08-23-2019, 01:42 PM   #23
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
There's a saying "Starts bad, ends bad" ... Good that you cut ties with this dealership you obviously were having trust issues with. Did the other dealer match their number?
Totally agree with that saying!

Yup matched the number, and they're actively trying to get me in for a September delivery. Which is great, but what I appreciate even more is that they're being up front with me and saying because it's got individual options delivery may spill into October. No BS games means I'm a very happy and pleasant customer

They've also committed to getting me a production # today.
Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy13124.00
      08-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #24
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Totally agree with that saying!

Yup matched the number, and they're actively trying to get me in for a September delivery. Which is great, but what I appreciate even more is that they're being up front with me and saying because it's got individual options delivery may spill into October. No BS games means I'm a very happy and pleasant customer

They've also committed to getting me a production # today.
That's great to hear. Hopefully your new ride will be here before you know it!
Appreciate 1
wtwo317939.00
      08-24-2019, 04:01 PM   #25
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
The ongoing drama with the original dealer continues and at this point it's just funny.

So I sent a very clearly worded email to the dealership yesterday morning requesting a refund of my deposit. The manager calls me to ask me about it and tries explaining how getting an allocation takes time because it's an individual color etc etc (some more bs) and says if I can hold on a little they'll get me a production #. I tell him I've already held on for 2 weeks and I just want my deposit refunded. He rudely answers, "well I'll have to see what I can do about that" and hangs up.

Later that day rather than letting me know that they've refunded the deposit, the CA emails me a production #. I reply that i thought my email was clear in that my decision to get my deposit back is final. I tell him to issue the refund or I'll be disputing the charge with my credit card company.

As of now I have heard nothing back. At this point I don't want to try contacting them about it, I feel like I've done all I need to do on my end, so I'll be disputing the charge with my credit card company.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 04:23 PM   #26
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

You are leaving your CA thinking that he had satisfied your request for a production number even though that isn't what you asked for. You should get back to the CA and manager to say you didn't ask for a production number you canceled the order.

As is, the dealer can say to the credit card company that he satisfied his end of the bargain, after all, you did get a production number. Disputing the charge doesn't relieve you of anything you agreed to. You just have to push on the dealer to chargeback your deposit to the credit card company.

In the end, I'm sure you will get your deposit back but it may be a time-consuming hassle.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #27
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
You are leaving your CA thinking that he had satisfied your request for a production number even though that isn't what you asked for. You should get back to the CA and manager to say you didn't ask for a production number you canceled the order.

As is, the dealer can say to the credit card company that he satisfied his end of the bargain, after all, you did get a production number. Disputing the charge doesn't relieve you of anything you agreed to. You just have to push on the dealer to chargeback your deposit to the credit card company.

In the end, I'm sure you will get your deposit back but it may be a time-consuming hassle.
You would think 2 emails and a text to the CA and a phone call with the manager requesting a refund of my deposit all before they sent me the production # was crystal clear, but maybe not. Then again this dealership seems to always do the opposite of what I ask them to do.

I've just sent another text to the CA so let's see. If they do argue against the credit card dispute I've got a paper trail as evidence but hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 05:43 PM   #28
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
You would think 2 emails and a text to the CA and a phone call with the manager requesting a refund of my deposit all before they sent me the production # was crystal clear, but maybe not. Then again this dealership seems to always do the opposite of what I ask them to do.

I've just sent another text to the CA so let's see. If they do argue against the credit card dispute I've got a paper trail as evidence but hopefully it doesn't come to that.
You'll be fine in the end but it may be a pain. They seem to be purposely screwing around with you now in an attempt to force you to go through with the purchase. Do you have anything in writing, even just text or email, that the deposit was nonrefundable or refundable?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 06:35 PM   #29
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
You'll be fine in the end but it may be a pain. They seem to be purposely screwing around with you now in an attempt to force you to go through with the purchase. Do you have anything in writing, even just text or email, that the deposit was nonrefundable or refundable?
Nothing in writing about it being refundable vs not but to my understanding in Illinois law a deposit is refundable up until the time I drive the car off the lot.

So I talked to the CA just now and finally got my deposit refunded. He was BSing till the very end.

Said these things take a long time and you just lost your patience. So I let him know the other dealership got me a production # within 2 hours. He responds with, "well our guy who handles the individual allocations was on vacation". LOL I can't make this stuff up.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 06:39 PM   #30
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Good job persevering and getting your deposit back.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317939.00
      08-24-2019, 07:26 PM   #31
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Good job persevering and getting your deposit back.
Thanks, and thanks to everyone here for your input. Still in shock with how ridiculous this entire process has been, but I'm so glad to finally be done with this dealership. Now just looking forward to getting delivery of my car with the new dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 08:18 PM   #32
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Nothing in writing about it being refundable vs not but to my understanding in Illinois law a deposit is refundable up until the time I drive the car off the lot.

So I talked to the CA just now and finally got my deposit refunded. He was BSing till the very end.

Said these things take a long time and you just lost your patience. So I let him know the other dealership got me a production # within 2 hours. He responds with, "well our guy who handles the individual allocations was on vacation". LOL I can't make this stuff up.
Glad you got it back. Now you can put this whole fiasco behind you and look forward to getting your new vehicle.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317939.00