GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post

No where on the map indicates locations of sentry towers, dragon's teeth, kill zones, anti-aircraft equipment, ammo depot, command and control facilities, ,terrain, communication lines. How do you expect any of us to work this info to rescue our X5s?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 02:20 AM   #68
cscones
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Any one else have a vehicle coming through Richmond recently? Mine should be arriving there today and I’m trying to figure out how long to expect it to sit there with delays. BMW genius said they have been seeing some delays out there but couldn’t give anything concrete.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #69
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscones View Post
Any one else have a vehicle coming through Richmond recently? Mine should be arriving there today and I’m trying to figure out how long to expect it to sit there with delays. BMW genius said they have been seeing some delays out there but couldn’t give anything concrete.
I'm on the same train! I haven't asked for any updates yet though.

My hope is it gets to Roseville early next week.

Edit: My CA just emailed me that it should arrive in port today and that it could be 3-7 days before it gets to the dealer. Too many variables with the truck that they can't control, other than the delivery date once the carrier contacts them.

Last edited by Bearco; 12-02-2021 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 11:55 AM   #70
lurch177
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearco View Post

I'm about two weeks ahead of you guys, I think. Mine was due into Richmond on 11/19 but didn't switch status to "At the port" in My Garage until 11/24. It went back to "In transit" on 11/25 (Thanksgiving day?). Genius says it was due in to the dealership (Santa Rosa) on 11/29, but it hasn't made it there yet.

I've heard the same about delays getting through Richmond, looks like that's probably the case. Neither Genius or my CA has any more info than that. I think the My Garage status might be behind, too.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 12:03 PM   #71
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch177 View Post
I'm about two weeks ahead of you guys, I think. Mine was due into Richmond on 11/19 but didn't switch status to "At the port" in My Garage until 11/24. It went back to "In transit" on 11/25 (Thanksgiving day?). Genius says it was due in to the dealership (Santa Rosa) on 11/29, but it hasn't made it there yet.

I've heard the same about delays getting through Richmond, looks like that's probably the case. Neither Genius or my CA has any more info than that. I think the My Garage status might be behind, too.
I've been "In transit" since it left the factory 11/18. So My Garage is definitely a little messed up.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 12:42 PM   #72
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

Quote:
Quote:

I've been "In transit" since it left the factory 11/18. So My Garage is definitely a little messed up.
Quote:

Mine took exactly two weeks for the status to change from in transit to at the port, this include two days to check in from arrival to check in then the status changed to at the port. That is of course if there is no additional delays…. Be patient, you are almost there..😀
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 06:17 PM   #73
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Same exact thing for me ... then when it actually hit Richmond it switched to "at port", then one day later "at dealership"
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 08:00 PM   #74
cscones
Private
Rep

Quote:

Edit: My CA just emailed me that it should arrive in port today and that it could be 3-7 days before it gets to the dealer. Too many variables with the truck that they can't control, other than the delivery date once the carrier contacts them.
No kidding. Thanks for this. I’ll let you know if I hear anything from my CA as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 01:20 PM   #75
lurch177
Rep

I just heard from my CA that 50 vehicles (mine included) were put on to the wrong train in Kansas City and ended up in Los Angeles instead of Richmond. This happened sometime around 11/10, he says.

My vehicle is now being trucked up from LA and is expected to be at the dealership early next week.

Not sure what to make of all this.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 01:44 PM   #76
cscones
Private
Rep

Quote:
I just heard from my CA that 50 vehicles (mine included) were put on to the wrong train in Kansas City and ended up in Los Angeles instead of Richmond. This happened sometime around 11/10, he says.

My vehicle is now being trucked up from LA and is expected to be at the dealership early next week.

Not sure what to make of all this.
Wow. What dealership are you out of?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 01:53 PM   #77
lurch177
Rep

Quote:
Wow. What dealership are you out of?
Hansel BMW, Santa Rosa. CA didn't say if any other shipments were affected. Yours was a couple of weeks behind mine, I think, hopefully it found the right train out of KC.

Hearing there's a truck driver shortage in LA. Latest status from My Garage not promising.
Attached Images

Last edited by lurch177; 12-03-2021 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 3
Bearco65.00
GrussGott18179.00
Flying Ace4984.50
      12-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #78
cscones
Private
Rep

My car is still in Richmond. It was estimated to be there 12/2 and is now 12/6. Based on the other posters it seems like the average delay is around 3-5 days. My suspicion is that the cars are unloaded in the parking lot of the automotive facility, but a shortage of truck drivers is causing the delays from that point on. I spoke to my CA yesterday and he also confirmed that things were a mess in Richmond. I’m crossing my fingers we can take delivery this week since we have a multi week trip we need to leave for on Friday.

I am curious at what point the status changes back to at the port. I don’t think there is an offsite BMW VPC facility aside from the BNSF automotive center at the Richmond yard. So maybe just when someone gets around to scanning the car in?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 01:25 PM   #79
Gstahl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e soon

Mine says in transit still, completed build on 11/18. I had not tracked any further dates when it went into "in transit" status, so I do not know if it matches anyone else here.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 01:58 PM   #80
cscones
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstahl View Post
Mine says in transit still, completed build on 11/18. I had not tracked any further dates when it went into "in transit" status, so I do not know if it matches anyone else here.
If you call the genius number (844-443-6487) they have access to DCSNet and can see the last tracked location (e.g. Kansas City, Richmond).
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 08:58 PM   #81
cscones
Private
Rep

Our car finally got checked into Richmond. It was about a week and a half delay for that to happen at Richmond. Now just waiting to see how long it is until they get it on a truck down to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 11:46 PM   #82
lurch177
Rep

Quote:
Our car finally got checked into Richmond. It was about a week and a half delay for that to happen at Richmond. Now just waiting to see how long it is until they get it on a truck down to the dealer.
Your vehicle made it to Richmond at least, very good. Mine, which was due into Richmond on 11/19 and accidentally got sent to LA, was released to the trucker at the Oxnard VPC for transport to the Bay Area on Monday, 12/6. As of today, Thursday, it’s still sitting there. This trucker shortage thing is real,apparently. Looks like we might need to wait awhile.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 01:41 AM   #83
cscones
Private
Rep

Quote:
Your vehicle made it to Richmond at least, very good. Mine, which was due into Richmond on 11/19 and accidentally got sent to LA, was released to the trucker at the Oxnard VPC for transport to the Bay Area on Monday, 12/6. As of today, Thursday, it’s still sitting there. This trucker shortage thing is real,apparently. Looks like we might need to wait awhile.
I'm sorry to hear that. Super frustrating. I'm hoping you are able to take delivery soon. The delays make the wait even more painful .
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #84
Bearco
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I work in an industry that relies on trucks. The trucker shortage is the real deal.

Mine finally checked into Richmond yesterday too. A week after it was scheduled to arrive there. So who knows how long until it actually makes it to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 01:07 PM   #85
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

Quote:
I work in an industry that relies on trucks. The trucker shortage is the real deal.

Mine finally checked into Richmond yesterday too. A week after it was scheduled to arrive there. So who knows how long until it actually makes it to the dealer.
I guess I got real lucky that I took delivery a little more than 3 weeks ago and it was still pretty smooth back then. It was just a 2 day check in at the port and arrived at the dealer the next day. Be patient and keep refreshing My Garage... to beat your SA/CA's call...
Appreciate 1
Bearco65.00
      12-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #86
Gstahl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e soon

Mine arrived at Richmond, switched back to at port, on 12/7. It has been in that status since. My CA says it was released right away for dispatch to an auto carrier, but as of today (12/10) is still awaiting dispatch.

I expect the Genius cannot tell me much more (or is there something they know I don't)?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 08:03 PM   #87
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mine arrived at Richmond, switched back to at port, on 12/7. It has been in that status since. My CA says it was released right away for dispatch to an auto carrier, but as of today (12/10) is still awaiting dispatch.

I expect the Genius cannot tell me much more (or is there something they know I don't)?
Weird - also the Bay Area and experienced the first part, but not the 2nd. i.e, was "in transit" for 3-4 weeks, then shifted back to "at port", then was "at the dealer" the next day.

3 days seems a little odd ...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #88
cscones
Private
Rep

Quote:

I’m guessing it is just trucking delays out of Richmond. Same story for me. The genius said the car has been released to the carrier, but we have been sitting at the port for 3 days now.
Appreciate 1
Gstahl18.00