dwlc83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlc83 View Post
Thank you for the response. I've never ordered from Ali express and honestly seems confusing. You think it was worth it? Any other source to get them from?
Looking and reading the reviews on that seller on aliexpress, they are fake reviews. lol

I sent a message vi messenger that's linked on their site. They responded asking me to send a separate message through WhatsApp with the information. Seemed very strange to me. Ignored after that. Why would they do that. If spamming, does WhatsApp give them information messenger doesn't?

I can't say for sure that these people are crooks, but people should use caution IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 12:24 PM   #90
otommytruongo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 g05

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlc83 View Post
Thank you for the response. I've never ordered from Ali express and honestly seems confusing. You think it was worth it? Any other source to get them from?
no other source, aliexpress have best deal and trust me they are very good quality. fitment is 100%, it def worth the 700
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 07:26 PM   #91
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

You can get them for $600 shipped, I finished the front door on the driver side, it was not bad, it should not take more than an hour, with instructions it can be done much faster.

This is what it looks like after having the cover in place. I have labeled in red the OEM glued "rivets" that I used a drill to remove, it is a very efficient approach. In blue, you have the screws you have to remove and there is another screw not in the picture you have to remove as well. In green, I have labeled the connector you have to disconnect and connect to one of the included Y-shaped cables, that cable will be used for your tweeter and also to connect to another Y-shaped cable. The second daisy chained Y-shaped cable will connect to the speaker and to the connector that was originally disconnected in green in the picture.

Also covered the B&W logo with Focal Inside. I am looking for 3 more Focal Inside metal stickers, let me know if you are willing to part with yours.
Attached Images

Last edited by silverstar335; 10-31-2021 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
Forgiven121.50
      11-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #92
GermanG05
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5 G05, A4 B9 Avant

How are the frequencies separated on the X5 w/ HK? Does the amp or an OEM equalizer separate the Fred's. I have a pristine set of Focal 3way speakers that I'd like to install.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 11:59 AM   #93
statop
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Can anyone confirm that the covers from aliexpress have the proper spelling of “Wilkins” on them? And not “wlikins”

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

@Mr.Pringle can you post a link to where you got them from?

Actually, looking at some pictures posted here, it does say “wlikins”… wish they would just make it without the logo.

Last edited by statop; 11-26-2021 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 04:21 AM   #94
Mr.Pringle
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 50d

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus2002 View Post
My pleasure. My BMW came with Hi-Fi speakers, so I don't have the option of changing the colors individually, but I have no complaints. I haven't bought the center cover yet. My plan was to purchase those covers individually, first to try them out and make sure that I could install and like the outcome, but it would be on my to do list.
Attachment 2516605
One more questions. Did the kit come with specific color speakers? how else are they lighting up the cone?
They have LED's inside the cover, the connect to the ambient lighting so it's the colour you set it to.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 09:24 AM   #95
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar335 View Post
I have labeled in red the OEM glued "rivets" that I used a drill to remove, it is a very efficient approach. In blue, you have the screws you have to remove and there is another screw not in the picture you have to remove as well.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but what I see are 7/8 cross head screws highlighted red and 4 torx screw heads highlighted in blue?

I've also highlighted in purple what I think are the plastic rivets that require removal but could be wrong? Someone also mentioned that part of it is glued?

I'm going to be having a go myself in the coming few weeks (providing my chuffing car finally turns up at the dealer) so any additional light you can shed on the install process would be appreciated.

Edit: Photo removed
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.

Last edited by Makefish; 01-30-2022 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 10:06 AM   #96
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep

Someone mentioned that to get the lighting operable for the centre speaker that the dashboard trim needed to be removed, does anyone have a link or description on how to do this?
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 12:41 PM   #97
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
Quote:
I have labeled in red the OEM glued "rivets" that I used a drill to remove, it is a very efficient approach. In blue, you have the screws you have to remove and there is another screw not in the picture you have to remove as well.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but what I see are 7/8 cross head screws highlighted red and 4 torx screw heads highlighted in blue?

I've also highlighted in purple what I think are the plastic rivets that require removal but could be wrong? Someone also mentioned that part of it is glued?

I'm going to be having a go myself in the coming few weeks (providing my chuffing car finally turns up at the dealer) so any additional light you can shed on the install process would be appreciated.
You don't need to remove any of those plastic rivets you have highlighted in purple, that is not required at all.

What I have highlighted in red are the locations where you would have to drill the plastic rivets out and replace them with the screws that come with the speaker covers.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 05:05 PM   #98
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You don't need to remove any of those plastic rivets you have highlighted in purple, that is not required at all.

What I have highlighted in red are the locations where you would have to drill the plastic rivets out and replace them with the screws that come with the speaker covers.
That makes sense, thank you.

Last edited by Makefish; 01-28-2022 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 07:05 PM   #99
Maverick1776
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pringle View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My pleasure. My BMW came with Hi-Fi speakers, so I don't have the option of changing the colors individually, but I have no complaints. I haven't bought the center cover yet. My plan was to purchase those covers individually, first to try them out and make sure that I could install and like the outcome, but it would be on my to do list.
Attachment 2516605
One more questions. Did the kit come with specific color speakers? how else are they lighting up the cone?
They have LED's inside the cover, the connect to the ambient lighting so it's the colour you set it to.
Love the result! Did you happen to check with BMW to see what the factory versions cost to order? Would you mind posting the link to the kit you purchased? There's a few options on there that I see
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 12:55 PM   #100
Mr.Pringle
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 50d

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1776 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pringle View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Attachment 2516605
Love the result! Did you happen to check with BMW to see what the factory versions cost to order? Would you mind posting the link to the kit you purchased? There's a few options on there that I see
Sure I got these ones, without the speakers.

7 069,79 руб. 40% Off | LED For BMW G05 X5 G07 X7 Series Front Rear Door Glow Tweeter Cover Luminous Night Lighting Trim speaker Audio Speaker Horn
https://a.aliexpress.com/_AdRA3B

I got given a price of $4,500 for the original BW fitted. The issue is that for this price you can get a much better audio system such as Blam or ground zero and end up which a better sound for around $3,000.
Appreciate 1
hiki08173.50
      03-07-2022, 12:20 PM   #101
ofgrind
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 2020 xdrive 50i

Quote:
Great to hear that from another Engineer.

as for the middle speaker light , if you want, i can send you an email of video instruction on how to remove the dash trim and bridge from there, i got the video from the seller . let me know and i will forward to you. thanks again.
hello, can you share how to conect the middle spaker light ? i dont see any conecctions.
thank you!

also first post! great forum. my first bmw
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 04:33 PM   #102
ofgrind
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Someone mentioned that to get the lighting operable for the centre speaker that the dashboard trim needed to be removed, does anyone have a link or description on how to do this?
hi, any luck findind the solution ?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #103
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofgrind View Post
hi, any luck findind the solution ?
All I have is a few photos sent to me from a third party. Hope this helps when taking it on!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 02:53 PM   #104
ofgrind
Registered
Rep

thank you! i will try it
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 02:20 PM   #105
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm hoping someone can help me with the install of the speaker covers, I'm not quite sure how much of the plastic rivet requires removing i.e. can you get away with drilling the middle or does it require something more drastic?

I've circled in white an example rivet so can anyone pass on some advice as to what size drill bit is needed or a suggestion on another tool or method?

Any info on this process would really help as I'm concerned about making an expecnsive mistake!

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 02:55 PM   #106
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm hoping someone can help me with the install of the speaker covers, I'm not quite sure how much of the plastic rivet requires removing i.e. can you get away with drilling the middle or does it require something more drastic?

I've circled in white an example rivet so can anyone pass on some advice as to what size drill bit is needed or a suggestion on another tool or method?

Any info on this process would really help as I'm concerned about making an expecnsive mistake!

Thanks in advance.
You don't need to remove what circled in white, you need to drill out about 8 rivets, also I found its easer to remove light strip assembly and small decorative piece just next to the speaker together.
So basically you unscrew about 6 screws and undo about 8 rivets and assembly will come off.

Hope this helps

p.s. don't be too afraid if you drill out extra rivet, not huge deal, just don't go too hard drilling
Appreciate 1
Makefish118.50
      03-21-2022, 03:09 PM   #107
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
You don't need to remove what circled in white, you need to drill out about 8 rivets, also I found its easer to remove light strip assembly and small decorative piece just next to the speaker together.
So basically you unscrew about 6 screws and undo about 8 rivets and assembly will come off.

Hope this helps

p.s. don't be too afraid if you drill out extra rivet, not huge deal, just don't go too hard drilling
Thank you for the response but can you clear up what needs removing, is it just a case of drilling the centre (highlted red) or do you have to remove the outer "ring" (arrowed in blue)........... or am I missing the point completely?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 03:12 PM   #108
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Thank you for the response but can you clear up what needs removing, is it just a case of drilling the centre (highlted red) or do you have to remove the outer "ring" (arrowed in blue)........... or am I missing the point completely?
kinda both, you drilling in to you old cover (which you can't reuse after the drilling) get the drill bit same size or little smaller than the rivet, once you start drilling it will come loose, you'll see.

sometimes you just need to try for yourself
Appreciate 1
Makefish118.50
      03-21-2022, 08:27 PM   #109
silverstar335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
You should only drill through what I had circled in red, nothing else. I would start with a 3/16 and then move to a 7/32. You may need a 1/4 as well. Alternatively, you could just use a 7/32.
Appreciate 1
Makefish118.50
      03-21-2022, 10:28 PM   #110
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
You can get them for $600 shipped, I finished the front door on the driver side, it was not bad, it should not take more than an hour, with instructions it can be done much faster.

This is what it looks like after having the cover in place. I have labeled in red the OEM glued "rivets" that I used a drill to remove, it is a very efficient approach. In blue, you have the screws you have to remove and there is another screw not in the picture you have to remove as well. In green, I have labeled the connector you have to disconnect and connect to one of the included Y-shaped cables, that cable will be used for your tweeter and also to connect to another Y-shaped cable. The second daisy chained Y-shaped cable will connect to the speaker and to the connector that was originally disconnected in green in the picture.

Also covered the B&W logo with Focal Inside. I am looking for 3 more Focal Inside metal stickers, let me know if you are willing to part with yours.
Debating about purchasing the set from Ali, but I think I am in the same boat as the guy above this post. I'd be a bit afraid to drill, but I'd probably do it with the proper guidance..

Question though, in this post, you mentioned that RED goes for the rivets which you drilled out, while BLUE are screws... Am I not seeing/looking at this correctly? It looks like the BLUE are indeed screws, what look like torx maybe...but the RED look like screws too, philips it appears... Am I wrong in my RED assumption? just curious if its my eyes that are going at this age or what LOL

Unless, the torx like looking screws in BLUE are in fact the rivets that need to be drilled out?
Appreciate 0