BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-29-2023, 07:02 PM   #1
NYCX5M50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i executive/DHP

water leaking into headliner

2021. meticulously maintained and cared for. Few weeks ago I get in car to go out to dinner with my wife and I notice thee is water all over center counsel. I look up and where the light is above is all wet and dripping water. Haven't seen it since then until yesterday after I washed the car. anyone experience this? I had this issue in my x3 where the shark fin was leaking and they tried to pin it on my black wrapped roof. They eventually fixed it as they admitted the fines warped and common issue. This roof is not wrapped and fin has never been removed.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2023, 10:43 PM   #2
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

Since it's a 2021 and it suddenly started to leak, I would start with the drain lines. Try to pour a small bucket of water into each corner of the sunroof and see if they drain properly.

I experienced a leak issue from factory, as with others on this forum. Here's our experience and the repairs done to rectify the issue:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1581438
Appreciate 0