BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-01-2021, 08:09 PM   #45
millim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
We have the Graco DLX 4ever and I always recommend installing the car seat in the middle unless you have to have 2 car seats then one goes to the side and one stays in the middle. Right now there is plenty of room for 2 passengers to sit comfortably in the back next to the car seat on each side.

Also, no latch to be used and only seat belt. We have kept our 2 year old rear facing and plan on doing that until he is at least 3 or even 3.5 maybe…basically until he starts protesting it. I take no chances with my baby boy!!!
Same here, kid is turning 2 tomorrow and plan on keeping him rear facing as long as I can. He sits in the middle in a Nuna Exec (a big seat) using the seatbelt.

Previously I drove a Passat which had LATCHes for the middle however a friend with multiple and older kids told me it's better to get used to using the seat belt as you eventually will have to start using it regardless.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 08:36 PM   #46
kingmonkeyjr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M40i, GLC63, E63s, Trackhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by millim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
We have the Graco DLX 4ever and I always recommend installing the car seat in the middle unless you have to have 2 car seats then one goes to the side and one stays in the middle. Right now there is plenty of room for 2 passengers to sit comfortably in the back next to the car seat on each side.

Also, no latch to be used and only seat belt. We have kept our 2 year old rear facing and plan on doing that until he is at least 3 or even 3.5 maybe…basically until he starts protesting it. I take no chances with my baby boy!!!
Same here, kid is turning 2 tomorrow and plan on keeping him rear facing as long as I can. He sits in the middle in a Nuna Exec (a big seat) using the seatbelt.

Previously I drove a Passat which had LATCHes for the middle however a friend with multiple and older kids told me it's better to get used to using the seat belt as you eventually will have to start using it regardless.
Double down on the Nuna Exec. We have one in both our X5 and X7. Will post pics tomorrow. Best seat around.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 01:34 PM   #47
goobies818
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ103 View Post

Which begs the question, the X5 isn't considered to be a small vehicle by most people, yet a baby seat doesn't fit without the driver or front passenger comprising their position. So what do people with smaller cars (many cars on the road are smaller then the X5) and babies do??

Had I known this in advance, I would have really considered the X7 M50i.
Yep...years 0-5 for our kiddo were with a 2008 Lexus IS and a 2013 BMW 3-series. Needless to say...it was a snug fit...especially when the kid was rear-facing in the transport system carrier. Once he got to about a year old...and he didn't need to be in the carrier to be pushed in a stroller...we swapped out the seat for a Graco 4 in 1...which was just as bulky. Essentially, the front seat wasn't sat in for 2 years by my wife.

Once he hit 2 years old and made the forward facing weight cut, we flipped that seat forward to reclaim that space. Essentially, those first two years...i was an unpaid uber driver for my wife and kid...chauffeuring them around with the both of them in the back
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 10:10 PM   #48
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by G05xG30 View Post
I got uppababy and a graco. I'll snap some pictures later
I've got the Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 for my 20 month old toddler, it's too wide. My wife said it's uncomfortable for her to sit in the middle seat
Appreciate 0