BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #1
dlmerchant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i, 2017 F25 35i

Driving assistant Plus (ZDB) to Pro (ZDY) upgrade

All of the G05's that were built prior to December 2018 were only available with Driving Assistant Plus (ZDB feature code). There has been much talk about an upgrade path for these earlier models to Driving Assistant Pro (ZDY), as they are the same cost. Has anyone had success with this?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 11:56 PM   #2
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I am also interested in this.

If you have 5AU already in your FA, then VO Coding 5AR (TJA) 'should' be all that is required, assuming that all of the hardware is the same.

You don't need launcher pro to VO Code, just esys and latest PSdZdata, so should be an easy test for someone with a little coding experience.

I would recommend VO Coding 'at least' SAS2 and HU_MGU as these settings are required at a minimum:
HU_MGU\Lenkassistent_DCS enabled
SAS2\C_HOO_Vorhanden: vorhanden

As DA+ to DA-pro appears to be purely down to release date, I would ensure your car is on the latest 'firmware', or at least 19-03 to be sure. The production ready TJA support was probably introduced in a point release of 18-11
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
dlmerchant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i, 2017 F25 35i

I don’t quite follow all of this as I’ve never coded my car before. How would you recommend I get started?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
I am also interested in this.

If you have 5AU already in your FA, then VO Coding 5AR (TJA) 'should' be all that is required, assuming that all of the hardware is the same.

You don't need launcher pro to VO Code, just esys and latest PSdZdata, so should be an easy test for someone with a little coding experience.

I would recommend VO Coding 'at least' SAS2 and HU_MGU as these settings are required at a minimum:
HU_MGU\Lenkassistent_DCS enabled
SAS2\C_HOO_Vorhanden: vorhanden

As DA+ to DA-pro appears to be purely down to release date, I would ensure your car is on the latest 'firmware', or at least 19-03 to be sure. The production ready TJA support was probably introduced in a point release of 18-11
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #4
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Have a read over this and decide if its for you:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=983245
Appreciate 0