BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #23
Millennium68
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5 2016

I am also not sure now how it works. In my previous F15 I encountered couple of time when car auto-braked (one time it was without any reason). In current G05 I seen the warning, but not braking. Actually couple of weeks ago had a small/weird accident. I was trying to turn right in Manhattan and had car in front of me. We both stopped waiting for pedestrians to cross. Then the front car started moving and then stopped right away again (if some one drove in Manhattan, you know how these pedestrians walk regardless of cars). I started to move after him when he did and then tried to stop when he stopped. Due to soft brakes in G05 (comparing with F15), I hit the front car! The speed was none, no damage to my car and only something on his bumper (not a ding but like small white paint spot which maybe was there before). I was surprised that G05 did not applied the emergency braking I thought it would.
Appreciate 0