Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Thanks. Standing by. But ...

... I don't think there was any implication the spare wouldn't fit in the luggage compartment. The implication is that the spare will not fit over the M Sport brake on the hub . That's what I'd really like to know, as well as the part number if it does fit on the hub.
That sort of makes sense, however since you don't need any kind of "special" wheel to fit over the M Sport brakes, and nothing says otherwise in the configurator, I'm guessing the spare should fit as well, particularly since you can order it. Will be interesting to see....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 08:30 AM   #68
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
This thread confirms the spare with 22" and M Sport, and looks like plenty of space. I have read elsewhere that the minimum size is 19".

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1553121&page=3
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #69
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
This thread confirms the spare with 22" and M Sport, and looks like plenty of space. I have read elsewhere that the minimum size is 19".

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...121&page=3
Apologies for being argumentative, but I don't have a choice. My dealer parts people (in Canada) think that the spare is not available to me because of the M Sport brake. The fact that non-Canadians here were and are able to *ORDER* the spare with M Sport brakes will not dissuade them as they will say a) "configurators are wrong all the time" (I actually know this to be an accurate assertion) and b) "don't believe everything you read on the forums" (I visualize virtual murder any time any of them say that, but they say that BS all the time nonetheless; if you stop hearing from me here, it means the virtual has become physical).

None of the threads and posts so far, included linked, have demonstrated the spare to actually fit over the M Sport brake. Everything is an assertion and assumption, but no actual real physical test and demonstration.

That physical test confirmation is the only thing that would get BMW Canada's people off their dumbass asses. Anyone?
      07-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #70
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Apologies for being argumentative, but I don't have a choice. My dealer parts people (in Canada) think that the spare is not available to me because of the M Sport brake. The fact that non-Canadians here were and are able to *ORDER* the spare with M Sport brakes will not dissuade them as they will say a) "configurators are wrong all the time" (I actually know this to be an accurate assertion) and b) "don't believe everything you read on the forums" (I visualize virtual murder any time any of them say that, but they say that BS all the time nonetheless; if you stop hearing from me here, it means the virtual has become physical).

None of the threads and posts so far, included linked, have demonstrated the spare to actually fit over the M Sport brake. Everything is an assertion and assumption, but no actual real physical test and demonstration.

That physical test confirmation is the only thing that would get BMW Canada's people off their dumbass asses. Anyone?
Understand and agree with all; amazingly, not everything you read on the Interwebz is true. As a for example, I have yet to see a video of a late model X5 auto-braking in response to a crossing vehicle in the rear, as I have seen and have experienced with Audi. I am assured that it will, I have just not seen any physical evidence of same. It's not a deal-breaker in my recently ordered X5, but it would be nice to know all the same. You might have to take a mounted spare and show them, but might get the response that it's not your tire, so it might not work. I actually don't know since I haven't received mine yet, but this thread inspires me to try mounting the spare when I get it. All indications are so far though, that it will work.
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      07-02-2019, 05:54 PM   #71
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
As additional info, apparently there are two different spare options for the X5 - this is the PN for the X5M spare, which by all accounts fits over the larger brakes:

5Jx19" ET:4 part number "36 11 6 775 450

I am assuming (big if, and I will check with my CA) that this is the spare included with the builds that include M Sport brakes. Looks like this:

Last edited by Paladin1; 07-02-2019 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 11:57 PM   #72
squeaky
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
As additional info, apparently there are two different spare options for the X5 - this is the PN for the X5M spare, which by all accounts fits over the larger brakes:

5Jx19" ET:4 part number "36 11 6 775 450

I am assuming (big if, and I will check with my CA) that this is the spare included with the builds that include M Sport brakes. Looks like this:

[IMG]http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps8pbjdthe.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...pshd6hat5z.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...psd2qlexju.jpg[/IMG]
If this is in fact an X5M wheel from an F85, isn't the bolt pattern different for the G05s? I'd hate to see someone order this if that's the case.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #73
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
If this is in fact an X5M wheel from an F85, isn't the bolt pattern different for the G05s? I'd hate to see someone order this if that's the case.
No idea, but my CA assures me the factory option as configured, whatever it is, will fit my 40i with M Sport brakes and 20" wheels. Will verify yea or nay when received....
Appreciate 0