BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-28-2021, 03:15 AM   #1
Drmroth
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Smile Ivory/white extended merino seats?

Dilemma resolved!

I read a thread about keeping it clean … I’m going with the coffee.

We would love to get the ivory white extended merino but how do you keep it clean from hair colors, gels and sprays on the headpiece, or dirt from your clothes, Amazon boxes and shopping bags etc?

Can you “live” in the white/ivory X5 without constantly being aware if you’re ruining the seats?

I can’t see how but I’m hoping you’ll have some great suggestions that will allow me to go for it and if not then it’s going to be the coffee seats.

Thank you.

Last edited by Drmroth; 10-28-2021 at 03:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 01:27 AM   #2
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmroth View Post

Can you “live” in the white/ivory X5 without constantly being aware if you’re ruining the seats?
Yes, it's fairly easy, and if you've read other threads about it, then you're already seen my posts about Opal white.

Here's mine, from a top-down-in-dust after 3 years:

Not a big deal to maintain, but if you're the type who both would never clean it once and has lots of adults/pets/children who are super messy then ... yeah, probably coffee is better.

TLDR would be:

(1.) Apply Colourlock's new leather LSP
(2.) Dust every few weeks white MFs like from rag company
(3.) Every 3 weeks or longer (sometimes I'd go months), or for visible dirt, dust then lightly wipe down with a damp MF with warm distilled water.
(4.) For anything more than that using a leather cleaner like lexol or colourlock
(5.) If it's really bad, do something like this:

And, TBH, you wanna do all that stuff for any color merino leather ... white just makes it easier to see where to spot clean.

Last edited by GrussGott; 11-01-2021 at 02:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 02:12 AM   #3
Drmroth
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Wow she’s pretty….

Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 07:21 AM   #4
DBV
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G20 330d, Brabus Smart

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [8.75]
2018 Brabus Smart  [0.00]
2021 BMW 330d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmroth View Post
Dilemma resolved!

I read a thread about keeping it clean … I’m going with the coffee.

We would love to get the ivory white extended merino but how do you keep it clean from hair colors, gels and sprays on the headpiece, or dirt from your clothes, Amazon boxes and shopping bags etc?

I can’t see how but I’m hoping you’ll have some great suggestions that will allow me to go for it and if not then it’s going to be the coffee seats.

Thank you.
Keeping the Ivory clean isn't so much a process, as just regularly keeping an eye on it. I keep a pack of Sonax Leather Cleaner Wipes in the door pocket, and any time I notice the Ivory getting dingy or a stain, I give the seats a wipe with it. Super easy, cleans well, and literally a 3 min deal once you figure it out. To each their own, but I will always prefer a Ivory interior over boring black on my BMWs.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2021, 09:29 PM   #5
Laura413
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
Keeping the Ivory clean isn't so much a process, as just regularly keeping an eye on it. I keep a pack of Sonax Leather Cleaner Wipes in the door pocket, and any time I notice the Ivory getting dingy or a stain, I give the seats a wipe with it. Super easy, cleans well, and literally a 3 min deal once you figure it out. To each their own, but I will always prefer a Ivory interior over boring black on my BMWs.
I picked up my new X5 last week with Ivory merino seats and they are GORGEOUS! By far the prettiest interior I’ve ever had in a vehicle. Will have to try your trick with the Sonax wipes. Also keeping a hand towel in the door to put down when I wear dark jeans to prevent any transfer.
Appreciate 1
DBV768.00