nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maczrool View Post
Has it been determined whether 22s or earlier will have UWB capability for the contactless digital key?
that's a negative
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #112
Axxlrod
Dude man
Rep
Drives: X5/X7/Acura NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Well sheesh. I didn't know all those criteria had to be met.

When I tried to connect the card, the engine was running and only one fob was inside the car.

I'll try it again with both of those items in check.

Thanks.
That worked. Key card is now active. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2021, 02:56 PM   #113
SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
That worked. Key card is now active. Thanks!
Excellent! Don't forget to add the key card to your profile on the iDrive.
      09-23-2021, 05:46 PM   #114
mellowman13
Rep
Drives: 540i touring, X5 45e to come

To set up the digital key, strictly DON'T follow the intructions
Don't start the process within the car's menu, use the myBMW app instead. Use the "Digital key"-menu.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 07:38 PM   #115
SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maczrool View Post
Has it been determined whether 22s or earlier will have UWB capability for the contactless digital key?
that's a negative
Looks like car will need an UWB antenna as oppose to current NFC antenna:

https://www.bmw.com/en/innovation/bm...-wideband.html
      09-24-2021, 06:30 AM   #116
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

My 2022 was delivered with the digital key card. It will open and start the car. Seems like a good backup in situation where you forgot or lost your key FOB.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 01:59 AM   #117
Urban
Rep
Drives: X6 30d G06

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper2608 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzih8u View Post
Nobody has figured out any ways yet to upgrade from DK1.0 to 2.0 to get iPhone compatibility?
My understanding is that BMW might think on managing the upgrade after the end of current Android support around October this year for existing customer.

My car was build a month before the official upgrade to DK2.0

I am chasing on a regular basis my dealer to get his input and pushing him to keep asking about this.
BMW probably won't update the old version of the digital key. Perhaps there are technical limitations, otherwise they would have already done it
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 09:22 PM   #118
Quaze22
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5-45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Nobody will use it? Hmmm.

Even if it's the same, it means you can use your iPhone and/or Watch, rather than a smartcard.
yeah... it would have been cool if you could just have your phone in your pocket and you walk up to your car and it unlocks. Instead you have to pull it out or use faceid/touchid/apple watch password and tap it on the handle to work. Then you gotta put it on the tray to crank the engine. it's cumbersome, and doing a whole lot of extra work. hell using the digital key is easier than using the phone. I understand this is more a limitation on apple's end than BMW's but still I was excited about this feature, but now I'm just like meh too much work.

you're right, its an extra method to negotiate your vehicle. but honestly nobody here is gonna use this regularly for the amount of outrage over which MY2020 builds will get or not get this feature.
Just activated this. I don't need to unlock the phone—just hold it to the handle. It will be convenient when I've left my keys in the house—which I often do, because they're too big for my pants pocket. But, other than that, you're right—it add steps to getting rolling. The proximity key is better—if you have big pockets, or a purse.
Appreciate 1
thereef5101163.00
      11-09-2021, 02:42 AM   #119
Urban
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaze22 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Even if it's the same, it means you can use your iPhone and/or Watch, rather than a smartcard.
yeah... it would have been cool if you could just have your phone in your pocket and you walk up to your car and it unlocks. Instead you have to pull it out or use faceid/touchid/apple watch password and tap it on the handle to work. Then you gotta put it on the tray to crank the engine. it's cumbersome, and doing a whole lot of extra work. hell using the digital key is easier than using the phone. I understand this is more a limitation on apple's end than BMW's but still I was excited about this feature, but now I'm just like meh too much work.

you're right, its an extra method to negotiate your vehicle. but honestly nobody here is gonna use this regularly for the amount of outrage over which MY2020 builds will get or not get this feature.
Just activated this. I don't need to unlock the phone—just hold it to the handle. It will be convenient when I've left my keys in the house—which I often do, because they're too big for my pants pocket. But, other than that, you're right—it add steps to getting rolling. The proximity key is better—if you have big pockets, or a purse.
Is there any news about the launch on android? I found an interesting description on the Russian Samsung's website.
Attached Images

Last edited by Urban; 11-09-2021 at 03:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 03:08 AM   #120
Urban
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaze22 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Is there any news about the launch on android? I found an interesting description on the Russian Samsung's website.
Digital key classic users can forget about using their smartphone as a key.

https://www.bmw.com/en-au/offers-and...gital-key.html
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 10:10 AM   #121
westan01
Registered
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 45e

Smile Adding DK1.5 to CD account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
How are you going to add DK 1.5 to your iPhone? That's the backend change that is required as the DK1.5 is provisioned via the ConnectedDrive app, and that is determined by the VIN and associated build date of the vehicle linked to you CD account.
Hi IFR, any latest update from BMW about retrofit by DK1.5 so that iphone can be used instead.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 10:18 AM   #122
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by westan01 View Post
Hi IFR, any latest update from BMW about retrofit by DK1.5 so that iphone can be used instead.
what's the issue? do you see the Digital Key tile on the home page of your MyBMW app or in iDrive?
Digital Key for iPhone works:
- for G05 built since July 2020
- if you have a compatible iPhone
- if you have Comfort Access
**Digital Key could be country/market-dependent
Attached Images
File Type: pdf GSG_DigitalKey.pdf (10.37 MB, 750 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 12:37 AM   #123
Urban
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by westan01 View Post
Quote:
How are you going to add DK 1.5 to your iPhone? That's the backend change that is required as the DK1.5 is provisioned via the ConnectedDrive app, and that is determined by the VIN and associated build date of the vehicle linked to you CD account.
+1

I wonder too.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 05:05 PM   #124
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1879953
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 06:35 PM   #125
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

BMW Connected says my phone isn't compatible, yet it's an S21+

Rob
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 06:10 AM   #126
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
ifr ,

I found your explanation very informative, but do have a question.

Is there a hardware difference between Smart Access 1.0 & 1.5?

I am curious because my car has a build date of June 19, but has software version 07/2021.40 and my Android Samsung S21+, running Android 12.0, can work anytime a payment device displays the Apple tap & pay logo; finally, the myBMW app on my phone is version 1.7.2 (11196), BUT doesn't have Digital Key panel. My thought is that this panel is not there because of car's build date

Would appreciate your assistance

Thanks

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 01:43 PM   #127
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Quote:
Have you read my OP?

The reasons why this is not being made available are stated, and it's not hardware AFAIA. BMW have stated that they are considering retrofit to earlier models which wouldn't be a consideration if there was a hard block.

Yes, it can be coded at the car. BMW have made a retrofit coding bundle available for pre MY21, so it can be done using esys only with no FDL coding. They won't make available until the Samsung incompatibility issue is addressed one way or another.

To enable Smart Access 1.5 at the car add SMAC to FA (HO-WORT), calculate FP and check the 'Aftermarket fitment' section.
It should list SMAC_Activation_Smart_Access_1.5'.
Then VO code HU_MGU and BDC 7083.

It won't work unless you have DK1.5 on your Apple device, but is backwards compatible with the BMW NFC card, and you will be able to see the new menu etc.
Sorry to revive such an old thread but do you have any screenshots or even basic steps on "To enable Smart Access 1.5 at the car add SMAC to FA (HO-WORT)"?

I've got E-Sys 3.40.2 and latest launcher but in FA-Editor when I right-click HO-Wort and try to add new, it always adds a blank item I cannot edit. I'm clearly doing something wrong.
Appreciate 0