Error 523 origin is unreachable
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #178
GermanG05
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5 G05, A4 B9 Avant

Fellas, I really need to get the video recorder working. Yesterday at the Opel circle in K-Town a a woman drove into my lane and hit my 3-week old G05. I went to Euler for a cost estimate. I should receive the estimate shortly but he said...the laser headlight will be 3k. Total bill will be in excess of 6k. The lady changed her tone and story when I mentioned the camera. I need...we need the camera recorder for protection.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 02:28 PM   #179
CMG815
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebabies View Post
Yes, I got it to work. I emailed connecteddrive USA and asked them to manually link the connecteddrive service to my connecteddrive account. I provided the warranty paperwork with the certificate of origin. At first the connecteddrive USA team emailed me saying they needed the SIM information for the car, then without warning a couple weeks later, the connecteddrive services turned on. Most of them don't work such as weather and news because they rely on cell service that Germany doesn't have. The Drive Recorder and Android Auto/Apple Carplay do work.
How long did the whole process take?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 02:29 PM   #180
CMG815
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Only way is to activate CarPlay using FSC code now.
PM sent.
Can you code android auto as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 05:47 PM   #181
GermanG05
Private
Germany
Rep

1. Does anyone have a clean/exact write up for this and the advantages to be gained?
2. Can the Driverecorder use a portable USB hard drive to record accidents?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 06:46 AM   #182
SOFLouie
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: 4'

I've gone through the thread and while it renewed my hope that i can get my US Imported 2017 430i Connected Drive to work in Europe, i couldn't quite find a definitive solution

as of now, i have an account, and the vehicle added by VIN to https://mygarage.bmwusa.com/activate...cteddrive.html
in there, i have an option to "Activate Connected Drive" and it would send a code to the vehicle ("A code has been sent to your vehicle. You will find it in the ConnectedDrive menu under “Messages”. The security code is valid for three hours.")

not surprisingly, i didn't get anything.. after all the vehicle is in Bulgaria.

p.s the local dealer gave me the exact canned response when i asked to activate connected drive.. that the "Sim card in my US vehicle can't be replaced with a local sim card", etc...
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 02:18 AM   #183
SOFLouie
Bahamas
Rep

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #184
SOFLouie
Bahamas
Rep

Unhappy some more nonsense

Second Attempt yielded this response:

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

Please be advised that we are not aware how the ConnectedDrive services in a US-spec vehicle is working in Bulgaria. You may visit a BMW Center in Bulgaria and see if there is anything they can do on their end.

If vehicle mapping is desired even if vehicle is not present in the United of States at this time, we can assist with this process.

For Military Deliveries, Proof of Ownership can be at least two of the following documents:

A copy of the Certificate of Origin for vehicle.
A copy of the vehicle Registration.
A copy of the vehicle Insurance card.

Please be advised that vehicle is an U.S spec vehicle. Furthermore, the ConnectedDrive services are delivered by a Simcard embedded in the vehicle TCU that allows vehicle to connect with all services. This SimCard is registered for the U.S market. Therefore, technology will not operate in other countries.

Sincerely,

BMW NA ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care
Mjbmw1 help!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 06:04 AM   #185
xSOJUx
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M Comp

I have a US Spec 2022 X4MC purchased from Euler Group. Today I was able to finally get my VIN entered in the mybmw app and the FSC showed up in my idrive messages.

Fully created my driver profile and associated my key with the car.

The only thing I can't get going is adding the VIN to my.garage.bmwusa.com The us site does not recognize my VIN. The .de site also does not recognize my VIN. I am assuming I need this part completed so I can purchase the drive recorder.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 07:05 AM   #186
SOFLouie
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSOJUx View Post
I have a US Spec 2022 X4MC purchased from Euler Group. Today I was able to finally get my VIN entered in the mybmw app and the FSC showed up in my idrive messages.

Fully created my driver profile and associated my key with the car
Congratulations!
PLEASE guide me how you managed to do this.. in detail
(See my 2 posts directly before yours)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #187
xSOJUx
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M Comp

My phone is a Samsung Note 20 Ultra running T-Mobile ROM
SIM 1: TKS
SIM 2: US T-Mobile
I got the US Version of MyBMW App (v 1.7.2) from the Play Store
I created my mybmw login via the app

Now Last week I tried to do this. Add the VIN to my app. I add the VIN, I get to the point where the FSC code should go to the vehicle. The code never shows up.

Today, while on ROB, I was going through the Apps. I noticed I had messages with codes as of Monday. So I decided to give it another try. As soon as I entered the VIN the code popped up in my BMW Messages.

Before I did this, the app did not work with my car. I could not create a Driver profile, associate my key. However, I had working apps. I still CAN NOT figure out how to get my VIN added to ConnectedDrive so I can get the Drive Recorder.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 03:57 AM   #188
SOFLouie
Bahamas
Rep

That's awesome... hope you figure out the rest!
So, did you need to speak to anyone? call/email, BMW Germany or US? or did you manage simply using a US Simcard?
i'm assuming you have Roaming active on it?
TKS, is that a german simcard?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 08:07 AM   #189
GermanG05
Private
Germany
Rep

Has anyone enable the video recorder in Germany with a U.S. spec G05?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 07:33 AM   #190
Long.sns
Rep
Drives: 04' M3, 06' M5, 21 X5, 22' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanG05 View Post
Yes. I drove into France and it started working. I've heard others have done this via Belgium. I have no idea if driving to another country was the key to success or if it was a coincidence, but it did start working...along with Carplay and all the other apps. I also registered my vin for the my BMW apps shortly before everything began working.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 04:54 AM   #191
dpomp131
Rep
Drives: 2022 X1 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Only way is to activate CarPlay using FSC code now.
PM sent.
kubax86 could you PM me with the info. I have the same issue. I just want Carplay to work.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 11:30 AM   #192
audrius483
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Hi, same problem here, US specs f30 in Lithuania, cannot add it to my bmw app, I wrote to us bmw connected drive team and german, and get same answers.. dont know what to do..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 04:21 AM   #193
jairoaparra@gmail.com
Rep
Drives: JCW mini 2023

kubax86 please help me too. I’ve sent you a few messages and I’m not sure if they’ve gotten to you.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 06:54 PM   #194
Greg876
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 40i

Garage List
2022 bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes on my US spec G06
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 06:17 AM   #195
jairoaparra@gmail.com
Rep
Drives: JCW mini 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long.sns View Post
Quote:
Yes. I drove into France and it started working. I've heard others have done this via Belgium. I have no idea if driving to another country was the key to success or if it was a coincidence, but it did start working...along with Carplay and all the other apps. I also registered my vin for the my BMW apps shortly before everything began working.
Is this still working? I don't mid traveling to France. Please anyone have any ideas that actually work? I've sent messages to kubax86 but haven't heard anything from him yet. Help please!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 02:12 AM   #196
BrooklynGreyM3
///MFlight Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3CX G80

I have a US Spec 2022 X3 and 2022 M3. Both were purchased through military sales here in Germany. Both are connected to the MyBMW app via Connect Drive services and I can see both vehicles under "My Garage" on the BMW USA website under my profile. I had to email BMW Connect Drive to have them manually map my vehicles to my BMW Connect Drive profile which is connected to the MyBMW app. I also had to email the BMW warranty department and have them verify my warranty which they then manually added my vehicles to "My Garage".

Neither vehicle had the BMW apps on the iDrive system. Based upon much research, I thought that I should try to drive to another country. I just needed to cross the boarder. When you cross boarders here in Europe your cell phone will get a text message from that country stating data usage and text rate information. I figured if I drove into another country the TCU unit would get "triggered" to connect.

So I drove the X3 over to Italy. After about 20 minutes of being in Italy I went to my BMW apps page on my iDrive system and noticed that all the apps are now there. I can even see the "Data Privacy" option under the iDrive menu.

Last week, I took my M3 over to France. About 5 minutes after crossing the boarder I checked the BMW apps on my iDrive system and all the BMW apps were there. I can also see the "Data Privacy" option under the iDrive menu.

I wanted to share my experience in case anyone with a US Spec BMW purchased via Military Sales is experiencing any issues with getting their BMW apps downloaded into their iDrive system. It seems like this can work with any model. Good luck!
Follow Me on IG: BrooklynGreyM3
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 09:38 AM   #197
jooson23
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanman View Post
Mjbmw1,

Thank you very much! I eagerly await your updates as I will try to apply here in South Korea.
Hey I am also in KOrea with X5. Have you found a way around this issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2022, 05:51 AM   #198
kal44
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci

Does remote start work for you guys once you connect the app to the car?

I am asking because I am in Bahrain and I would love to turn on the A/C a few minutes before I get in the car. Same situation as most. Military delivery of a BMW to Europe, but now I PCSd to Bahrain.

I sent the email to the BMW Connect people yesterday, asking to help me get the security code. I was able to add my VIN on the app, but cant verify the security code.
Appreciate 0