BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-14-2021, 06:04 AM   #45
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Does anyone know if remote software update would reset the Anti-Dazzle coding?

I got notification for 07/2020.54 remote software update.
I know this is old, and probably mentioned elsewhere. Mine still worked after 07/2020.xx updates.

I am running 11/2020.xx and it auto updated to a new version of 11/2020.50 after the dealer updated at the last service. Anti-dazzle still works just fine so it has not reset that feature thus far. Who knows if that continues or not in the next updates.

Last edited by edofloat; 03-24-2021 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 09:33 PM   #46
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Supposedly, some of the functions may not work properly, but the basic functionality should remain as the OTA update does not try to update the module that turned it off, as it’s no longer in the list when removed properly.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 10:00 PM   #47
chrisnack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 (G05) 50i

Coded my anti-dazzle tonight. I updated all of my computers to 3/2021 with ISTA earlier today, and then tackled the lights with esysx, esys version 3.36.2 and psdzdata of 4.28.22.

i removed 5AP then updated BDC_Body3, Kafas4, FLM (both), Dkombi.

Then I went in and changed the following:

FDL Code the following in Kafas 40F9:
COUNTRY_VARIATION Europe_RC [01]
C_FLA_BS_ENTER_THRESH Rest of world [03]
C_FLA_BS_EXIT_THRESH: Rest of world [02]

Also code the following in 40F9:
C_FLA_CC_MESSAGE_3:
CC_message_active to no_CC_message [00]
C_FLA_US_SENSITIVITY_MODE:
US to Normal [00]

I did the additional coding since i saw some on newer than 3/2020 possibly had issues, so figured i'd just go ahead and do it.

Just got back from a test drive and everything was working great, could see it blocking out for an oncoming car, and also followed one for awhile and said it block out for the car in front, but still have lights on the sides. Really cool!

Last edited by chrisnack; 03-23-2021 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 5
ladra17.50
LexxM31697.50
Tch-Nrd118.50
      04-02-2021, 01:30 PM   #48
Kaiowas909
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

I can't locate KAFAS4 on EsysX. I made everything else in BDC_BODY3 on 1DF8/7083 and VARIABLE LIGHT DISTRIBUTION / Anti-Dazzle is working now.

My iDrive is 11/2020.42, EXECUTIVE PACKAGE, DRIVING ASSISTANCE PROFESSIONAL PACKAGE, PARKING ASSISTANCE PACKAGE.
E-Sys 3.36.2, PSdZData_Lite_v4.28.21, EsysX-9-02572.

How can I find KAFAS4 on my 2021 X5 M50i?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 02:18 PM   #49
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiowas909 View Post
I can't locate KAFAS4 on EsysX. I made everything else in BDC_BODY3 on 1DF8/7083 and VARIABLE LIGHT DISTRIBUTION / Anti-Dazzle is working now.

My iDrive is 11/2020.42, EXECUTIVE PACKAGE, DRIVING ASSISTANCE PROFESSIONAL PACKAGE, PARKING ASSISTANCE PACKAGE.

Read ECU with engine running or the car in diagnostic mode
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 02:22 PM   #50
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

you may not have the most recent PSdZData. What version are you using?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 02:23 PM   #51
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:

It should still read KAFAS as it's in the svt. Most likely the ECU was not active when the read was done
Appreciate 2
VTENGR1043.50
      04-02-2021, 10:57 PM   #52
Kaiowas909
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I'm using PSdZData_Lite_v4.28.21
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 10:59 PM   #53
Kaiowas909
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Thank you, I will try to do it.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #54
Kaiowas909
Rep

Quote:
Diagnostic mode works, thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 01:08 AM   #55
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

I took a stab at anti dazzle for my first coding.

Successfully removed 5AP from the FA and injected it to the car. Doing a recalculate confirmed that it's not in the list anymore.

I clicked on Read ECU (Read SVT doesn't work) and went to code the following ECUs:

- KAFAS4
- HU_MGU
- BDC_BODY3
- FLM2 (43)
- FLM2 (44)

The process went ahead, I closed the completed button but received the following error messages below.

I could not complete the process with FDL coding as the read code didn't work.

I am using ESYS 3.27.1 with psdzdata 4.28.41.

What am I doing wrong ? Is it the psdzdata ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:09 PM   #56
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post

Successfully removed 5AP from the FA and injected it to the car. Doing a recalculate confirmed that it's not in the list anymore.

I clicked on Read ECU (Read SVT doesn't work) and went to code the following ECUs:

- KAFAS4
- HU_MGU
- BDC_BODY3
- FLM2 (43)
- FLM2 (44)

The process went ahead, I closed the completed button but received the following error messages below.

Try with 3.33.4, that's the one I use for g series programming, I think the older 3.2x releases have issues
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 05:12 PM   #57
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff86 View Post
Quote:

- KAFAS4
- HU_MGU
- BDC_BODY3
- FLM2 (43)
- FLM2 (44)

Try with 3.33.4, that's the one I use for g series programming, I think the older 3.2x releases have issues
I use 3.27 without issues. Must be something else going on.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2021, 11:45 PM   #58
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

I read in various places that 3.27 was the safest to use and newer version could cause issues.

I would love to get some help to troubleshoot that. For now, I disconnected the car and don't seem to have any issue but I don't feel very comfortable having stopped the coding exercise half way through.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 03:14 AM   #59
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Are you using a launcher, such as esysx/LP or just esys?

When you Read FA, does the FA match what you had previously, which I assume you saved as a backup, minus 5AP?

When you Read ECU, do you get all ECU in the SVT?

Once you have done Read ECU, you should also go to the top of the ECU tree, right-click and do 'Read Coding Data'. Does that work, do you get a list of ncd for each ECU in your c:\data\caf directory?

How 'exactly' are you VO Coding - buttons and steps used?

No need to select all ECU, just do one to start with.

How did you extract the psdzdata and where is it located? What was the source?

What i-step are you on?

I don't use 3.27.1. I use 3.36.2 so there may be variances in what I describe and what you see.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 02:00 AM   #60
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Are you using a launcher, such as esysx/LP or just esys?

==> No, I'm not using a launcher. I've only used ESYS 3.27.1

When you Read FA, does the FA match what you had previously, which I assume you saved as a backup, minus 5AP?

==> Yes, the FA matches the original one with the only exception of the 5AP option which is now removed. I was initially considering also removing 8TR but thought it was better to go step by step.

When you Read ECU, do you get all ECU in the SVT?

==> I believe all ECU are there but how can I confirm that ? I also saved the SVT before clicking on coding for the various KAFAS4, BDC_BODY3, FLM2 (43 and 44) and HU_MGU so I can check if needed.

Once you have done Read ECU, you should also go to the top of the ECU tree, right-click and do 'Read Coding Data'. Does that work, do you get a list of ncd for each ECU in your c:\data\caf directory?

==> I have not tired to click on the top of the ECU tree. I will try and update here.

How 'exactly' are you VO Coding - buttons and steps used?

==> For VO Coding, here's what I did:

0- update the FA as mentioned and injected it into the car

1- clicked on Read ECU (after having tried read SVT but received the error message "Generate SVT_ist failed" with a pop up window titled "PSdZ Error". After clicking, ECU list loaded on the left hand part with various CAFD lines with a green dot.

2- selected the first ECU (BDC_BODY3) at the top of that tree and clicked "code" on the right hand side of ESYS. A yellow pop up window showed progress and ended with a completed message. I clicked on close and I got the error list I posted above.

3- I repeated the same process for all 5 ECUs and kept receiving the same error list window.

4- I tried to right click and click on code for one of the ECU, got the same result.

No need to select all ECU, just do one to start with.

How did you extract the psdzdata and where is it located? What was the source?

==> I opened the psdzdata rar file downloaded with WINRAR and then dragged and dropped all the folders contained in there directly into the folder called psdzdata in the C://data path. I had a previous version of psdzdata there before so I deleted all the folders there before doing the drag and drop.

What i-step are you on?

==> My installed version is 11/2020.64

I don't use 3.27.1. I use 3.36.2 so there may be variances in what I describe and what you see.

==> I'm happy to try with 3.36.2 if you think it can solve the issue.

(Apologies for missing quotes, I'm sending this from my phone)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 02:23 AM   #61
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

It sounds like the process is good, but you were not 'correctly' connected to the car when you attempted the code. That or the psdzdata has an issue.

Personally I'd uninstall esys and delete your data\psdzdata folder.

Install esys 3.36.2 - this won't fix the issue, but no harm in using it.
Make sure data\psdzdata is deleted. Re-download 4.28.41 and extract it into c:\data. Check the size of the extracted folder, and make sure swe etc is directly underneath psdzdata. Not data\psdzdata\psdzdata or something like that

Start the car in diag mode, and connect to S18A_20_11_570. Don't use DIRECT.

Read FA, Read ECU. Click on SVT at the top of the tree, right-click and do 'Read all coding data'

Check your CAF directory has all the ncd for all ECU including those that you need to code.

Click on cafd_7083 under BDC_BODY3, or just BDC_BODY3, right-click and choose 'Code'. No chance of clicking on 'Code Defaults' using that method

Are you using an ethernet to OBD2 cable?

If that doesn't work, put your old FA back and try the process again. it wont change anything but will determine if thats related.

If it works then code the rest. If you want to remove 8TR to enable lane change assist, then you might as well do that before VO Coding HU_MGU, SAS and BDC, once you know it works.

You won't be able to do any FDL coding of course - you'll need either BC or esysx depending on the ECU you are coding.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2021, 03:34 AM   #62
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It sounds like the process is good, but you were not 'correctly' connected to the car when you attempted the code. That or the psdzdata has an issue.

Personally I'd uninstall esys and delete your data\psdzdata folder.

Install esys 3.36.2 - this won't fix the issue, but no harm in using it.
Make sure data\psdzdata is deleted. Re-download 4.28.41 and extract it into c:\data. Check the size of the extracted folder, and make sure swe etc is directly underneath psdzdata. Not data\psdzdata\psdzdata or something like that

Start the car in diag mode, and connect to S18A_20_11_570. Don't use DIRECT.

Read FA, Read ECU. Click on SVT at the top of the tree, right-click and do 'Read all coding data'

Check your CAF directory has all the ncd for all ECU including those that you need to code.

Click on cafd_7083 under BDC_BODY3, or just BDC_BODY3, right-click and choose 'Code'. No chance of clicking on 'Code Defaults' using that method

Are you using an ethernet to OBD2 cable?

If that doesn't work, put your old FA back and try the process again. it wont change anything but will determine if thats related.

If it works then code the rest. If you want to remove 8TR to enable lane change assist, then you might as well do that before VO Coding HU_MGU, SAS and BDC, once you know it works.

You won't be able to do any FDL coding of course - you'll need either BC or esysx depending on the ECU you are coding.
Great, will do exactly that and report back.

FYI- I'm using a Mac with bootcamp and windows 10 Pro. I'm using the OBD yellow cable and an Ethernet to USB-C adapter.

I previously had issues getting the car recognized by ESYS but that was because I used VMware and Parallels as virtual machines. With Bootcamp, it works just fine but I'm getting somewhat limited with the partition size (created a Windows partition of 120Gb) and with ISTA download and install, most of it is gone.

I'll delete the psdzdata and uninstall ESYS + reinstall the latest of both and try again.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 04:12 AM   #63
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Great, will do exactly that and report back.

FYI- I'm using a Mac with bootcamp and windows 10 Pro. I'm using the OBD yellow cable and an Ethernet to USB-C adapter.

I previously had issues getting the car recognized by ESYS but that was because I used VMware and Parallels as virtual machines. With Bootcamp, it works just fine but I'm getting somewhat limited with the partition size (created a Windows partition of 120Gb) and with ISTA download and install, most of it is gone.

I'll delete the psdzdata and uninstall ESYS + reinstall the latest of both and try again.
Thats the same setup i have but I just use bootcamp for programming (with ICOM Next). It needs a much bigger partition for ISTA with SDP for programming. Just make sure esys is using your data\psdzdata (light) folder. I assume it is the light version of psdzdata?

Vmware fusion works fine in macOS for esys/esysx coding with a standard ethernet/usb-c to OBD2 cable.

Can be finicky connectivity wise if you switch between ISTA connections. Don't use ISTA during the esys coding session is the best bet. Restart and use one or the other
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #64
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

I'm glad to report that it worked fine with 0 errors this time.

I can't pinpoint where was the issue but I :
- uninstalled ESYS 3.27.1
- deleted the psdzdata folder altogether
- installed ESYS 3.36.2
- extracted the latest psdzdata light directly into C://data
- got the car in diagnostic mode
- connected the car
- read all code from the top of the SVT Tree

One more step to do: FDL Code the values in KAFAS4 but I'll need ESYSX for that.

And then, I'll start the process again to remove 8TR and get the change lane assist that's deactivated because of the color donington.

Thanks ifr for your help - much appreciated.
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50
      04-12-2021, 10:20 AM   #65
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'm glad to report that it worked fine with 0 errors this time.

I can't pinpoint where was the issue but I :
- uninstalled ESYS 3.27.1
- deleted the psdzdata folder altogether
- installed ESYS 3.36.2
- extracted the latest psdzdata light directly into C://data
- got the car in diagnostic mode
- connected the car
- read all code from the top of the SVT Tree

One more step to do: FDL Code the values in KAFAS4 but I'll need ESYSX for that.

And then, I'll start the process again to remove 8TR and get the change lane assist that's deactivated because of the color donington.

Thanks ifr for your help - much appreciated.
no problem.

you can do the lane change easily with just esys. Remove 8TR from FA and VO code HU_MGU, SAS3 and BDC (7083).

I'll be interested to see what differences the color makes. I guess its a reflection issue on the side cameras?

My MY19 sapphire black was blocked from using LCA due to an 'older hardware issue'. it's worked perfectly for 2 years!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 03:32 AM   #66
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
no problem.

you can do the lane change easily with just esys. Remove 8TR from FA and VO code HU_MGU, SAS3 and BDC (7083).

I'll be interested to see what differences the color makes. I guess its a reflection issue on the side cameras?

My MY19 sapphire black was blocked from using LCA due to an 'older hardware issue'. it's worked perfectly for 2 years!
I've done just that over this weekend.

I have just driven a few kms so far but haven't been able to get the lane change assist to work so far...

I'm not sure what difference it really makes and why this is decoded for some colours. I thought it was only for the donington gray - Did your sapphire black also come with 8TR ?
Appreciate 0