BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-21-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
DavidB_UK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 730d

Driver profile and keys

After much fiddling about I’ve just about got my connected drive services working and it all connected up between the app and the car. My final hurdle (excluding non working send to car which I think is just down/broken in the UK) is that my X5 happily recognises my driver profile linked to my display key. When I unlock the car with that key all is usually fine. However with the normal key it just doesn’t remember it - forcing me to enter my connected drive username and password each time after which it then uses my profile.

I’ve set the key up to link to the driver profile and I works fine on the display key. Is there some other limitation around having the same driver profile linked to more than one key?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
I think there is. I've had the same issue but never followed up to work out what was going on.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Anything else you guys have noticed on Uk cars? Strangely, the X3 forum was mostly populated with UK people a few years back, but this one has very few UK cars/users. I wonder why?

I'm also in south bucks/berks BTW. Car should be received early september.
      08-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #4
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Anything else you guys have noticed on Uk cars? Strangely, the X3 forum was mostly populated with UK people a few years back, but this one has very few UK cars/users. I wonder why?

I'm also in south bucks/berks BTW. Car should be received early september.
I have had odd warning messages that go way quickly but no deal breakers. I have stuck with original software 11/2018.57 I might get it updated in September if there is a stable release.

What have you ordered?

I went to Coopers Teeside for mine, only dealer who would give a good discount at the time. I'll have it serviced at Sytner High Wycombe
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 02:49 AM   #5
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

We are all Bucks residents it seems...

Park Lane did a decent discount. Had a few niggles sorted at Sytner and must say the service was excellent. The sales team on the other hand had 3 opportunities to sell me a car and failed on all three.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 03:02 AM   #6
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
I had about £12k off my car order -- bought it from Sytner Maidenhead here, I've had good service from them for the last few years and they were very, very keen to sell a car. I'm lucky to have Land Rover nearby too, so I played them against each others ;-) -- Managed to have £6k off a Disco HSE -- I preferred the drive of the X5, but the Disco at 306bhp is no slouch -- but ultimately I really wanted the X5!

I'm mostly disapointed with the choices of colours, it's all very boring I have to say, but at least the tech is top notch.

The car is mostly in my signature -- I was tempted by the Sport Plus pack, but I didn't want the 22" -- they look cool but I do quite a bit of rough terrain.
      08-22-2019, 02:31 PM   #7
DavidB_UK
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCompromise View Post
We are all Bucks residents it seems...

Park Lane did a decent discount. Had a few niggles sorted at Sytner and must say the service was excellent. The sales team on the other hand had 3 opportunities to sell me a car and failed on all three.

Second that - Park Lane is where I got mine from. Services at Marshall’s since I’m over the border in Hampshire.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #8
DavidB_UK
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speuk View Post
I think there is. I've had the same issue but never followed up to work out what was going on.
It’s definitely a thing - and very irritating. I’ve set up the PIN so at least now I don’t have to enter my ConnectedDrive username and password every time I start the car with one or other of the keys.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #9
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
I had about £12k off my car order -- bought it from Sytner Maidenhead here, I've had good service from them for the last few years and they were very, very keen to sell a car. I'm lucky to have Land Rover nearby too, so I played them against each others ;-) -- Managed to have £6k off a Disco HSE -- I preferred the drive of the X5, but the Disco at 306bhp is no slouch -- but ultimately I really wanted the X5!

I'm mostly disapointed with the choices of colours, it's all very boring I have to say, but at least the tech is top notch.

The car is mostly in my signature -- I was tempted by the Sport Plus pack, but I didn't want the 22" -- they look cool but I do quite a bit of rough terrain.
That's a decent discount for Sytner. I find you have to catch them when they need to shift a few more units to make their targets. When I bought mine back in March they would only offer about 7%. Park Lane stuck at 10% but Coopers went to 14.8% plus free paint protection, mats and a full tank.

Love the Artic Grey, just added MSports plus with 22" 742 Alloys, tech pack and sky lounge roof.
Appreciate 1
buze132.00