BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-20-2021, 03:57 PM   #1
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Front plate alternative?

So didn't want to drill the bumper so took the front plate bracket and zip tied to grill mesh then screwed plate to the bracket. Thoughts? It's level when looking at it just pictures make it look crooked
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
c12h231.00
      11-20-2021, 10:08 PM   #2
Nuke88
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 M50I

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
So didn't want to drill the bumper so took the front plate bracket and zip tied to grill mesh then screwed plate to the bracket. Thoughts? It's level when looking at it just pictures make it look crooked
Looks nice man. I actually just bought a side no drill plate from craven speed for my X5 M50i

https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-platypus-license-plate-mount-for-2019-2020-bmw-x5-m-sport/

Waiting for my plates from DMV to set up my side plate accordingly.

Nice ride! Be safe!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #3
-Vanguard-
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M Competition

I do what you do, but only when traveling to a place in NYC that I know is very strict about front plates.

95% of the time, I go with no front plate and never have an issue. The other 5% is for when I know ill be parking on the street and meter maids will ticket me for it.

Also, you dont need to use that large bracket. I just zip tie my front plate exactly where yours is with no bracket and snip the zip ties to be as low profile as possible.

I carry a bag of 200 zip ties and the plate in my trunk to be ready to put it on whenever I park in NYC public streets lol.
Appreciate 3
      11-22-2021, 10:59 AM   #4
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vanguard- View Post
I do what you do, but only when traveling to a place in NYC that I know is very strict about front plates.

95% of the time, I go with no front plate and never have an issue. The other 5% is for when I know ill be parking on the street and meter maids will ticket me for it.

Also, you dont need to use that large bracket. I just zip tie my front plate exactly where yours is with no bracket and snip the zip ties to be as low profile as possible.

I carry a bag of 200 zip ties and the plate in my trunk to be ready to put it on whenever I park in NYC public streets lol.
Brilliant!

I will follow your method to avoid tickets when parking on the street, as I have been driving with no front plate for months now and have been fortunate, be t I'm sure it's just a matter of time before an LEO notices.
      11-22-2021, 11:58 AM   #5
Ryan_R_f80f8m4
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine white m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vanguard- View Post

Brilliant!

I will follow your method to avoid tickets when parking on the street, as I have been driving with no front plate for months now and have been fortunate, be t I'm sure it's just a matter of time before an LEO notices.
Can anybody confirm that the cravenspeed tow hook mount mentioned above would work for f95 X5m?

Will it work without messing up/ tripping the sensors?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 04:01 PM   #6
irpirate
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 x5mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_R_f80f8m4 View Post
Can anybody confirm that the cravenspeed tow hook mount mentioned above would work for f95 X5m?

Been using it for a year now, for the most part no issues. Tripped the front parking sensor 2-3 times since I've had it on.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2021, 05:25 PM   #7
Ryan_R_f80f8m4
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine white m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpirate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_R_f80f8m4 View Post

Been using it for a year now, for the most part no issues. Tripped the front parking sensor 2-3 times since I've had it on.
Thanks !! Definitely worth a try. I've always used the tow hook mount on previous cars. I got a shitty one and gave up. I'm going to try the Cravenspeed
Appreciate 0