BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-02-2021, 06:17 PM   #1
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Comfort seats bottom bolster

It seems odd, or maybe not, the bottom bolsters on my 'comfort' seats are actually getting more uncomfortable. I'm not slender, but I'm also not morbidly obese... I never had seat discomfort like this in my Z4 or even my 340I. On the drive home tonight I was seriously uncomfortable... Usually it has been my left thigh, but tonight it was both left and right. I'm almost wondering if my seat cushioning has collapsed a bit? These bolsters actually suck for getting out of the vehicle too. They are way too firm.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 09:52 PM   #2
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
It seems odd, or maybe not, the bottom bolsters on my 'comfort' seats are actually getting more uncomfortable. I'm not slender, but I'm also not morbidly obese... I never had seat discomfort like this in my Z4 or even my 340I. On the drive home tonight I was seriously uncomfortable... Usually it has been my left thigh, but tonight it was both left and right. I'm almost wondering if my seat cushioning has collapsed a bit? These bolsters actually suck for getting out of the vehicle too. They are way too firm.

Rob
There was a separate thread from other members here a few weeks back about not able to find a comfortable position and some said the same as you. I responded stating that my wife and I do not have the problem. That was a few days after we got the car. Since then, it is still fine for me and I have not heard any complaints from my wife either. HOWEVER, if my memory serves me correctly I do think that my previous 2018 X5's seat was a little bigger. Hopefully others have the actual size to compare to correct me, but I do feel that this G05's seat is very compact. My upper thigh is actually almost at the edge of the seat. I am average size 5'8", 173lbs and if I am feeling the seat is very compact, then those who are bigger than I am certainly could feel uncomfortable. Come to think of it, I had a 2017 Q7 prior to 2018 X5, I recall right after I sat on 2018 X5, I told my wife that the seat on X5 is bigger and more comfortable than Q7. So again if my memory serves me right, it's very sad for me to say that BMW kinda took a step backwards on seats…..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 09:58 PM   #3
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

Omg I thought it was just me, my left thigh is so uncomfortable. If I want to rest my left foot on the dead pedal, then then my thigh is pressing hard against the seat bolster.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 12:34 AM   #4
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Interesting. I have an X7 with the comfort seats and I don't have any issues with bottom seat side bolsters. I've had the car since November 2019. I'm 5'9 and 217 lbs. Unfortunately I gained 20 pounds during Covid because I quit going to the gym.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 01:22 PM   #5
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm50i View Post
Omg I thought it was just me, my left thigh is so uncomfortable. If I want to rest my left foot on the dead pedal, then then my thigh is pressing hard against the seat bolster.
I sometimes have to shift my butt over to the right a few inches just to relieve the pressure on my left thigh from the bolster. I thought the seat would 'break in', but it hasn't. Seat comfort is seriously pissing me off on this X6.

edit: I lowered the front of the seat which seems to help. I'm going to try some different seat positions and maybe that will do the trick.

Rob

Last edited by Rob_G77; 12-03-2021 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0