Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
I finally had some time to test the CarBahn Autoworks tune with my Dragy. I did three 0-60 runs using Launch Control and my best time was 3.25 seconds. I didn't have the balls to test the 1/4 mile time.

I could have done more runs but the X5M won't let you do launch controls back to back.

Apparently the car magazines and NHRA use the 1 ft rollout time, so I ran a 3.09.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...-2-28-seconds/
Attached Images

Last edited by AwesomeM3; 07-10-2021 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Added Dragy screenshot
Appreciate 3
-cj-199.00
Mr.blue223.00
Tenac4538.50
      07-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #24
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
I finally had some time to test the CarBahn Autoworks tune with my Dragy. I did three 0-60 runs using Launch Control and my best time was 3.25 seconds. I didn't have the balls to test the 1/4 mile time.

I could have done more runs but the X5M won't let you do launch controls back to back.

Apparently the car magazines and NHRA use the 1 ft rollout time, so I ran a 3.09.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...-2-28-seconds/

That is quick ! Well done ! Do you have any bone stock times ?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 10:41 AM   #25
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test the Dragy before I had the tune installed.
      07-10-2021, 01:43 PM   #26
HZX540e
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test the Dragy before I had the tune installed.
I was in the 3.5 range with gps timing app on the phone.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 08:32 AM   #27
Wardman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5d

Quote:
Princeton BMW is an authorized CarBahn installer, although they had to remove the DME and ship it to CarBahn in California for reprogramming.

It was a short drive home, all highway driving in Comfort mode, so I didn't take notice if the exhaust note is different. I'm happy with the factory exhaust so that wasn't a concern of mine. I did notice that the throttle response is much more responsive in Comfort mode. I'm hoping to test the tune with my Draggy soon.
Interesting - I'm assuming they will work on the car without question then too? I'm not too far from them, why I ask. Can you share cost for the tune or PM me?

NM - Thompson does it too.

Last edited by Wardman; 07-16-2021 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
FLOSS M385.50
      07-26-2021, 04:43 PM   #28
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Love how the sport displays show that high.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 1
houbmw65.50
      07-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #29
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M-DCT

Whoa that's what I'm talking about!!!
AwesomeM31644.00
      07-27-2021, 01:13 PM   #30
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Wow this is jokes lol. monstaaaa
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 11:06 PM   #31
MiamiFan13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i4-e40 335i 03 Cobra,Jeep SRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
I'd really like to see a dyno numbers. Without those we are going off of programed numbers not actually rated numbers. BMW uses RPM and Throttle input to give you the dash view (it's all math). Looking forward to a dyno run!!!
Tell me about it. Publishing crank horsepower numbers is so lame it's beyond comprehension. Also, it speaks to how dumb they think their customer base is. It's understandable for manufacturers to use those numbers since, in most cases, they built the motor.

If he were selling ported heads and forged internal packages, where an engine would be OUT of the vehicle while R&D was being performed, it would make total sense. But...I'd bet there is a better chance that this tune was created while sitting on the toilet bowl than there was a chance that any motor was ever removed and put on a testing stand for this tune.

Then the question comes as to why AWHP numbers aren't given. If these numbers are to be trusted, we'd like to believe that they weren't tested on a butt-dyno when being used on $120k vehicles, but rather on a chassis dyno which would give an ACTUAL HP number rather than an estimated crank number. So why not publish those numbers? Or BOTH.

Sorry for the rant. Don't want to overshadow how amazing these trucks are and how awesome it is to be able to get so much extra HP for so cheap. So regardless of what HP numbers are published, thanks need to be given to Carbahn and the rest of the tuning community for making it possible.
Appreciate 1
Cuxelo17.00
      07-28-2021, 09:50 AM   #32
Cuxelo
Rep
Drives: G80

G-Power claims similar numbers but new hardware is required alongside the electronic tune and the cost is over $20000. Either Carbahn is too good to be true or G-Power is gouging. Can anyone speak to this difference?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 10:06 AM   #33
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuxelo View Post
G-Power claims similar numbers but new hardware is required alongside the electronic tune and the cost is over $20000. Either Carbahn is too good to be true or G-Power is gouging. Can anyone speak to this difference?
Without understanding the WHY's of need or not needing hardware no one can answer the difference. I'd like to think G-power tested and broke something and said hey we need X but without that data on why guessing is all we got.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 11:31 PM   #34
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiFan13 View Post
Quote:
I'd really like to see a dyno numbers. Without those we are going off of programed numbers not actually rated numbers. BMW uses RPM and Throttle input to give you the dash view (it's all math). Looking forward to a dyno run!!!
Tell me about it. Publishing crank horsepower numbers is so lame it's beyond comprehension. Also, it speaks to how dumb they think their customer base is. It's understandable for manufacturers to use those numbers since, in most cases, they built the motor.

If he were selling ported heads and forged internal packages, where an engine would be OUT of the vehicle while R&D was being performed, it would make total sense. But...I'd bet there is a better chance that this tune was created while sitting on the toilet bowl than there was a chance that any motor was ever removed and put on a testing stand for this tune.

Then the question comes as to why AWHP numbers aren't given. If these numbers are to be trusted, we'd like to believe that they weren't tested on a butt-dyno when being used on $120k vehicles, but rather on a chassis dyno which would give an ACTUAL HP number rather than an estimated crank number. So why not publish those numbers? Or BOTH.

Sorry for the rant. Don't want to overshadow how amazing these trucks are and how awesome it is to be able to get so much extra HP for so cheap. So regardless of what HP numbers are published, thanks need to be given to Carbahn and the rest of the tuning community for making it possible.
This is the same game Dinan plays. Or at least use to, I haven't checked in a while. Sounds like we found the originator. They claimed like 530 hp for their F80 tune, at the crank. In the small print they say the engine really puts out 475 at the crank, so the actual increase was no more than a typical jb4 map 1.
      07-29-2021, 09:04 AM   #35
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiFan13 View Post
Quote:

This is the same game Dinan plays. Or at least use to, I haven't checked in a while. Sounds like we found the originator. They claimed like 530 hp for their F80 tune, at the crank. In the small print they say the engine really puts out 475 at the crank, so the actual increase was no more than a typical jb4 map 1.
I spoke extensively to CarBahn and this tune is conservative as compared to others. I think the power numbers might be bloated , but that's likely the case for all vendors to be competitive, especially the piggy back tuners.

this tune seems to be on par with Racechip and JB map 1 performance. with that said, it's probably a better option for longevity than the piggy's since it manages air fuel, boost, etc. and not just "tricking" sensors. it also limits boost in 1st gear for better launch traction.

I chose not to get the CarBahn tune because I'm getting better 0-60 times with RC and catted D vs CB only, and CarBahn would not modify tune for DPs or CEL. id like to compare 1/4 mile and 60-130 times to see if the CB tune adds more performance at speed than the piggy.

as per G Power, they have produced some of the fastest BMW M cars. you pay a premium but adding turbos, DPs, and exhaust all paired in to a tune will be quite a performance bump. I know evolve has an f90 M5 with 1000 hp and similar mods (plus more) so if you want that level of performance,you'll need hardware upgrades and a different type of tune.
Appreciate 2
AwesomeM31644.00
Cuxelo17.00
      07-29-2021, 12:40 PM   #36
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
I spoke extensively to CarBahn and this tune is conservative as compared to others. I think the power numbers might be bloated , but that's likely the case for all vendors to be competitive, especially the piggy back tuners.

this tune seems to be on par with Racechip and JB map 1 performance. with that said, it's probably a better option for longevity than the piggy's since it manages air fuel, boost, etc. and not just "tricking" sensors. it also limits boost in 1st gear for better launch traction.

I chose not to get the CarBahn tune because I'm getting better 0-60 times with RC and catted D vs CB only, and CarBahn would not modify tune for DPs or CEL. id like to compare 1/4 mile and 60-130 times to see if the CB tune adds more performance at speed than the piggy.

as per G Power, they have produced some of the fastest BMW M cars. you pay a premium but adding turbos, DPs, and exhaust all paired in to a tune will be quite a performance bump. I know evolve has an f90 M5 with 1000 hp and similar mods (plus more) so if you want that level of performance,you'll need hardware upgrades and a different type of tune.
It's just sad my ECU is locked and to this day no tuner has cracked it

https://www.manhart-performance.de/e...ked-bosch-ecu/
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0