BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-30-2021, 09:40 AM   #89
Mckelvie37
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Got my survey yesterday and I did not present a glowing review for how BMW has handled this. Dealer called me about the low marks and I explained to them they were not the source of the frustration. Still no word from BMW but I presume that a tanking survey may garner some attention.

That being said, this survey had 2-3 questions on it. One specifically on the dealer which I scored a 10. Not their fault for this to be happening and they were more than helpful despite the circumstances.
Appreciate 1
bastula183.00
      11-30-2021, 10:48 AM   #90
X7NJ
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7

Garage List
2022 X7 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckelvie37 View Post
Got my survey yesterday and I did not present a glowing review for how BMW has handled this. Dealer called me about the low marks and I explained to them they were not the source of the frustration. Still no word from BMW but I presume that a tanking survey may garner some attention.

That being said, this survey had 2-3 questions on it. One specifically on the dealer which I scored a 10. Not their fault for this to be happening and they were more than helpful despite the circumstances.
What did you score for the BMW question on the 1 thru 10 scale..1? 😁

Was there a place to write additional comments?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 10:57 AM   #91
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Quote:

Just based on what I read on r/askcarsales, this only hoses the CA bonus/track record. It sucks, but probably what happens.
Appreciate 2
omasou2086.50
c12h231.00
      11-30-2021, 12:14 PM   #92
omasou
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearco View Post
Just based on what I read on r/askcarsales, this only hoses the CA bonus/track record. It sucks, but probably what happens.
I mentioned in a previous post on the forum.

BMW surveys are not the way to communicate w/BMW.

Anything less than 10's across the board negatively impacts the dealership and put you on their sh*t list.

If you have nothing nice to say...say nothing.
Appreciate 3
Bearco65.00
c12h231.00
      11-30-2021, 01:15 PM   #93
Mckelvie37
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X7NJ View Post
What did you score for the BMW question on the 1 thru 10 scale..1? ��

Was there a place to write additional comments?
Let's say it was on the lower end of the spectrum...but yes there was an open comments section. I addressed the communication issues but did exclude the dealer from the commentary.

If it did impact the CA, which it may have given his quick response, then lesson learned on my part. That being said, it's a bit misleading to offer a survey from BMW and hold the CA completely responsible. The CA's shouldn't suffer for the technical aspect of the car, just the sales and customer service. In that area, he did very well.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 12:09 PM   #94
doubleroll
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6

Garage List
2022 BMW X6  [0.00]
2002 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6  [0.00]
Email sent to BMW Exec’s and Autonation customer relations since my X6 has the deletion and didnt even have the window sticker in the glove…

I did score them 10’s on the survey but still want them to be aware that this wasn’t communicated properly.

Last edited by doubleroll; 12-01-2021 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 12:48 PM   #95
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Let's say it was on the lower end of the spectrum...but yes there was an open comments section. I addressed the communication issues but did exclude the dealer from the commentary.

If it did impact the CA, which it may have given his quick response, then lesson learned on my part. That being said, it's a bit misleading to offer a survey from BMW and hold the CA completely responsible. The CA's shouldn't suffer for the technical aspect of the car, just the sales and customer service. In that area, he did very well.
It affects the CA
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 04:21 PM   #96
hulu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 x40i

I finnally got a call from BMWNA.

What she tried to emphasize is:

We will not retrofit. You have the option to decline your car.

Not a surprise to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_McTowelie View Post
Crosspost from another thread. Pretty much the same text, but wanted to post for those following this one.

I sent emails to the three executives listed in a link from a prior post. Mainly just expressed my disappointment in standard features being removed prior to any documentation being updated on BMW website, the general lack of communication about the deletes (ie finding this out via the forum), and frustration that the blip was so small and nothing is being proposed for a fix for the impacted cohort.

Well, the emails went through because I got a call from BMW Executive Office and they wanted to discuss the emails that I sent. General gist of the conversation is that it didn't really result in anything, but here were some of the talking points:

Regarding the cars being produced with touch screens now, he said that he has had the convo with individuals who decode the VINs and call in about it (ie the ones being produced now that appear to have screens) and he said that even though these cars with touchscreens are arriving at dealers AFTER cars that have already been delivered without touchscreens, they were either built or had their parts allocated PRIOR to the ones with the touchscreen delete. Not sure what to make of that.

He then said that anything ordered or produced after 10/25 will have the delete. I then mentioned the forum and how people are decoding VINs of cars currently in production or awaiting carrier assignment, to which he noted what I mentioned above. I didn't press him on it as I don't know their assembly line logistics, so I just let it be.

I asked about if they are considering future retro fits or recalls of impacted screens and what if my screen dies three years into ownership, why couldn't touchscreen be reinstated. The response seemed a bit off based on the posts here where an individual replaced his touchless screen and got it to work. The representative said that a retrofit isn't possible and referred to the screen functionality being as integrated/tied to the vehicle as the engine or transmission and that it's not something they can just "easily" fix on a massive scale.

Lastly he noted that any reorders will not guarantee a screen. He said that top brass is telling him the touchscreens are gone until year end and 2022 is still unknown.

He seemed to just be doing triage and smoothing things over with words rather than actions. I thanked him for his time and discussing what he knows about the deletes. He said to call him if I have any more questions and that was the end of convo.

I tried to fight the good fight, but I don't know what else can be done to help with the whole strength in numbers idea of voicing disappointment. I still plan on taking delivery of car in 2 weeks; just wanted to help the group out of principle as I feel like customer service has gone by the wayside this past year.

I'll have some MC Hammer queued up on Spotify when driving home 😆
Appreciate 4
bastula183.00
GrussGott18135.50
      12-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #97
LU
Rep
Drives: BMWX5

I got the same call. However, I made it clear to BMW:
From a technical perspective, it should not be that difficult to re-install the touch screen. It's a matter of determination for BMW to make customer as happy and as loyal as possible.
In the end, if BMW takes good care of affected customer, the future business they earn would far exceed the small cost that they pay for the retrofit. Anyone thinks of COSTCO's generous return policy? they win customer's heart and customer goes shop there more as returns.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 03:24 PM   #98
juancasala
Private
Rep
Drives: 45e +Wife’s i3

FYI, this is a good resource to call/voice / and request to create a case:

BMW Customer Relations and Services Department is available at 1-800-831-1117

Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 03:28 PM   #99
juancasala
Private
Rep
Drives: 45e +Wife’s i3

Quote:

I agree the survey is misleading. The dealers I’ve worked with (even for other manufacturers) always had someone call me before the survey to make sure I give them all 10’s - VW dealer even had a full-time employee that had this single job - but it’s still ridiculous that BMW doesn’t facilitate a survey that will represent reality.

I did all 10’s on mine, and only regret is not using the free text field to write more about my concerns…
Appreciate 2
      12-11-2021, 07:58 AM   #100
doubleroll
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6

Garage List
2022 BMW X6  [0.00]
2002 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6  [0.00]
So after the email was sent, I have been playing phone tag with my dealer and BMW NA rep. Both left messages about my complaint and left contact info for a callback. Not sure what they will do but they did ask how they can help…lets see what happens when I finally get to speak with someone. I’m thinking nothing ;-)
      12-11-2021, 06:36 PM   #101
Tree202
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5

Sorry, I am little confused. Is BMW no longer including Touch Screens in the 2022 X5's? And the only way to know which ones come with it pre-installed is to look at the factory sticker and if it says "Touch-Screen Deleted" then it does not have Touch Screen?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 06:38 PM   #102
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree202 View Post
Sorry, I am little confused. Is BMW no longer including Touch Screens in the 2022 X5's? And the only way to know which ones come with it pre-installed is to look at the factory sticker and if it says "Touch-Screen Deleted" then it does not have Touch Screen?
There was a period (2 weeks or so) where touchscreens weren't available but they have been back for a few weeks now. Hopefully they stay.
      12-11-2021, 08:58 PM   #103
Mckelvie37
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree202 View Post
Let me know how it goes. I sent one in a few weeks back and heard nothing. Some seemed to have had responses though. I ordered a replacement screen which has arrived but haven't had a chance to try the install yet.
Appreciate 3
GrussGott18135.50
hulu106.00
      12-12-2021, 05:20 PM   #104
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Let me know how it goes. I sent one in a few weeks back and heard nothing. Some seemed to have had responses though. I ordered a replacement screen which has arrived but haven't had a chance to try the install yet.
Please keep us up to speed on how it goes! Based on the "plug n play" thread it would seem it's a replace & code which doesn't sound too tough.
Appreciate 1
      01-26-2022, 08:42 PM   #105
Nanette
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 xdrive40i

I got all the way to Spartenburg, did the performance day and only upon deliver of my new bmw was I told about the touchscreen. I flew into Spartenburg/Greenville and had no way home. They said well you don't have to take delivery of the car. How was I supposed to get home???? I'm copying the letter and sending. I feel like I had no choice but to sign the letter or spend a thousand dollars to get back home.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 08:48 PM   #106
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanette View Post
I got all the way to Spartenburg, did the performance day and only upon deliver of my new bmw was I told about the touchscreen. I flew into Spartenburg/Greenville and had no way home. They said well you don't have to take delivery of the car. How was I supposed to get home???? I'm copying the letter and sending. I feel like I had no choice but to sign the letter or spend a thousand dollars to get back home.
As I mentioned in your other post, that falls onto your dealer since they should have let you know that you were effected. I see though that you changed your story and now you did sign the waiver but at PCD. Usually all paperwork is done at the dealer before PCD delivery. Please make sure folks know this did not happen recently and was for an old build. We don't need anyone misunderstanding and think that the touchscreens are being deleted again.
      01-26-2022, 09:22 PM   #107
Mckelvie37
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Tough news there and I certainly wouldn't be happy about it. Was it a recent pickup? When it first happened BMWNA put a stop sale on the car to sort out the programming. Most of the dealers had to do it on site and I wasn't aware that any were being delivered in Spartanburg. Not a good PR thing for them to do that IMO.

That being said the screen can be replaced and touch reinstated. It'll run about $550 and a couple hours worth of your time. Look for the other threads about plug and play touchscreens. Some have been able to bring back all features if you had the driving assistance plus package with your car.

In the interim I'd reach out to your dealer and express your frustration. Not a good move on their part.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 09:57 PM   #108
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Didn't you have to pay for your car before you got there? Your dealer should have been able to tell you well in advance that it didn't have it, on top of that you should have received a $500 credit how did that not come up at all... ??
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 03:33 PM   #109
gadget_freak
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i

Good Day juancasala

I m having some serious issues with my BMW 528i and the engine died due to timing chain guide with 114K miles.

Is it possible to share email of BMW executives you wrote so i can bring to their attention.
I already contacted customer relations and they opened a case for me but its not getting anywhere and hence i need to get it escalated so it has the right attention.
You can email me at vabmit@yahoo.com
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 04:01 PM   #110
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget_freak View Post
Good Day juancasala

I m having some serious issues with my BMW 528i and the engine died due to timing chain guide with 114K miles.

Is it possible to share email of BMW executives you wrote so i can bring to their attention.
I already contacted customer relations and they opened a case for me but its not getting anywhere and hence i need to get it escalated so it has the right attention.
You can email me at vabmit@yahoo.com
Welcome to the forum. I have to ask, what are you expecting them to do? You are well out of warranty so while I'm sure they don't like to see their engines fail there is nothing for them to do about it.