BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I'd skip Europe and go to Japan.
Just got back from there 2 weeks ago so I'll pass.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #24
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
So you don't work? Europe honestly kind of sucks overall, so I was just giving you another option. If you've gone to Japan, I'd go to Bora Bora over Europe.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 12:57 AM   #25
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Europe honestly kind of sucks overall
Don't hate.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 07:42 AM   #26
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
So you don't work? Europe honestly kind of sucks overall, so I was just giving you another option. If you've gone to Japan, I'd go to Bora Bora over Europe.
What did you experience that you think EU sucks overall?
I've been to NYC pre 9/11 and I think Newark customs officers suck, NYC subway personnel suck even more but I love NYC in general.

Been to Boston and Miami . Could say the same.
Been to Bogota Medellin Cali and Caracas when Escobar was still alive(25y ago ) and nowadays as well but I love those cities and countries etc.

I hate the Venezuelan government ATM that's another story

So I think it's strange to say Europe sucks overall.

Can you give some examples please?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 2
      07-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #27
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
13 days to spend in Europe. Flying into and out of Vienna. How would you Europe experts break it down? Some people love Vienna and can spend a week or two there. Others love Budapest and Prague.

Vienna - 3 days (not including landing day)
Prague- 4 days (including one day or traveling)
Munich - 4 days
Vienna - 1 day (back to Vienna for a day before flying back)

Would Budapest be too much to pack in?
IMO Vienna is only worth 2 days, one day for visiting the core of the city and do a little shopping, the other day for visiting the museums, hispanic school of riders, castle of Sissi (Schönbrunn) and be sure to visit hotel Sacher and taste the cake there. Hence the city is quite small arranged, you'll be able to travel by foot and need no extra transportations. Oh, the sightseeing could be little expensive, caused by the extra entry fees at every building. The famous "Prater" is worth a walk-through but if you are not too carussel related, this would do.

Prague is a nice city, has the closest net of electric tram stops because the Czechs are very lazy people
I would also suggest only 2 days, one for the city sightseeing and the second for shopping. Recommended the guard change, Hradschin and city-by-foot tour.

Budapest is a more wide spreaded city, the airports are located at the outer rim and travelling by bus is taking a little time but its cheap. I found the shopping possibilities not very attractive, but thats my opinion. Take the big tourist round trip with visiting the parliament and the real old parts of the cities Buda and Pest. The city has also a very nice night life and lots of open bars and cafes, people are very friendly and you wouldnt have problems to get in contact.

No further word to Munich, you already know it

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox

Last edited by Dang3r; 07-24-2017 at 03:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #28
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
What did you experience that you think EU sucks overall?
I've been to NYC pre 9/11 and I think Newark customs officers suck, NYC subway personnel suck even more but I love NYC in general.

Been to Boston and Miami . Could say the same.
Been to Bogota Medellin Cali and Caracas when Escobar was still alive(25y ago ) and nowadays as well but I love those cities and countries etc.

I hate the Venezuelan government ATM that's another story

So I think it's strange to say Europe sucks overall.

Can you give some examples please?

Cheers
Robin
Very rude people in France. Dirty overall. Food overrated, particularly in Italy. Difficult customs officers. Too much like America.

I think Finland/Norway were much better.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 04:38 PM   #29
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're funny. I asked for suggestions on my Europe trip and you suggested Japan...you tend to have very strong opinions and if anyone asks about anything that you don't like, you'll make sure they know about it.

Member: Should I get Androids phone?
You: Androids suck! Get Apple! Get Apple! Get Apple!

Member: anyone have experience with Sonos?
You: Sonos blows. Get Apple! Get Apple!

Member: can anyone make suggestions on Europe?
You: Europe sucks! Get Apple! Get Apple!

I think you got the point. In this case you could have made a helpful comment or just don't contribute at all. Instead you suggested Japan and Bora Bora if I have already been to Japan...in a thread where I WASN'T asking WHERE I should go but rather WHAT I should do or see in countries that I've already specified.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #30
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You're funny. I asked for suggestions on my Europe trip and you suggested Japan...you tend to have very strong opinions and if anyone asks about anything that you don't like, you'll make sure they know about it.

Member: Should I get Androids phone?
You: Androids suck! Get Apple! Get Apple! Get Apple!

Member: anyone have experience with Sonos?
You: Sonos blows. Get Apple! Get Apple!

Member: can anyone make suggestions on Europe?
You: Europe sucks! Get Apple! Get Apple!

I think you got the point. In this case you could have made a helpful comment or just don't contribute at all. Instead you suggested Japan and Bora Bora if I have already been to Japan...in a thread where I WASN'T asking WHERE I should go but rather WHAT I should do or see in countries that I've already specified.
I'm super negative in general. Just trying to save you a lame trip if you still have time to get out of it. Europe is seriously SUPER overrated and is so much like America, it's like going to any major city there.

I found the people/culture in Asia (not just Japan) infinitely better. Better hotels, food, and service too. Europe seems pretentious and just old. Maybe that's the point, but it wasn't for me. Switzerland and Germany were decent.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 02:37 AM   #31
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

If I was offended by some French people and had food intoxication in Italy, I 'd be heading for Bora Bora in a heartbeat....lol

My daughter just got home from living/working for 5 months in Shanghai.

She loves China but it would be better without the Chinese people, se said.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 03:32 AM   #32
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Uh, oh, I mixed Prague and Budapest inadvertently in that way, that I'd added the Hradschin to Budapest. Nevermind, that was a mistake.

But I forgot to add for you one more day in Hungary, if you're really keen, rent a car and make a short trip to Lake Balaton for a beach day. Also to mention when the F1 Hungaroring has public track day, thats also a cool thing.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #33
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Could anyone recommend a Michelin Star Restaurant in either Prague or Budapest? We booked Costes in Budapest and La Degustation in Prague. However, we'll probably do just one and are currently thinking of Alcron in Prague instead. Has anyone been to any of them in these cities and would recommend them? Tripadvisor reviews say that Costes and LD are just okay. Alcron seems to be the best reviewed one.
Appreciate 0