BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #1
jakenstein
Rep
Drives: 2020 Lexus RC F, 2022 BMW X5

Did anyone lose phone connectivity on Sunday?

My 2022 X5 would not connect to my phone yesterday (Sunday). It seemed like the whole phone system was dorked up. I couldn't connect my phone, I couldn't delete my phone and I could not connect with a new phone. I called the genius today to get some help and genius said they had many other calls with same issue. A simple reboot (pressing in volume key until screen goes blank ~30 seconds) fixed the problem for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:41 PM   #2
cantgobak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakenstein View Post
My 2022 X5 would not connect to my phone yesterday (Sunday). It seemed like the whole phone system was dorked up. I couldn't connect my phone, I couldn't delete my phone and I could not connect with a new phone. I called the genius today to get some help and genius said they had many other calls with same issue. A simple reboot (pressing in volume key until screen goes blank ~30 seconds) fixed the problem for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakenstein View Post
Thanks for the info. This morning, the Bluetooth connection would seem to be connected on both iPhone and iDrive, but it wouldn't play music from my iPhone. I disconnected the phone from iDrive and then reconnected back, then it played back successfully. Unless there was an update overnight, I just couldn't think of any reason why all of a sudden these connections would stop working…. Is BMW following the trail of Microsoft; when it doesn't work always ask, "have you rebooted?" Dang it, I want investigation and root cause so these inconveniences/issues can be resolved and not happen again…
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 01:30 PM   #3
CyberYYZ
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

iphone stopped automatically connecting when I get in the car

kind of similar, my iphone (12) was working fine with Apple carplay and Idrive for months and then back in November it no longer wants to auto connect when I get in the car. I have to manually connect (go into Idrive menu and choose my iphone and ask it to connect even though it is already a paired device.

Any thoughts or similar experiences and if so any suggested or recommend solutions to fix this issue?
Appreciate 0