08-11-2019, 05:04 AM   #23
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjunction View Post
You just need to be persistent...go for dealers with huge inventories...they are willing to give bigger discounts. I have mine on order for 10% off MSRP and 0.00145 lease rate - 2020 M50i
Forgive me but a dealer with huge inventories is motivated to sell off his lot no? We’re you really able to get 10% off a custom spec build? And this 10% off is off the MARP you built similar to the BMW website?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 07:29 AM   #24
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Forgive me but a dealer with huge inventories is motivated to sell off his lot no? We’re you really able to get 10% off a custom spec build? And this 10% off is off the MARP you built similar to the BMW website?
I think what dbjunction is referring to is that dealers with huge inventories are more able to absorb the occasional loss on a sale than smaller dealerships. All dealers regardless of size would want to sell off inventory first. But if it's between a taking a loss on a sale or lose out on a potential long term customer, some would want to secure the long term customer.

I was able to get the 9.2% off as a pure discount off MSRP along with buy rate money factor, so 10% definitely seems possible, regardless of what some dealers will tell you. And that's with no incentives. Just have to get multiple dealers involved and bidding on your business.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #25
dbjunction
Private
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S P90D,BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I think what dbjunction is referring to is that dealers with huge inventories are more able to absorb the occasional loss on a sale than smaller dealerships. All dealers regardless of size would want to sell off inventory first. But if it's between a taking a loss on a sale or lose out on a potential long term customer, some would want to secure the long term customer.

I was able to get the 9.2% off as a pure discount off MSRP along with buy rate money factor, so 10% definitely seems possible, regardless of what some dealers will tell you. And that's with no incentives. Just have to get multiple dealers involved and bidding on your business.
Correct although I honestly believe that even at 10% off of MSRP (based on ordering guide MSRP) they still dont loose money. There are multiple factors at play as well...mine was optioned at $94k+ and dealer said that not all dealerships move such expensive dollar builds - not sure if they get more high end slots and potentially more profits in future if they sell more highly optioned cars but if they do, another incentive for them to take lesser profit on some builds. Also, the dealers dont want cars on their lots gathering dust - so yes, there first preference is to sell cars already on lot, a close second is a custom order- they are anyways ordering inventory for their lots, so better to order something thats already sold from their standpoint.

Also, once you are in the ballpark..say a couple of them are at 8% and you are ready to order, tell them you are going to order TODAY, and will drive to whomsoever will get closest to 10% - share the names of dealerships you are working with. TODAY does work wonders, has for me multiple times with multiple brands.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #26
rayshelbygt
Private
Rep
Drives: GT500, SRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Not sure where you're looking but in my experience... a lot of dealers will say 10% straight discount is impossible on a 2020 build, some even laughed at me. Just have to keep looking until you find the few that are willing to play ball.
I am located in the Tampa/ St Petersburg area and am targeting five dealers when I place my build. Hopefully I will get 8% discount or better. I intend to expand my search to Sarasota and Orlando areas if I have too.
None of my local dealers would go more than 6%. Talk to mister Frank the SM at Ocala. I have my exact build going there next week if your interested
Appreciate 0