BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-06-2021, 02:25 PM   #45
10101X5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 10101X101

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantgobak View Post
Ahh, nice find…. If possible, can you PM me the link? Did you put it on yourself?
I couldn’t justify an additional 4700 for MSport without an engine performance improvement and don’t like the packaged option BMW put together forcing me to get something I don’t really need. Plus, my wife will be the one mostly driving it other than on weekends which will be a family car with my kids in it, so I made a rational decision to not get the msport (but it wasn’t without struggle). I also did several versions of black out grill with front and sides to show her, she still liked the chrome grill better but liked the black out front and sides.
I was decided to do glossy black wraps on the front, sides and back (without the grill) until I saw yours…. I do agree with you as well, all black grill is a bit too much whcich is another reason I struggle so much…. But then sometimes it looks and feels different between in person and picture too… ugh decisions decisions in life….
I guess I'm lucky. My wife was the one that told me about it. "I saw a car like yours but the front is black. Black looks nicer." Here you go. I did it myself. There's a youtube from a Russian guy I think. I watched and did it. Pretty easy and straight forward. Just need to watch out for the camera and remember how to insert it back on. It also comes with instruction but seeing on youtube is easier to follow for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickez View Post
No need for new shades. The HUD can be slightly tilted to accommodate polarized sunglasses.
Thanks for the tip. I like it high so it probably won't work for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 04:19 PM   #46
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

Great! Thank you sir! That’s a price I would not hesitate to pay and install myself and get to keep the OEM chrome then swap it out when I get tired of it. Now, I just need to wait patiently for next week to take delivery IF there’s no deletions of any feature….
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 04:12 PM   #47
Socaldriver
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSpuds View Post
That's beautiful! Are you kidding me? I was expecting:
Same here. lol!
Appreciate 0