Aziz679
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6M competition 2020

X6MC reviews! HELP!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Greetings!

I have been offered a very good deal on a 2020 X6MC and i was wondering if anyone has had any major issues or comments in regards of the vehichle.
( stiff ride, any flap issues, causes of CEL,..etc) and how durable the car is. Planning on using the car as a daily driver.
Thank you very much in advance
Currently an owner of a w213 E63S
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #2
-Vanguard-
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M Competition

What flap issues?

This is the newest iteration of BMW's TT v8 and its built like tank. It will probably be the last TT V8 to even be put into an M car before the next gen gets electrified.

The ride isn't as stiff as people complain. I was just in an X7 rental this week, for business trip, and it had the air suspension. It wasn't much softer than my X6MC on comfort. Now that I finally experienced the air suspension, I am super happy BMW doesn't put it in their true M cars like AMG does. Its super floaty and not worth the tiny level of comfort it adds. If you put the suspension in sport or sport plus...I suggest you make sure the road will be smooth or wear a mouth guard because your teeth will rattle lol. My M1 and M2 modes are both set to comfort for suspension. Its seriously no joke at sport and truly meant for a race track or very, very smooth back roads. BMW doesn't fuck around with their M suspensions. They thing will track like a beast in sport, better than any SUV deserves to.

I can tell you one annoying thing...the body is stiff. Its very stiff due to the extra bracing the competition gets. The the draw back will be lots of creeks and rattles tend to develop as a result of the tightness. Mainly around the parts that articulate...doors and trunk.

At 3000 miles now in just 7 weeks of owning the car, I just started getting the notorious driver's door creak when I have the window rolled all the way up. Its a known issue and BMW usually replaces the seals or treats them with some chemical. The car is still settling and these noises will come and go. If its in warranty you can always take it in and have them fix it. They are almost exclusively the doors and trunk.

Last edited by -Vanguard-; 08-04-2021 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 3
155ND905.50
Cuxelo17.00