BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-02-2021, 03:20 AM   #5017
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
A downstate NY Trooper had his patrol car sideswiped by a passing box truck yesterday while stopped on the shoulder of the NYS Thruway. He is OK, but the pictures from the news today are a reminder to everyone about being extra-vigilant for workers and emergency vehicles on the shoulder.....

https://hudsonvalleypost.com/hudson-...e-car-on-i-87/
Nobody pays attention to shit in the middle of the road, let alone the shoulder...

Warning - kinda horrific, no info on injuries that I know of yet.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24829.00
M5Rick58907.50
      12-02-2021, 05:13 AM   #5018
vanguard8
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1969 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Updated numbers!
"Five times as many police officers have died from Covid-19 as from gunfire since start of pandemic
By Ryan Young, Jason Morris and Ray Sanchez, CNN"

"If you are serious about your commitment to protect the public ... and if you are serious about your personal commitments to your family, then that should be enough," Jessica Desfosses said in a plea for police officers to get vaccinated."

Because, covid never stops with infecting "just you".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/16/us/po...ths/index.html
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 05:16 AM   #5019
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguard13 View Post
Quote:
Updated numbers!
"Five times as many police officers have died from Covid-19 as from gunfire since start of pandemic
By Ryan Young, Jason Morris and Ray Sanchez, CNN"

"If you are serious about your commitment to protect the public ... and if you are serious about your personal commitments to your family, then that should be enough," Jessica Desfosses said in a plea for police officers to get vaccinated."

Because, covid never stops with infecting "just you".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/16/us/po...ths/index.html
Negative ghost rider. We'll pass! Thanks though.
Appreciate 1
mahalom3163.00
      12-02-2021, 05:34 AM   #5020
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the covid death numbers are over a month old, and so have increased by now.
Thanks for getting vaxxed! Is your dept getting its vaxxed #s up since the mandates?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 05:38 AM   #5021
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, the covid death numbers are over a month old, and so have increased by now.
Thanks for getting vaxxed! Is your dept getting its vaxxed #s up since the mandates?
I'm not vaccinated, there is no mandate and I don't feel like regurgitating that discussion. You can always go back and read the earlier discussion in this thread if you feel so inclined.
Appreciate 4
________4157.00
rebekahb3128.50
mahalom3163.00
      12-02-2021, 05:51 AM   #5022
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm not vaccinated, there is no mandate and I don't feel like regurgitating that discussion. You can always go back and read the earlier discussion in this thread if you feel so inclined.
I was hoping you could show us some progress:

"What You Need To Know

-Eighty percent of LAPD employees vaccinated
-LAPD sent 2,300 notices to employees who did report their vaccination status
-Four LAPD employees have refused vaccines and testing options
-LA city employees have until Dec. 18 to get fully vaccinated"

"Moore spoke to host Alex Cohen about the widespread acceptance from his employees working under one of the strictest vaccine mandates in the nation.

"I'm proud of their acceptance," Moore said.

He said the risks of catching the virus are something the department knows all too well. When the chief spoke to "Inside the Issues," he said two of his employees were in the hospital with COVID-19.
Since the pandemic's start, more than 3,200 LAPD employees have been impacted by the virus and 11 have died.
"Since the vaccine has been available for our men and women they have leaned into it," Moore told Cohen.
However, there are some outliers.
"We do have those that are coming late to the party if you will," he said."

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west...e-model-agency

Better than the ~ 50% vaxxed when we discussed this earlier, but I guess I should thank your co-workers.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 05:55 AM   #5023
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I was hoping you could show us some progress:

"What You Need To Know

-Eighty percent of LAPD employees vaccinated
-LAPD sent 2,300 notices to employees who did report their vaccination status
-Four LAPD employees have refused vaccines and testing options
-LA city employees have until Dec. 18 to get fully vaccinated"

"Moore spoke to host Alex Cohen about the widespread acceptance from his employees working under one of the strictest vaccine mandates in the nation.

"I'm proud of their acceptance," Moore said.

He said the risks of catching the virus are something the department knows all too well. When the chief spoke to "Inside the Issues," he said two of his employees were in the hospital with COVID-19.
Since the pandemic's start, more than 3,200 LAPD employees have been impacted by the virus and 11 have died.
"Since the vaccine has been available for our men and women they have leaned into it," Moore told Cohen.
However, there are some outliers.
"We do have those that are coming late to the party if you will," he said."

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-west...e-model-agency

Better than the ~ 50% vaxxed when we discussed this earlier, but I guess I should thank your co-workers.
Thanks. I don't work for LAPD. Let's move on. What does everybody think about the Andrew Coffee case/verdict?
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
mahalom3163.00
      12-02-2021, 06:58 AM   #5024
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
What a disgrace! You minimize the fact that 58 LEO were killed doing their job?!?!

Is this guy littlebear?
Appreciate 7
Sedan_Clan24829.00
vreihen1614906.00
Murf99314114.00
________4157.00
essejM360.50
rebekahb3128.50
mahalom3163.00
      12-02-2021, 07:07 AM   #5025
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
What a disgrace! You minimize the fact that 58 LEO were killed doing their job?!?!

Is this guy littlebear?
We believe it is. Same M.O., same style of conversation, etc. He disappeared from this thread after getting bashed by everybody (…and even attempted to erase all traces of his existence on Bimmerpost), only to magically appear in my thread on E46Fanatics. I disregard his statements over there as well.

P.S. He posted in my thread on Fanatics around the same time he posted in this thread under his recently acquired pseudonym. There are no coincidences.
Appreciate 5
vreihen1614906.00
Murf99314114.00
________4157.00
mahalom3163.00
      12-02-2021, 07:32 AM   #5026
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Updated numbers!
Sorry, I can't "like" that post!
      12-02-2021, 09:35 AM   #5027
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
We believe it is. Same M.O., same style of conversation, etc. He disappeared from this thread after getting bashed by everybody (…and even attempted to erase all traces of his existence on Bimmerpost), only to magically appear in my thread on E46Fanatics. I disregard his statements over there as well.

P.S. He posted in my thread on Fanatics around the same time he posted in this thread under his recently acquired pseudonym. There are no coincidences.
I was thinking the same thing.
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
Lady Jane68963.00
vreihen1614906.00
      12-02-2021, 12:00 PM   #5028
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Always love that the number comparisons are only ever applied "in favor" of one side and anything reversed is discarded on other topics. At least be consistent in your convictions and adherence to "the science" / statistics.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 3
rebekahb3128.50
Sedan_Clan24829.00
Lady Jane68963.00
      12-02-2021, 03:27 PM   #5029
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
IMHO, most people are cowards who are scared to act when it's time to act…..

…whether that action is to defend someone who is being assaulted physically (…e.g…a flight attendant being assaulted by a passenger), defend somebody being assaulted verbally (…e.g. BLM crowds/members disrupting people just trying to eat dinner with their families) or defend a city that is being perpetrated against by people with bad intentions. Good on Rittenhouse to act to protect life and property. If we had more Americans who were willing to combat the nonsense, we wouldn't be in the perilous state we're in [as a country].
Most people don't have qualified immunity like you do.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24829.00
vanguard8245.50
      12-02-2021, 03:32 PM   #5030
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:

…whether that action is to defend someone who is being assaulted physically (…e.g…a flight attendant being assaulted by a passenger), defend somebody being assaulted verbally (…e.g. BLM crowds/members disrupting people just trying to eat dinner with their families) or defend a city that is being perpetrated against by people with bad intentions. Good on Rittenhouse to act to protect life and property. If we had more Americans who were willing to combat the nonsense, we wouldn't be in the perilous state we're in [as a country].
That is true, but coming to the defense of others is not going to get you into trouble with the law under all but the most extreme set of circumstances. It's one thing to see two grown men fighting, for example, and decide to stay out of it. It's another thing entirely to watch a woman be sexually assaulted or a flight attendant being assaulted and do absolutely nothing. At the very least, we should protect our women and children. That's just my perspective though.

I expect more from men I suppose. When these criminals use their girlfriends and wives as human shields it truly pisses me off. Friggin cowards!
Appreciate 4
      12-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #5031
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is true, but coming to the defense of others is not going to get you into trouble with the law under all but the most extreme set of circumstances. It's one thing to see two grown men fighting, for example, and decide to stay out of it. It's another thing entirely to watch a woman be sexually assaulted or a flight attendant being assaulted and do absolutely nothing. At the very least, we should protect our women and children. That's just my perspective though.
Well ya but generally as a LEO you're affordeda greater degree of deterrence which protects you from nuisance civil suits. Especially for grey area encounters.

Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24829.00
vanguard8245.50
      12-02-2021, 03:49 PM   #5032
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well ya but generally as a LEO you're affordeda greater degree of deterrence which protects you from nuisance civil suits. Especially for grey area encounters.
Unfortunately that isn't the case everywhere. Many states have done away with QI and California is trying to as well.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3539.50
      12-02-2021, 03:59 PM   #5033
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

How long do you think before a business owner in California defends his store with his AR against the "smash and grabbers"? What would be the consequences for a business owner if that were to happen?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      12-02-2021, 04:01 PM   #5034
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

So, how much is your department getting from ARPA for front line workers?

Our Council approved $175/mn for the period 3/20-3/21 for sworn. Non-sworn got $150. I tried to convince my boss that IT supports PD at least 50%/day and on call 24x7, we should get something more than the $100 for general staff. He laughed.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      12-02-2021, 07:29 PM   #5035
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

I had traffic court yesterday. 85 in a 65. This was on a local major highway so we know 85 is not exactly flying, but b/c speed limits haven't been revised, I was breaking the law on paper.

I saw him flying up reckless weaving through traffic to get me. I pulled over ad waited for him. No break.

I hire lawyer & I only get 2 points knocked off. WTH? I could have done that without a lawyer...

My question is, is only taking 2 pts off under these circumstances normal these days? Oh, it was last day of the month that I was pulled over as well...
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      12-02-2021, 08:03 PM   #5036
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
I had traffic court yesterday. 85 in a 65. This was on a local major highway so we know 85 is not exactly flying, but b/c speed limits haven't been revised, I was breaking the law on paper.

I saw him flying up reckless weaving through traffic to get me. I pulled over ad waited for him. No break.

I hire lawyer & I only get 2 points knocked off. WTH? I could have done that without a lawyer...

My question is, is only taking 2 pts off under these circumstances normal these days? Oh, it was last day of the month that I was pulled over as well...
Never speed on the last day of the month…
Appreciate 1
vanguard8245.50
      12-02-2021, 08:18 PM   #5037
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately that isn't the case everywhere. Many states have done away with QI and California is trying to as well.
I meant to say ""deference" but spell check. just a fyi

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 12:51 AM   #5038
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
How long do you think before a business owner in California defends his store with his AR against the "smash and grabbers"? What would be the consequences for a business owner if that were to happen?
I think we're on the cusp of that happening if I'm being honest. People are completely fed up. We have flash mob robberies/thefts every other day. The problem a business owner would have is articulating the need to fire a weapon if there's no threat of serious bodily injury or death. A theft absent a threat is just petty theft/shoplifting or grand theft; a property crime. Shoplifting plus a threat turns it into an Estes robbery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So, how much is your department getting from ARPA for front line workers?

Our Council approved $175/mn for the period 3/20-3/21 for sworn. Non-sworn got $150. I tried to convince my boss that IT supports PD at least 50%/day and on call 24x7, we should get something more than the $100 for general staff. He laughed.
We revived $1000 this month and will be paid an additional $500 next month for working through COVID. We are still negotiating for a raise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post

What state do you reside in? Those points likely made the difference between you having a license and having your license suspended for a year or two without any provisions.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50