BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #1
R34L15T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 30d M Sport

Rear Seat USB C

Hi all,

Just about to purchase a 2019 X5. Pretty much all options are ticked but it doesn't seem to have the Travel pack here in the UK. Which i am mainly after the USB C's behind the drivers seats.

Is there any way to retrofitUSB C's behind the drivers seat? I did have a look around but most are of retrofits of RSE, but i think it makes more sense to have an iPad on the adapter and get power from the USB C's behind the seats!

Any help welcome!
      07-28-2021, 03:41 PM   #2
R34L15T
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 30d M Sport

No one's been able to do this? 😆
      07-28-2021, 03:51 PM   #3
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34L15T View Post
No one's been able to do this? 😆
Probably not the answer you are looking for but I would just buy a plug for the cigarette lighter in the centre console.

I have the travel pack. The USB c is really practical but you would have to get a power line in the back of the seat and put in the travel and comfort system connector too. Seems a lot of work for something a 20 £ cigarette lighter plug can also solve

I agree on the RSE. I have two iPads and head phones and this is cheaper and easier to use.

I did buy two tables for the T&C system but they sit to low.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 03:10 AM   #4
Johna78
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34L15T View Post
Hi all,

Just about to purchase a 2019 X5. Pretty much all options are ticked but it doesn't seem to have the Travel pack here in the UK. Which i am mainly after the USB C's behind the drivers seats.

Is there any way to retrofitUSB C's behind the drivers seat? I did have a look around but most are of retrofits of RSE, but i think it makes more sense to have an iPad on the adapter and get power from the USB C's behind the seats!

Any help welcome!
Hi, you can pick the travel and comfort system under additional options, at least on my uk configuration. Around £195 I think
Appreciate 0