04-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
frank19x5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

One More Week!!!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Insurance active, docs all signed, big check written and handed over, plates & registration in hand; X5 is still in Spartanburg. I guess I'll just have to fly down there an pick it up myself, but that won't be until next Friday! Do I just stare at my plates until then?

Last edited by frank19x5; 04-20-2019 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
jimv03
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

It will no doubt be the longest week of your life!!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 10:09 PM   #3
Jameskohn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Garage List
Me too, also in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank19x5 View Post
Insurance active, docs all signed, big check written and handed over, plates & registration in hand; X5 is still in Spartanburg. I guess I'll just have to fly down there an pick it up myself, but that won't be until next Friday! Do I just stare at my plates until then?
Interesting. My X5 finished production weeks ago and has been stuck at “awaiting carrier assignment” ever since. Originally it was scheduled to arrive at the dealer here in CT (BMW of North Haven) last Sunday, April 14. Call to BMW Genius indicated it wasn’t even released to a carrier until last Tuesday with a new delivery date of tomorrow, Saturday April 20. But as of this afternoon the car is still in SC and hasn’t moved. The BMW My Garage website still says “awaiting carrier assignment”
I did wonder if they were waiting to fill a truck for this area or dealer, but with today’s logistics technology of course they would be able to accurately know that well in advance. Interesting. Have you called the
Genius line? What are you being told?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 05:05 AM   #4
frank19x5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameskohn View Post
Interesting. My X5 finished production weeks ago and has been stuck at “awaiting carrier assignment” ever since. Originally it was scheduled to arrive at the dealer here in CT (BMW of North Haven) last Sunday, April 14. Call to BMW Genius indicated it wasn’t even released to a carrier until last Tuesday with a new delivery date of tomorrow, Saturday April 20. But as of this afternoon the car is still in SC and hasn’t moved. The BMW My Garage website still says “awaiting carrier assignment”
I did wonder if they were waiting to fill a truck for this area or dealer, but with today’s logistics technology of course they would be able to accurately know that well in advance. Interesting. Have you called the
Genius line? What are you being told?
My situation is a bit different than most. When I ordered my car on March 4, I requested a Performance Center Delivery on April 26 to coincide with a with a trip I'm taking down south. My build was completed weeks ago, and it's been sitting at the factory since.

I've seen several other threads saying that tracking shows the car hasn't left the factory, and then miraculously, it shows up at the dealership. I'm not sure that BMW's tracking info is very accurate. Hopefully your car gets there soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Exciting! Hopefully it's sunny as it's showing rain on Friday...
      04-22-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimv03 View Post
It will no doubt be the longest week of your life!!
It was for us! longest 10 days actually, car said it was at dealership but wasnt, 10 days later, lol

Congrats!
Appreciate 0