11-29-2021, 10:02 PM   #23
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin Hoover View Post
SO SO sorry to hear this! I consider myself a careful and defensive driver, but still got hit twice by distracted female drivers. First time I got T-boned by a left turn Ford SUV, I lost my Solara. Second time my Cadillac was rear ended by a Hyundai sedan while I was waiting for red light. The driver was so distracted by her phone and dog. Look on the bright side, it's not too bad as long as people are safe. But I really hate this no matter how careful you drive, you will be involved in some accidents during lifetime, more or less.

When I learned to drive, I was taught to stay away from luxury cars. Unfortunately not everyone was taught so. I hope you can get compensatory damages to cover your loss.
I too was hit by a middle age female woman on her cellphone directly hit my driver door Tboned my whole family at a red light.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 11:03 AM   #24
Jen4BMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 X3 M40i

No posting while driving Resjudicata
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 11:16 AM   #25
DJHess
DJ Hess
Rep
Drives: AW 535i M-Sport

Company car, company insurance. They are responsible for whoever is driving the car unless they file theft charges against the individual.
Appreciate 2
      11-30-2021, 11:56 AM   #26
Melbourne_X5M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHess View Post
Company car, company insurance. They are responsible for whoever is driving the car unless they file theft charges against the individual.
Exactly! Both owner and operator are jointly and severally liable.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 05:00 PM   #27
dbullock
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d 2012

Hopefully you're not going to face the same 'shared responsibility' that we deal with here in WI. Terrible idea.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 12:19 AM   #28
ChiRealtor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
That’s my thinking but I have USAA and the adjuster is the one who brought it to my attention. We shall see! Wouldn’t be the worst $1k I’ve lost but sure does suck.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 12:40 AM   #29
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiRealtor View Post
Quote:
That’s my thinking but I have USAA and the adjuster is the one who brought it to my attention. We shall see! Wouldn’t be the worst $1k I’ve lost but sure does suck.
I have USAA as well and their claims has been a nightmare for me. I'm not a fan of working with them. I'm seriously considering switching to different insurance.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 12:42 AM   #30
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen4BMW View Post
No posting while driving Resjudicata
I'd laugh if I wasn't in so much pain due to her gross negligence and the incompetence of USAA auto insurance claims staff.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 12:48 AM   #31
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it depends, and not always. She borrowed her friends company car. it's clearly not foreseeable from Company C that person B would be driving person A's car.

it's clearly not a work trip, and the multiple friends in the car along with the girl driver's almost guaranteed that Company C won't cover anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 07:12 AM   #32
10101X5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 10101X101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
it depends, and not always. She borrowed her friends company car. it's clearly not foreseeable from Company C that person B would be driving person A's car.

it's clearly not a work trip, and the multiple friends in the car along with the girl driver's almost guaranteed that Company C won't cover anything.
If I remember right you said you were an attorney. If so you mostly likely know what you’re saying. My wife on the other always reminds me not to let anyone drive mine. According to her God forbid if it was used for some illegal runs or hit/killed somebody, and some attorneys know I’m the owner, they would certainly go after me to get more. Heck every time we trade in a car, she makes sure our names are off the tittle.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2021, 07:22 AM   #33
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10101X5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post

If I remember right you said you were an attorney. If so you mostly likely know what you're saying. My wife on the other always reminds me not to let anyone drive mine. According to her God forbid if it was used for some illegal runs or hit/killed somebody, and some attorneys know I'm the owner, they would certainly go after me to get more. Heck every time we trade in a car, she makes sure our names are off the tittle.
Yes, my wife and I are both attorneys. Liability is a tricky and complicated subject and depends on state and local laws.

However, personal and corporate liability are 2 different birds of a feather. Companies usually aren't liability unless it's kinda relatively their business.

People can be liable for almost everything; especially if they are found to have contributed or aided or assistance in the event in question.
Appreciate 0