BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-19-2023, 08:55 PM   #23
masab321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Comp xDrive ; 2021

Garage List
I am also looking to buy a used x5 and I have had the same experience. I do not want an X5 without DAP. I have a G82 M4 without DAP and intentionally didn’t spec’d it but on a car like x5 that I want to use for long distance driving, having DAP is super convenient and helps reduce driver fatigue.
Insta: masmdm4
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 09:50 PM   #24
gen1md
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientifix View Post
I was using cargurus to browse through new and used X5 listings around 100 miles in Boston area. Out of 142 new X5 listings only 4 have driving assist pro package!! Given that without this package even adaptive cruise control isn’t available for X5 it’s so surprising to see how few have this feature!
We have a 2018 X3 which has this feature. The lane keep in our car is very bad but I use the adaptive cruise control every time we go for long distance driving it makes life easier. And from many reviews I read that the latest DAP is much better than the 2018 version.
We have also have a 2020 Tesla and the autopilot works quite well on the highway and we take the Tesla for around 200-300 mile drives only because of the autopilot even though we have to stop for about 30 minutes each way for charging.
We would rather take a gasoline car for long distance driving and when we replace our X3 I will definitely not buy a car without this feature but it’s so hard to find one. I know I can order one but that doesn’t get me the best deal. This feature is such a blessing for long distance driving it reduces the fatigue of long driving so much. It’s definitely not for everyone but it’s so surprising it’s so so rare and that too in 2024!!
Hi there, Mass resident here also. I know you say you don’t want to place an order as it doesn’t give you the best deal. FWIW, I placed an order with HC Sudbury at the end of September for a ‘24 X5 and they offered me 5% off the custom build and were offering 6% off any X5 already in stock. I also wanted DAP and a few other items this go around so it just made sense for me to custom order given the discount being offered wasn’t a huge difference from something in the current inventory. Also, with the month coming to a close, order allocations for January are probably almost full or full; just something to consider if you have a specific timeline.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 03:21 PM   #25
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooloud10 View Post
You cannot trust the options filtering on any of the major auto sale web sites. Literally have to wade through the pics to confirm anything but major things like color, drivetrain, etc.
Agreed but if the dealer link off the website published the VIN than a VIN decoder will tell you all the packages on the car vs wading through pictures trying to figure it out. 👍
Appreciate 0