BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-15-2021, 07:13 AM   #23
MNick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
I've been running RC on my x5M for a year now and been to dealer several times.
What has your experience been with RC regarding performance? Trying to figure out what to get for my new X5m. Any issues with TCU (not communicating with true load valves on ECU) shifting under load?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #24
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
I've been running RC on my x5M for a year now and been to dealer several times.
What has your experience been with RC regarding performance? Trying to figure out what to get for my new X5m. Any issues with TCU (not communicating with true load valves on ECU) shifting under load?
performance has been good. much improved over stock. I haven't noticed any TCU issues but not sure what you mean...

I find adding some octane boost or 100 octane does make a difference on the higher maps 6/7.

I also have a 200 cell primary cat and secondary delete. I've seen 3.0s 0-60 (1 ft rollout) and mid 9s 60-130mph so it's definitely an improvement over stock.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2021, 05:09 AM   #25
ChrisDF95
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia6 View Post
Hello- has anyone else installed on a brand new model? I will be taking delivery at some point in July and RaceChip is offering $100 off at the moment
I have been looking for reviews from M50i owners as I am in a '21 M50i and am considering the Race Chip route. I've seen a couple positive statements about better acceleration but nothing quantitative or detailed. One guy said he couldn't feel any difference which is hard to believe if the Race Chip is adding 3 lbs of boost. That should be pretty damn noticeable especially the torque bump.
I was originally set on a JB4 but it looks like their support is when and if they get around to it and no adapters after many months for the EWG connections.
A full ECM would be nice but I am not aware of any right now for a '21 which has some kind of a lock that needs to be hacked or some BS.
How does this impact warranty?
It's not going to
I have had my 21 x5m in for service many times
All I do is unplug the box put the stopper in and nothing has been detected

Prior I had an Rs7 with JB4 and the same thing
Never detected anything
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 12:54 PM   #26
dynamic
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Racechip site shows an increase of 59HP/88TQ on a 523HP factory rated M50i. If true these are strong gains for a simple "piggy back" approximate and relatively conservative 3 pound boost increase. An 88 lb torque bump is significant and would be realized each time the gas pedal is pushed to any degree on top of the well over 200 ft lb advantage the M50i has over the 40i.
Appreciate 1
CT335xi682.50