Bejoseed
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 M Comp

21 X5 M Comp Fender Side Grill

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have a 6/21 production X5 M Comp that I have roughly 250 miles on. The front fender side grills are coming off of the body from the bottom. It appears there is a weak tape on there to hold them on. At this point they need to both be replaced as the tape now has road grit on it and the plastic is warped in an upward pattern away from the body. Anyone run into this? Not sure if BMW incorrectly installed the plastic side grills or if the two sided tape failed. Either way after 3 weeks of ownership it appears they both need replacement. BMW, this shouldn't have happened! Better inspection at the factory please!!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12960.00
      07-24-2021, 01:13 PM   #2
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

No issue here, you must have gotten the team on a Friday at 5pm. At least that will be a simple fix for the dealer.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2021, 02:59 PM   #3
Aliabd91
Private First Class
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: X5 M F95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejoseed View Post
I have a 6/21 production X5 M Comp that I have roughly 250 miles on. The front fender side grills are coming off of the body from the bottom. It appears there is a weak tape on there to hold them on. At this point they need to both be replaced as the tape now has road grit on it and the plastic is warped in an upward pattern away from the body. Anyone run into this? Not sure if BMW incorrectly installed the plastic side grills or if the two sided tape failed. Either way after 3 weeks of ownership it appears they both need replacement. BMW, this shouldn't have happened! Better inspection at the factory please!!
Mine is also came out, dealer fixed it
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2021, 08:11 PM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejoseed View Post
That's what happened is China meet US. Conflicts. Haha.

Kidding aside.

It happens not only of F95 X5M.

Also happened to my F97 X3MC fender trim.

Seen a few forum members with lifting trunk badge, or crooked trunk badge.
Even one of my local customer who just picked up his freshly built X5 xDrive45e, the "xDrive45e" badges was all crooked. The "4" is higher than the rest and crooked. The "5" is lower, but straight.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2021, 12:13 PM   #5
bellabimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M F95

Same problem here I am going to use tomorrow two component glue because tape will make problems always.
Appreciate 1