BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-14-2021, 01:13 AM   #1
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

Slow down tailgate closing speed

Has anyone tried to code something like this for the G05?

Everytime the upper tailgate closes, it scares the hell out of me!

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 01:08 PM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm50i View Post
Has anyone tried to code something like this for the G05? Everytime the upper tailgate closes, it scares the hell out of me!
i can say this capability hasn't been enabled under BimmerCode's front page for the G05. not sure if it can be done in Expert Mode, but I haven't seen any videos for the G05, just the one you linked (F85 I believe?)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
JimVR4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i M-Sport

I recorded those steps in my coding log so I will check it later on the G05. I did notice that the interior button as well as the fob remote require the button to be held the entire time the closing motor is active. If the button is released, travel immediately stops and resumes when the button is pressed again. On the other hand, pushing the button on the tailgate itself does result in full motion without holding the button. It does sort of slam at the end.
      11-14-2021, 02:43 PM   #4
Kas63
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVR4 View Post
I recorded those steps in my coding log so I will check it later on the G05. I did notice that the interior button as well as the fob remote require the button to be held the entire time the closing motor is active. If the button is released, travel immediately stops and resumes when the button is pressed again. On the other hand, pushing the button on the tailgate itself does result in full motion without holding the button. It does sort of slam at the end.
I've used Bimmercode to change the button action to one touch open and close for the door button and the remote.

IIRC the remote button needs to be held for a second or two, then released. The boot closes completely then. The door button responds instantly.
      11-14-2021, 03:58 PM   #5
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
I did notice that the interior button as well as the fob remote require the button to be held the entire time the closing motor is active. If the button is released, travel immediately stops and resumes when the button is pressed again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas63 View Post
IIRC the remote button needs to be held for a second or two, then released. The boot closes completely then. The door button responds instantly.
in BimmerCode in the 'easy mode' front module coding section, the behavior of the tailgate button on the key fob can be modified in one of two ways via "close tailgate with the remote without long press" line item:
Not Active is the behavior JimVR4 describes = when the key fob button is released, the tailgate will stop its closing motion. to fully close, the button must be pressed the entire time. (this my programmed behavior.)
Active is the behavior Kas63 describes = even when the key fob button is released, the tailgate will fully close once set in motion .

Quote:
I recorded those steps in my coding log so I will check it later on the G05.
to be clear, the OP isn't referring to the tailgate key fob button behavior that I delineated above, but to coding the tailgate so that it soft-closes and doesn't slam at all. the video he posted shows the steps in BimmerCode Expert Mode for an F85. i have not seen this successfully coded for a G05 as of yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 10:18 PM   #6
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Personally, I'd like a short delay after pressing before it actually starts to close so I can step away a little bit. I'm fairy tall, and it gets pretty close to my head! No way to do that from what I've seen. In theory, that should be easier than a multi-speed action, but serve similar purposes.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:16 AM   #7
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
If this works through Bimmercode on F96 that would be awesome. i hate the loud "clunk".

Appreciate 0