BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-20-2021, 08:14 PM   #1
ryanandpyy
Rep
Drives: 16 X5 50I

808M wheels with winter tires

HI, does anyone ordered 808 winter packege recently or before? How long it will take to deliver to dealership?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 08:22 PM   #2
Chas8283
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

About a week to deliver but that was mid fall (well before winter season). Reach out to your service department Monday morning to see if they’re available. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 10:07 PM   #3
ryanandpyy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas8283 View Post
About a week to deliver but that was mid fall (well before winter season). Reach out to your service department Monday morning to see if they’re available. Good luck!
Well, My sale already ordered it for me this week, just wish it can be here next week.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 06:49 AM   #4
Chas8283
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Ah, got it. Glad they’re still available.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #5
Gamerguy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanandpyy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas8283 View Post
Well, My sale already ordered it for me this week, just wish it can be here next week.
I have the winter wheel package on order too since the first week of Nov. The parts guy at my dealer just updated me and said the shipment that whatever BMW tire center they use did not get the shipment they were expecting mid-November and it's "early December" now. Who the heck knows!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 11:06 AM   #6
Tehnoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 m60i, X6Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerguy View Post
I have the winter wheel package on order too since the first week of Nov. The parts guy at my dealer just updated me and said the shipment that whatever BMW tire center they use did not get the shipment they were expecting mid-November and it's "early December" now. Who the heck knows!
Same comments I have gotten.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #7
ryanandpyy
Rep

Quote:
oh, god, so we order on november has to wait until december? Its already snowing in my city right now, i am afraid i cant drive to dealer on december lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 05:26 PM   #8
Ryan_R_f80f8m4
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine white m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanandpyy View Post
Quote:
oh, god, so we order on november has to wait until december? Its already snowing in my city right now, i am afraid i cant drive to dealer on december lol.
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, same deal. Parts guy says he's waiting to hear back on many orders…
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 06:32 PM   #9
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
ugh, I guess I better get my order in!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 07:41 AM   #10
Tehnoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_R_f80f8m4 View Post
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, same deal. Parts guy says he's waiting to hear back on many orders…
Apparently the 808m wheels are shipped from Germany and then the Pilot Sport Alpins are put on once they arrive in the USA.

As of now it is supposed to be the second week of December for arrival and dealerships with them being fit the first week of December.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 06:50 PM   #11
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehyox View Post
Apparently the 808m wheels are shipped from Germany and then the Pilot Sport Alpins are put on once they arrive in the USA.

As of now it is supposed to be the second week of December for arrival and dealerships with them being fit the first week of December.
After a A LOT of back & forth with various dealerships, and hearing everything from "can't order them" to "will take 5 months" to "not sure when they'll come in - we'll call you" ...

I got a few different stories from a very few useful dealerships:

(1.) The wheel/tire combo is shipped from Munich, Germany w/ limited availability
However all of the "American" version of this combo are sold out, so only the German tire version are left currently showing available during a system search, i.e., not for the USA; but there will be an update next week (week after thanksgiving). These dealership were basically "you can order and we'll call you later with an update" ... that story kinda matches this:

(2.) The Wheels & Tires are Separate, with new shipments incoming
This story kinda matches the above story in that if there are no "usa tires" then BMW would have to rely on a US tire distributor, albeit via BMW's supply/logistics chain for the purchasing, ie., BMW is contracting with Michelin for a guaranteed # at a guaranteed price, and then the tire distributor matches them up in the US. These dealerships basically said "no point in ordering until they hear from the distributor next week, so we'll call you"

(3.) End Run to the Tire Distributor for incoming
Again, kinda matches the above: because BMW has no USA compatible combos & is outsourcing to a contractor to match up the wheels & tires on the US side, BMW dealerships can use the tire distributor as the source for the order rather than the normal BMW system path.

NET-NET
As of Thanksgiving Week 2021:
After calling a bunch of dealership across 2 states, I was able to confirm an order through a dealership via #3: i.e., the parts team called their tire distributor directly and placed the order directly through them.

That said, the distributor told them they had a shipment of 150 sets incoming and 85 were already spoken for, so of course I jumped on it and ordered it despite the dealership being 1.5 hours away. I'm more than happy to reward to smarties.

Last edited by GrussGott; 11-24-2021 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 10:02 AM   #12
Gamerguy
Private First Class
Rep

Great info Gruss, thank you! I'm going to call tomorrow and make sure my set that's "on order" maps to one of those sets at the distributor coming in.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      11-27-2021, 07:41 AM   #13
Tehnoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
/SNIP.
Got a call from the dealership yesterday. Wheels will be there on Monday. Have appointment to get them fitted on Tuesday.
Appreciate 3
c12h231.00
Gamerguy161.00
GrussGott18113.00
      11-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #14
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Got a call from the dealership yesterday. Wheels will be there on Monday. Have appointment to get them fitted on Tuesday.
Congrats! I'm hoping I can get them in a few weeks as the farther into Dec / Jan I go the larger the chance of a cold snap
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:45 PM   #15
Ryan_R_f80f8m4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats! I'm hoping I can get them in a few weeks as the farther into Dec / Jan I go the larger the chance of a cold snap
My wheels are in

Installing Saturday
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18113.00
Gamerguy161.00
      11-29-2021, 08:57 PM   #16
Gamerguy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My wheels are in

Installing Saturday
Just curious when you ordered? I'm not even sure that actually matters though!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 07:01 AM   #17
Ryan_R_f80f8m4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My wheels are in

Installing Saturday
Just curious when you ordered? I'm not even sure that actually matters though!
I ordered about 2.5-3 weeks ago
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      12-02-2021, 06:24 PM   #18
Tehnoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Wheels are on! They do exist.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18113.00
      12-02-2021, 07:06 PM   #19
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
As a general update for anyone considering, I ordered before Thanksgiving and just got an update to expect them here (west coast) in late dec as apparently the ship is here but has to be unloaded and they need to be shipped to the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:55 AM   #20
badm34
Rep
Drives: '20 X5MC

Does anyone have a line on where we can get the Pirelli winters that fit the F95. They seem to be backordered at all of the major tire distributors.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 08:38 AM   #21
akunob
Private
Rep
Drives: X6MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by badm34 View Post
Does anyone have a line on where we can get the Pirelli winters that fit the F95. They seem to be backordered at all of the major tire distributors.
I've had a couple of tire shops search and supply issue appears to be predominantly associated lack of availability for the rear tires (315/30-22). As of last week, Pirelli simply didn't manufacture enough. There is supposed to be a shipment on the way, however much of the tires on there might already be spoken for.

I've decided to go the 808M orbit grey winter 21" winter wheel setup route with Michelin Pilot Alpin 5s. Availability for the 295/35-21 Pilot Alpins isn't an issue with the only added hassle being (i) additional upfront cost for a 2nd set of wheels and (ii) swapping out wheel/tires 2x/yr (although with Pirelli Winters I would be swapping out tires 2x/yr anyway as well.) I'll report back with my progress, post pics when the setup is complete and likely provide a high level review of the 808M wheels, square winter setup, fitment and performance/ride of the Pilot Alpins under varying winter conditions.
Appreciate 2
      12-03-2021, 08:50 AM   #22
Ryan_R_f80f8m4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akunob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badm34 View Post
I've had a couple of tire shops search and supply issue appears to be predominantly associated lack of availability for the rear tires (315/30-22). As of last week, Pirelli simply didn't manufacture enough. There is supposed to be a shipment on the way, however much of the tires on there might already be spoken for.

I've decided to go the 808M orbit grey winter 21" winter wheel setup route with Michelin Pilot Alpin 5s. Availability for the 295/35-21 Pilot Alpins isn't an issue with the only added hassle being (i) additional upfront cost for a 2nd set of wheels and (ii) swapping out wheel/tires 2x/yr (although with Pirelli Winters I would be swapping out tires 2x/yr anyway as well.) I'll report back with my progress, post pics when the setup is complete and likely provide a high level review of the 808M wheels, square winter setup, fitment and performance/ride of the Pilot Alpins under varying winter conditions.
I initially wanted the pirelli scorpion 21/22 winters. I started looking early November, and realized it wasn't going to happen bc of the 22" shortage.

Getting my oem winters installed tomorrow. Probably not as sharp as keeping the comp wheels on all year round, but oem never disappoints with the winters. Happy to just "set autopilot" and forget it. Path of least resistance.
Appreciate 1
akunob101.50