BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-31-2021, 09:24 PM   #1
skindoc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 M50i

Anthracite headliner

2022 X6 M50i

This option was accidentally left off my build (at the fault of the dealer) and they aren't willing to offer any remedy for this or anything at all. Is it worth pursuing or should I just let it go? It is over $100k car….
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 02:49 AM   #2
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skindoc View Post
2022 X6 M50i

This option was accidentally left off my build (at the fault of the dealer) and they aren't willing to offer any remedy for this or anything at all. Is it worth pursuing or should I just let it go? It is over $100k car….
In this market, assuming you really want & need the car, if you got the other options and the price your want I'd let it go.

If you have a good BATNA and/or were iffy on the vehicle in the first place, then walk & see what comes around in Q1.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
Ashme
Private
Rep
Drives: Viper, GX460, BRZ

It's up to you, but I'll you after looking around recently- you have very little leverage. That car will be sold in a heartbeat at full MSRP or more if you don't take it.
They would probably be thrilled if you didn't take it.
2011 Lexus GX (for sale soon)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #4
skindoc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashme View Post
It's up to you, but I'll you after looking around recently- you have very little leverage. That car will be sold in a heartbeat at full MSRP or more if you don't take it.
My thoughts exactly
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 10:24 AM   #5
Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Quote:
Agreed. They don't care if you take the car or not, they'll easily sell it and likely with a market adjustment up charge.
      11-01-2021, 07:34 PM   #6
dananelson1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 45e, 13 X5xdrive50i SOLD

Exactly! I have mentioned walking from my build due to options being deleted, or me hearing on this forum of even better deals. Each time, my SA, says, "no worries just let me know as I have nearly 10 customers who are lined up to pay full MSRP"

Similar to the housing market in Cali, it's not a buyers market...

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 05:42 AM   #7
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
2022 X6 M50i

If it's a lease take, if you want to keep it let it go. 100K to me is high enough to get the details right.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 11:44 AM   #8
Bucksn6
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW x5m50i

Fwiw, I have the headliner. It's cool. Worth $300 to me, but not make or break. The moon roof cover isn't anthracite either. So it's not even the whole headliner. A black cloth headliner would be about the same unless you were lookin for it especially.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #9
skindoc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksn6 View Post
Fwiw, I have the headliner. It's cool. Worth $300 to me, but not make or break. The moon roof cover isn't anthracite either. So it's not even the whole headliner. A black cloth headliner would be about the same unless you were lookin for it especially.
Yeah I agree $300 from factory, but worth $3600 that they quoted me to install after the fact?? I don't think so
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #10
Bucksn6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I agree $300 from factory, but worth $3600 that they quoted me to install after the fact?? I don't think so
Agree 100%. I'd make sure you weren't charged for it and then take delivery. Wouldn't stop me from accepting the order after seeing it in person. I honestly think the options situation is going to get worse and things will come and go for the next 2 years. It's a roll of the dice on these things.

I would tell the to fuck all the way off on the touchscreen $500. They can retrofit it or keep the truck. That's a pretty big deal tbh.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:24 PM   #11
skindoc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Agree 100%. I'd make sure you weren't charged for it and then take delivery. Wouldn't stop me from accepting the order after seeing it in person. I honestly think the options situation is going to get worse and things will come and go for the next 2 years. It's a roll of the dice on these things.

I would tell the to fuck all the way off on the touchscreen $500. They can retrofit it or keep the truck. That's a pretty big deal tbh.
Haha yeah. Luckily I didn't have to compromise much. I came from a GLE coupe which didn't have touchscreen and it's def nice to have. Loving the smart key feature on my phone
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:27 PM   #12
Bucksn6
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha yeah. Luckily I didn't have to compromise much. I came from a GLE coupe which didn't have touchscreen and it's def nice to have. Loving the smart key feature on my phone
I haven't used smart key since the wireless charging isn't there. I do have it enabled so that the car just locks when I walk away and unlocks on approach. If the apple key worked that way, I'd do a backflip.

I do kind of want to retrofit the wireless charging at some point. I'll wait until I get bored. For now, I did ppf and tint. Then put my winter wheels and tires on. I'll prob do resonator delete soon and then wireless charging when I'm bored.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:34 PM   #13
S_McTowelie
Private
Rep
Drives: \

Are you saying they didn't do an anthracite headliner (as in it's a grey headliner) or they left off the Alcantara headliner option?

If you're just missing the Alcantara option, and they updated the pricing to reflect that option not being selected, and you aren't missing any more options (like the touchscreen), then it might be worth just accepting the black cloth.

If it's actually a grey headliner, I'd say no thanks.

If you're missing the Alcantara headliner you wanted and you are one of the unlucky few who are also getting the touch-less screen (I'm part of this bunch too), then it might be worth it for you to not take delivery and reorder as it seem like touch screens are back. I'm still waiting for the verdict to come back totally on that as it seems crazy the window for touch deletion was so small.
Appreciate 0