02-08-2020, 10:37 AM   #23
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Are you sure it stops for traffic lights or does it just slow down for the junction which just so happens to have traffic lights on it?

The traffic light stop/restart feature is not available on any Bmw or even Tesla model yet. The coding is there for the g05, but not active in firmware. Have you coded the car?
I did stop.. I'm certain of that. It even showed a traffic light on the HUD and dashboard, in the same manner it shows the turn, roundabout, junction,speed limit, stop signs and other speed controlling warnings.
And no.. I wasn't drunk
I'll go back and film it.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #24
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2REP View Post
I did stop.. I'm certain of that. It even showed a traffic light on the HUD and dashboard, in the same manner it shows the turn, roundabout, junction,speed limit, stop signs and other speed controlling warnings.
And no.. I wasn't drunk
Thanks, and can you check:

idrive car-settings-Driver assistance-Speed Assistant - You should see a checkbox for 'Consider Traffic Lights'. There's also another menu somewhere in that area specifically for configuring Traffic Light Assistant. Let's you determine the time before set off after turning green -default is medium.

and film/photo what you see there please? Did you get a prompt to set off when the light changed to green?

Last edited by ifr; 02-08-2020 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 05:38 PM   #25
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

Quote:
It stopped by itself without a car in front. Both times it was at a new intersection with completely new traffic lights. Maybe it was a test setup because the car hasn't detected any other traffic lights since.
It's quite a bit out of my way but I'll film it next time I'm in the neighborhood. In my opinion the ACC is the best I've seen in any car..
That's really great!! Can you share your software version and config settings you see for setting traffic lights?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 07:05 PM   #26
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Found this while searching

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 07:14 PM   #27
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

One more

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/7...ghts-green.htm
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 03:51 AM   #28
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
And no.. I wasn't drunk
These are the kind of menu items I would expect to see if you have TLA available.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #29
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Did it stop at traffic light by itself or was there a car ahead of you?
It stopped by itself without a car in front. Both times it was at a new intersection with completely new traffic lights. Maybe it was a test setup because the car hasn't detected any other traffic lights since.
It's quite a bit out of my way but I'll film it next time I'm in the neighborhood. In my opinion the ACC is the best I've seen in any car..
Yes I believe a video of it will amaze the Tesla fans too. Can't wait to see it in action. Thanks.