing it to change

From the day I picked up my vehicle it has been Atlantis blue in the app but it's still grey on the MyGarage website :/
Appreciate 1
arRod1981919.00