BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-27-2021, 12:00 PM   #1
Bmwjay85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

X5e discounts

Hi anyone have any leads on x5e build and any discounts other than penfed and fed tax credit

Like actual percentage off msrp

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 06:00 PM   #2
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

First step is finding an allocation. That alone is a challenge but not impossible. Then find one at MSRP. Doable but more challenging. Getting a true discount off MSRP is extremely rare right now.
Appreciate 2
      11-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
dallen499
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
First step is finding an allocation. That alone is a challenge but not impossible. Then find one at MSRP. Doable but more challenging. Getting a true discount off MSRP is extremely rare right now.
my dealer just informed me they received an allocation to order but we haven't discussed price yet... I was going to try to get them to honor the military discount which i think is -3250, but I'm not sure if it will qualify since the build would start in January and I wouldn't take delivery until February??
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
VThokie09
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 50i F15

How about the tax credits? That a lock in 2022 too?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 03:46 PM   #5
Gstahl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e soon

The military discount should be from penfed and also available through BMW. Most dealers should honor it (I know some folks have said they got push back). Obviously they can decide to not honor it. I would simply ask for the price sheet with all the costs on it and then if they do not have it, ask them to add the discount into it.

My dealer added the discount in without me asking and gave me MSRP without any issues (even with a waiting line for their allocations).
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 03:58 PM   #6
dallen499
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstahl View Post
The military discount should be from penfed and also available through BMW. Most dealers should honor it (I know some folks have said they got push back). Obviously they can decide to not honor it. I would simply ask for the price sheet with all the costs on it and then if they do not have it, ask them to add the discount into it.

My dealer added the discount in without me asking and gave me MSRP without any issues (even with a waiting line for their allocations).
Thanks. I'm sure they won't be thrilled to honor it being a smaller, lower volume dealer, but we shall see!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #7
Szupreme
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VThokie09 View Post
How about the tax credits? That a lock in 2022 too?
Amended Ev credit seems like it was pulled out of the Bipartisan Infra Bill which was signed into law a few weeks ago.

Think amended EV tax credit was put into the Build Back Better bill which passed in the House but still needs to pass the Senate (via reconciliation), then signed into law by the president.

Could be weeks / months before that happens which means current $7500 credit should still apply.
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      11-30-2021, 10:58 AM   #8
VThokie09
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 50i F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szupreme View Post
Amended Ev credit seems like it was pulled out of the Bipartisan Infra Bill which was signed into law a few weeks ago.

Think amended EV tax credit was put into the Build Back Better bill which passed in the House but still needs to pass the Senate (via reconciliation), then signed into law by the president.

Could be weeks / months before that happens which means current $7500 credit should still apply.
You’re the best!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 04:29 PM   #9
Bmwjay85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Which is best dealer? I dont mind waiting 2-4 months. I just want the best price. Preferably around NY, i dont mind driving couple hours etc.

Anyone have any leads to get 6-8% off msrp and be able to use penfed as well thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:31 PM   #10
dallen499
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

What is the amended amount, anyone know? I won’t take delivery until 2022…
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:34 PM   #11
dallen499
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen499 View Post
Thanks. I'm sure they won't be thrilled to honor it being a smaller, lower volume dealer, but we shall see!
My dealer has no problem honoring the military discount (I’d.me code) along with drive for hunger $500. I didn’t ask for anything off MSRP. Going to be happy with my 3,700 and equity from current leased car…
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:40 PM   #12
Szupreme
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Up to $12.5k if Union built, US made battery but there's an income cap also which phases out benefit by $[200] for every $1k you make above a certain amount, $250k for single filer, $500k for joint filers.

Google is your friend:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cne...n-bill-senate/
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:48 PM   #13
dallen499
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Helpful article on the proposed new tax law for EVs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/ev-tax-credit-biden-bill-senate/

Note the key stipulations in the new proposed bill… plug in hybrid gas tanks cant exceed 2.5 gallons. Unclear whether you would still get the $4k base credit if gas tank exceeds 2.5g. Also max income is reduced to $250k to qualify for the full credit.

Wish I could take delivery this year!
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      11-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #14
dallen499
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Up to $12.5k if Union built, US made battery but there's an income cap also which phases out benefit by $[200] for every $1k you make above a certain amount, $250k for single filer, $500k for joint filers.

Google is your friend:
Haha beat me to it…. While I was typing my google findings.

Looks like for most, a BMW X5e would go from 7500 this year to 4000 (if it still qualifies with gas tank higher than 2.5g)
Appreciate 2
91Eunos99.00
      11-30-2021, 07:26 PM   #15
Szupreme
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Google is your friend:

Looks like for most, a BMW X5e would go from 7500 this year to 4000 (if it still qualifies with gas tank higher than 2.5g)
Great minds

Separately, senate is only in session till Dec 10th so presumably if they can't agree on finer details by then, they would pick up in Jan which means bill may not pass until feb or later.

You could aim for Jan delivery and potentially still reap full $7.5k if you were a betting man.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 10:14 PM   #16
dallen499
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Great minds

Separately, senate is only in session till Dec 10th so presumably if they can't agree on finer details by then, they would pick up in Jan which means bill may not pass until feb or later.

You could aim for Jan delivery and potentially still reap full $7.5k if you were a betting man.
Ahhh… I like what you are saying! I just figured it would be written into the 2022 tax code which wouldn’t be filed until 2023, hence I would be subject to the new terms upon filing. But if there’s a date stamp like you suggest… I could be in business.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 05:29 AM   #17
Szupreme
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Great minds

Ahhh… I like what you are saying! I just figured it would be written into the 2022 tax code which wouldn’t be filed until 2023, hence I would be subject to the new terms upon filing. But if there’s a date stamp like you suggest… I could be in business.
To be clear, if you take delivery in Jan, you'd have to claim on 2022 taxes (assuming you e been filing taxes on calendar year basis historically) which would be 2023 refund.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #18
taek
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:

I think it would still qualify for 4k. Reading the bill text the amount is the sum of paragraphs 2 through 5. Paragraph 2 is $4000. Paragraph 3 is battery capacity, and any vehicle with larger than a 2.5 gallon tank is disqualified (from paragraph 3 assumedly).

As long as the 45e is considered a "qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle" I believe paragraph 2 is applied.

Quote:
I don't think January vehicles would qualify for the old credits. This is the last month for the full $7.5k.

Last edited by taek; 12-01-2021 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 11:23 AM   #19
Szupreme
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taek View Post
Quote:

I think it would still qualify for 4k. Reading the bill text the amount is the sum of paragraphs 2 through 5. Paragraph 2 is $4000. Paragraph 3 is battery capacity, and any vehicle with larger than a 2.5 gallon tank is disqualified (from paragraph 3 assumedly).

As long as the 45e is considered a "qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle" I believe paragraph 2 is applied.

Quote:
I don't think January vehicles would qualify for the old credits. This is the last month for the full $7.5k.

I stand corrected on timing! Thanks for doing the research.

Would this then be retroactive since it's not technical law yet? Or any chance language on cutoff changes to whenever it passes?

Helps me with my own purchase decision, will likely wait a bit for clarity on options situation since there's very low probability for me to capture this tax benefit.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #20
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
I stand corrected on timing! Thanks for doing the research.

Would this then be retroactive since it's not technical law yet? Or any chance language on cutoff changes to whenever it passes?

Helps me with my own purchase decision, will likely wait a bit for clarity on options situation since there's very low probability for me to capture this tax benefit.
typically, how these things end up is that they'll agree to something last minute that is substantially what's in the current bill, or a rehash of the old policy.

So I wouldn't sweat it. I read the new bill and my head was spinning as it reads that it can qualify through a huge range of credit amounts, gas tank size, union labor, battery origin, etc etc. There was nothing certain I can bet on, and elected it was best to take delivery in 2021.