BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-21-2021, 09:17 AM   #1
Fe304rdu
Rep
Drives: '22 BMW X5 45e

Driver Profile settings seat settings lost (?)

Anyone have any issues with the seat settings being lost on all profiles?

We have a 3 month old 2022 X5 45e. 2 Driver Profiles associated with separate keys as well as 2 separate Apple Watches and related iPhones. (Have a separate problem with CarPlay priorities between our two phones - but that's secondary).

Car has worked flawlessly for 3 months - my wife would open the door and her profile and seat settings would work fine. I would open the door and my profile/seat would work fine.

A few days ago - I noticed upon unlocking that while it recognized my key and profile, my seat was not set to a recognizable position so I pressed the memory 1 button - and the seat did not move. Almost as if it was in a default position.

The same thing happened to my wife this morning. Her key, her profile, but the seat setting was lost.

Considering whether the best thing to do is to delete all profiles and restart. My wife, who loved the car to this point, has lost faith - I'm still hoping (even though I lived through the electronics issues in a 2002 530i...).

Help?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:01 PM   #2
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

I had the exact same problem a couple of days after I took delivery and setup mine and my wife’s profiles. My wife said she didn’t save any profiles when I asked but I just couldn’t be sure as this happened to me on my 2018 multiple times as well (though the system is completely different)…. Reconfigured it and will monitor it to see if it happens again….
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 04:05 PM   #3
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

Seat memory setting lost, AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantgobak View Post
I had the exact same problem a couple of days after I took delivery and setup mine and my wife's profiles. My wife said she didn't save any profiles when I asked but I just couldn't be sure as this happened to me on my 2018 multiple times as well (though the system is completely different)…. Reconfigured it and will monitor it to see if it happens again….
Ugh, really hate the fact that a huge car maker such as BMW still couldn't get this simple function correct!
Almost the same as Fe304rdu, my wife and I also have two profiles setup, however, the difference is we use separate key fobs. FWIW, I did sync the key fob with my profile…

Here's what transpired, I think….
I used Apple Watch to open driver side door earlier without my key fob with me. I closed the door but did not lock it. About 5 minutes later I re-entered the car with my key fob. As I opened door, I recall I was subliminally expecting for the seat to move to my profile setting but it didn't move. I didn't think too much and sat in (these actions were within 2 seconds). I am a bit vague now if it asked me to select profile or not but I am thinking it did or maybe I just selected myself. While it did start to adjust, I put the gear in reverse to back out of my garage but I believe it stopped right after I put it in reverse. I was thinking why did it stop?? Then as I started to drive, I tried memory 1, it actually started to adjust but stopped after 2 seconds. What da heck??

I'm going to try to see if I can replicate the problem when I have time….

Anyone else with the same issue?
Appreciate 0