Deja011
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdulllh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
For anyone that updates their software to 3/2020.40 or above, you must do the following to activate anti-dazzle:

(1) Remove 5AP and VO Code BDC, HU_MGU, Kafas and both FLMs; and

(2) FDL Code the following in Kafas 40F9:

COUNTRY_VARIATION Europe_RC [01]
C_FLA_BS_ENTER_THRESH Rest of world [03]
C_FLA_BS_EXIT_THRESH: Rest of world [02]

can someone explain number 2
I don't know where to start, can someone record a video explanation for it please
Hi Abdullh,

Do some search and clear your basics before even touching anything on your car. If you are not sure what you are doing my advice don't touch as there is lot of potential to brick your car. We are here to help but not to help brick your car. Refer to the starters guide and then take tiny steps.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 09:41 PM   #90
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
For anyone that updates their software to 3/2020.40 or above, you must do the following to activate anti-dazzle:

can someone explain number 2
I don't know where to start, can someone record a video explanation for it please
Do you know what FDL coding is, versus VO coding? If not, that's your first research step, read all you can online.

Do you have ESysX (not just ESys) of a version modern enough to map whatever your ISTEP is? If not, that's your next research step. Assuming you'll decide to continue, you will need ESysX.

Once you understand above two items, the step 2 instructions will be obvious.
      08-10-2021, 10:29 PM   #91
Abdulllh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Do you know what FDL coding is, versus VO coding? If not, that's your first research step, read all you can online.

Do you have ESysX (not just ESys) of a version modern enough to map whatever your ISTEP is? If not, that's your next research step. Assuming you'll decide to continue, you will need ESysX.

I read about VO coding already and I don't have Esysx I have Esys with launcher pro
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 10:33 PM   #92
Abdulllh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja011 View Post
Hi Abdullh,

Do some search and clear your basics before even touching anything on your car. If you are not sure what you are doing my advice don't touch as there is lot of potential to brick your car. We are here to help but not to help brick your car. Refer to the starters guide and then take tiny steps.
bro I learn from my mistakes I bricked my car once with bimmercode
that's why I'm asking for a video explanation now
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 11:00 PM   #93
Abdulllh
Rep

Quote:

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/...d=504038669462

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/...d=504038669457

Last edited by Abdulllh; 08-10-2021 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #94
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/...d=504038669462

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/...d=504038669457
Links don't work, being redirected to that service's home page. Probably need an account, which I, personally, won't be getting just to satisfy my curiosity of what is at those links :-).
      11-25-2021, 04:39 PM   #95
tokolossi
Private
Rep

Hi experts,

I did follow your guidance on coding the anti-dazzle feature but get stuck with the FDL.

I did remove 5AP and VO coded the mentioned SVTs. I read all coding data (from the top of the SVT tree) and went into the FDL editor and opened the *40F9*.NCD after clicking on "FDL Code" in the coding section.
My issue is I don't get the cheat codes displayed even I got the "Auto fetch" on. In the window it says "0 codes found for this ECU" in red. Any idea what went wrong?

I use ESYS 3.28 with PSdZData 4.33.32 and the Premium Launcher 2.8.2 Build 155.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 05:59 PM   #96
tokolossi
Private
Rep

I see that I don't get the proper functions displayed while editing the ncd file for 40F9. Can this be from a faulty PSdZData file? I did not get any error while VO coding nor reading the code from the KAFAS4 module.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 01:28 AM   #97
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
So I have completed:

Remove 5AP

(4) Right Click on the ECU titled BDC_Body3 and select "Code". You need to right click on the master folder, not the CAFD file underneath you select when selecting for FDL coding.

(5) Do the same procedure for KAFAS, HU_MGU and both FLM ECUs.

However when I try to complete the below the Edit is greyed out so I cannot change the Werte values.

KAFAS [40F9]:
C_FLA_BS_ENTER_THRESH: Rest of world [03]
C_FLA_BS_EXIT_THRESH: Rest of world [03]
C_FLA_CC_MESSAGE_3: no_CC_message [00]
C_FLA_US_SENSITIVITY_MODE: Normal [00]

Hello,

I did VO coding for the modules, however when I go to KAFAS to code FDL, I cannot find these params (COUNTRY_VARIATION, C_FLA_BS_ENTER_THRESH, C_FLA_BS_EXIT_THRESH). Where exactly are they located? Search in ESYS doesn't find anything either

Update:
Looks like esys launcher doesn't map pzdata correctly. Installed updated version (pzdata light, new launcher) - problem still exists. I don't see param names, only numbers.

Last edited by mlurker; 12-21-2021 at 03:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 03:39 PM   #98
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
For everyone having trouble with FDL coding, the reason no one is responding to you about still using Launcher Pro is because most of us are tired of it and it has been discussed ad nauseam across most forums (including here).

In summary, the current (as of Dec 2021) chaotic situation is:

- Launcher Pro is dead for G05 onwards — don't try to use it, don't try to acquire it, you will be wasting yours and everyone else's time and money trying to do so

- ESysX is really the only remaining FDL coding option, BUT …

- ESysX development (including keeping up with the mappings) has been derailed for a few months now due to the death of one of the developers; however, the remaining ESysX team appears to have regrouped and is progressing on a cloud-based ESysX variant; that is not in general release yet and it is not clear when it will be, but it is in active development
      12-22-2021, 08:18 PM   #99
temoore48
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 4.5e

Garage List
2022 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
For everyone having trouble with FDL coding, the reason no one is responding to you about still using Launcher Pro is because most of us are tired of it and it has been discussed ad nauseam across most forums (including here).

- Launcher Pro is dead for G05 onwards — don't try to use it, don't try to acquire it, you will be wasting yours and everyone else's time and money trying to do so

- ESysX development (including keeping up with the mappings) has been derailed for a few months now due to the death of one of the developers; however, the remaining ESysX team appears to have regrouped and is progressing on a cloud-based ESysX variant; that is not in general release yet and it is not clear when it will be, but it is in active development
Quote:

I used to do my own coding, but with my new G05, I was hesitant. This company offers as many coded features for a flat $100. They do it remotely and are truly professional. I had my car coded for many things including anti-dazzle, automatic speed limit changes for acc and a lot more when I first got it in Oct.
I lost a few key things with the recent I-Drive update and an having them recoded tonight. They insist on recoding everything that was originally done to make sure everything functions. They will do a recode for $50.00. Great value and Superior customer service. My contact is Steve Ma, steve.ma@cmbsolutionsltd.com. I have no connection with them other than being a very satisfied customer. And everything works! https://www.codemybimmer.ca/g-chassis-coding/
Heimdall136.50
      12-23-2021, 01:45 PM   #100
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:

Thanks for the summary. It looks like now it's not possible to buy a license for ESysX.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 08:16 PM   #101
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:

I beg to differ. I use LauncherPro and it works great. I'm on the latest version of iDrive. You can get LP from other sources other than TM. I also understand there's a Chinese version which others have claimed works just as good as EsysX. I got a supported version of LP from another user on the forum. Support is great because I had a minor challenge during installation and the developer was quick to get on a remote session to fix the issue on my machine. That said the copy I have has all the mappings and I was able to code out everything I needed. Just thought I'd chim in to correct any misconceptions around LauncherPro.

Edit: I immediately disabled remote software upgrade as I have no plans of upgrading only to recode my car again. My car is on 11/21.50
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 09:24 PM   #102
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
Quote:

I beg to differ. I use LauncherPro and it works great. I'm on the latest version of iDrive. You can get LP from other sources other than TM. I also understand there's a Chinese version which others have claimed works just as good as EsysX. I got a supported version of LP from another user on the forum. Support is great because I had a minor challenge during installation and the developer was quick to get on a remote session to fix the issue on my machine. That said the copy I have has all the mappings and I was able to code out everything I needed. Just thought I'd chim in to correct any misconceptions around LauncherPro.

Edit: I immediately disabled remote software upgrade as I have no plans of upgrading only to recode my car again. My car is on 11/21.50
Good luck. You are certainly welcome to provide Launcher Pro support to those willing to try it.
      12-23-2021, 09:40 PM   #103
Sample
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/G05 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:

I see that Launcher Pro 2.8.2 doesn't work for FDL coding. But does it work if you just need to do VO Coding?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 09:41 PM   #104
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample View Post
Quote:

I see that Launcher Pro 2.8.2 doesn't work for FDL coding. But does it work if you just need to do VO Coding?
You don't need any launcher for pure VO coding. ESys alone.
      12-23-2021, 10:18 PM   #105
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good luck. You are certainly welcome to provide Launcher Pro support to those willing to try it.
Maybe you should try reading my post again - I'm not providing support. My point is that it is available. Other developers have picked up where TM left off. Such community efforts should be commended and promoted IMO.

Just saying one shouldn't make a blanket statement that LP is dead. Perhaps yes from the perspective of TM. Some of us still use the ongoing development and it works (a quick search on the forum has others reporting use of "newer version" of LP.) I've FDL coded a bunch of stuff on my car with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 10:21 PM   #106
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample View Post
Quote:

Esys is fine. If you scroll through you'd see my post with VO coding outlined for anti-dazzle. It's straight forward and easy.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 11:34 PM   #107
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe you should try reading my post again - I'm not providing support. My point is that it is available. Other developers have picked up where TM left off. Such community efforts should be commended and promoted IMO.

Just saying one shouldn't make a blanket statement that LP is dead. Perhaps yes from the perspective of TM. Some of us still use the ongoing development and it works (a quick search on the forum has others reporting use of "newer version" of LP.) I've FDL coded a bunch of stuff on my car with it.
Ok, I will investigate further. It sure would be good to have more than one *reliable* source as it is clear single sources are vulnerable. But …

Did TM release his code and signing system into open source? If not, how is it possible for others to carry on his work? If not, calling the alternate developments by the same name is just adding to the already massive amounts of chaos around this.
      12-24-2021, 12:09 AM   #108
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, I will investigate further. It sure would be good to have more than one *reliable* source as it is clear single sources are vulnerable. But …

Did TM release his code and signing system into open source? If not, how is it possible for others to carry on his work? If not, calling the alternate developments by the same name is just adding to the already massive amounts of chaos around this.
You ask really good questions -- which are trivial to a "working solution" for LP. I don't see much of a confusion here. TM is gone - at least for now. But until TM resurfaces, LP is still "working" - just not from TM.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 12:13 AM   #109
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You ask really good questions -- which are trivial to a "working solution" for LP. I don't see much of a confusion here. TM is gone - at least for now. But until TM resurfaces, LP is still "working" - just not from TM.
Unfortunately such a casual approach to versioning is unworkable. When someone asks why their "LP" is not working, it is not optional to know exactly which launcher and ESys software they are using, which psdzdata, their car build date code and their original software version, their current car software version, and quite a few other things. Using words like "newer LP", etc. is not viable.
      02-16-2022, 10:59 PM   #110
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Can it be done with Carly for BMW?
Appreciate 0